[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Virtual reality, inside "Virtual reality" , lol.

Imagine, a virtual dimension, where players can get in, fly, destroy blocks, build, but its all fake, as once the player leaves the dimension his inventory goes back to what it was before going in.
    Virtual dimension could be programmed to have different generations (space, nether, overworld, end, skylands, whatever pleases you).

That makes me thing about all games, which we can get lots of things, be "rich", be "powerful", but those things are just values on a data center... not real, in any way.

It wouldn't be any virtual dimension or anything, simply a simulation, to make one feel not so ''cooped-up'' if they choose to live in a base, rather than in a wooden shack, throwing snowballs at creepers and zombies to keep them away from the door.
    It would offer no advantage of any kind in-game, and by some may be considered a ''waste of time and resources''. But there has to be something for people to do when they cheat in a bunch of expensive stuffs reach endgame, or atleast something to make it be cool-er than boring-ness.

The whole point is, whenever you use GOTO, you will get attacked by a Velociraptor.

Why?...

• Official Post

The whole point is, whenever you use GOTO, you will get attacked by a Velociraptor.

Wat?
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░
    ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░██▄▀▄░░░░
    ░░░▄▀░░▄▀▀▀▄░░░░█░░░▀▀░█▀▄░░░
    ░░░█░░█▄░░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░░▐░█░░░
    ░░▐▌░░█▀░░░▄▀░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▀░░█░░
    ░░▐▌░░█░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
    ░░▐▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░
    ░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░▐▌░
    ░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░█░░░░░░▐▌░
    ░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀█▄░░▄█░░░░░░▐▌░
    ░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░▐▌░
    ░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
    ░░░░▐▌▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░
    ░░░░░█░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░░░

• Because GOTO's are evil, invented by the forces of Chaos to sow disorder in the world. The velociraptors are sacred protectors of the natural order, ordained by the Gods of Structured Programming to eradicate all wrongdoers, and protect the fabric of the Worldcode from unraveling.

Common knowledge, really. They tell you this the first semester in Computer Science class.

• Official Post

Because GOTO's are evil, invented by the forces of Chaos to sow disorder in the world. The velociraptors are sacred protectors of the natural order, ordained by the Gods of Structured Programming to eradicate all wrongdoers, and protect the fabric of the Worldcode from unraveling.

Common knowledge, really. They tell you this the first semester in Computer Science class.

I can confirm that my Prof in Object Orientated Programming (Java) said that in the first Semester. I mean the GOTO = BAD Part not the Velociraptors.

• Official Post

That isnt even a Velociraptor... Looks more to me like a Deinonychus then anything

• The Wikipedia page for structured programming sums it up better than I ever could, but in a nutshell: it makes code harder to comprehend. The most precious computer resource known is developer man-hours.

• You guys still didn't tell why GOTO is bad.

Oh, this is very old, bearded holywar. It's beard start to grow when structural programming born. You may consider it as "pure" holywar because there is almost no valid reasons on both sides. Trick is that most language structures may be rewritten to use "goto", as well as algorithms may be rewritten to not use it at all, e.g. to use only language structures. So it's mostly about programming style + a bit of compiled code efficiency.

• Official Post

Oh, this is very old, bearded holywar. It's beard start to grow when structural programming born. You may consider it as "pure" holywar because there is almost no valid reasons on both sides. Trick is that most language structures may be rewritten to use "goto", as well as algorithms may be rewritten to not use it at all, e.g. to use only language structures. So it's mostly about programming style + a bit of compiled code efficiency.

Uh, okay. Anyway, if we ever get programable stuff (like robots), it may not have "goto" right?

• I mentioned this this in the Frogcraft thread already but i want to bring it up into the official suggestion thread , just more precisely.

My first point of changing the Distillation tower to become useful in the later stages of the game is to use liquid instead of cells (At least while processing , you can stil transpose the liquid into cells if you like ).
    The reason for this is that liquids are easier to use since you can simply transport them with tesseracts without a big waste of space , it looks more neat 2, since you dont have to use AE or BC pipes to transport the cells .

A hint to my second point should already become obvious by looking at the title. In my opinion the tower should start with 4 layers whiche means (3X3x4 -> just an idea , make it 3 or 5 to start w/e) , the point is to make it possible to get started with basic distillation earlier and expand it when you need it or you have the ressources to do so. My first idea was to increase the efficiency of the tower with every layer. But than i thought it would be a better idea to add a new type of destillation product with every layer . Ill take an example of a real oil refinery . Due to their different boiling points , "parts" of the crude oil are divided to creat new substances . In addition to that machine casings could be used to improve the efficiency of the process , whiche basicially means more products for the oil you input.

My Third and last change suggestion is rather an addition to point 2 . My idea to put some kind of output hatch on every layer so the stuff added with this layer is pumped out directly in liquid fom . This could look like (Just reality oriented brainstorming) first layer : asphalt or tar (Dont have a usage for them in mind yet ) . 2nd layer Fuel , 3rd layer Kerosene, 4th layer Gasoline .

Those substances could be used in special generators either one for each or a general generator where everything is used to generate energy depending on its "tier" . The substances also could or should be used to power either special engines or combustion engines to create a higher Mj output.

I hope you like the idea and help me to improve/expand it . Remember that this is just a very basic construct whiche came to me when i was playing with the distillation tower.

sincerely midget

ps: im aware of the fact , that some things mentioned here , like for example the liquid consuming dieselgenerators are mentioned in some way in the ToDolist . My major point was the remake of the distillation tower , whiche lead in points , who partly were already in the todo list

• Official Post

Greg should add liquid support to all his machines, that would please everyone.
    Blast furnace (Liquid Silicon)
    Industrial Grinder (Mercury, that calcium thingy to get more iron)
    Centrifuge (Mainly for deuterium and tritium, but some other recipes too)
    Electrolyzer (Liquid Lithium and Sodium [and any other])
    Distillation Tower (Oil/biomass -> Fuel/biofuel)
    Implosion Compressor (If we ever get nitroglycerin [Glycerol cells] as explosive alternative)
    and any other i may have forgotten.

• Seeing as we now have Saws, Files, Hammers, and Wrenches, and they are all used in various crafting low-tech crafting recipes now, could we extend the early-game tech tree a little bit with the addition of (basically 10-durability single-crafting-use) Stone variants of these tools? Considering the existence of the wood/flint and stone Mortars, for low-tech ingot->dust grinding, stone GT tools feel like they would make sense.

• A couple comments on the new changes:
    Could you make all recipes requiring tools be able to be made in a machine? in particular, turbine blades and tools can't be made automatically.
    Could you allow heating coils to be made in the lathe, so I don't have to use MJ?
    Also, It would be nice if the wolframium grinder heads could be a bit cheaper if made with tungstensteel
    And while you are adding new tools, is there any chance of an advanced rock cutter? :)