[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

Nitor gives a lower 2-3eu/t, but will drain the local aura with 25-50% less yield per vis then an absorber, but has considerably cheaper and simpler recipe.

I think it should be 250-500% more efficient than the absorber, as the absorber drains vis at a much higher rate, disrupting nodes.
    The nitor should be a tiny passive generator that will slowly degrade your vis source if you don't regenerate it.

High Temperature super conductor : HgBa2Ca2Cu3O8 (134 K - wiki) , how about adding this to the game as an alternative for iridium in superconductors ?
    Barium is either made with UUM or extracted from nether quartz in very tiny quantities. 64 Nether quartz dust -> centrifuged for 2 tiny barium dusts (and other quartz components).
    Also the conductor is made by an advanced chemical reactor, which allows the mix of up to 8 chemicals, resulting up to 9 outputs. [aka allowing the decomposition or "fusion" of elements]
    mercury Cell + 2 Barium cell + 2 calcium cell + 3 copper ingots + 4 compressed air cell = 1 superconductor ingot (HgBa2Ca2Cu3O8), which can be used in the superconductor recipe as iridium replacement.

• I think it should be 250-500% more efficient than the absorber, as the absorber drains vis at a much higher rate, disrupting nodes.
    The nitor should be a tiny passive generator that will slowly degrade your vis source if you don't regenerate it.

High Temperature super conductor : HgBa2Ca2Cu3O8 (134 K - wiki) , how about adding this to the game as an alternative for iridium in superconductors ?
    Barium is either made with UUM or extracted from nether quartz in very tiny quantities. 64 Nether quartz dust -> centrifuged for 2 tiny barium dusts (and other quartz components).
    Also the conductor is made by an advanced chemical reactor, which allows the mix of up to 8 chemicals, resulting up to 9 outputs. [aka allowing the decomposition or "fusion" of elements]
    mercury Cell + 2 Barium cell + 2 calcium cell + 3 copper ingots + 4 compressed air cell = 1 superconductor ingot (HgBa2Ca2Cu3O8), which can be used in the superconductor recipe as iridium replacement.

Well, remember that Crystal Clusters are very easy to spam if you have automining capabilities... Although, I do like that idea for the dynamo, too.

Also, +1 to superconductor replacements!

EDIT:
    MatLaPatate: Great minds think alike. :P

• Translocators can do that if used properly. Its hard to accomplish, but they can do that.

No, they can't. They never extract the components at the right time, and they always melt. Unless you set it up to shut off the reactor, and supply the machines with just enough EU to remove only the components, and no refreshed ones that are added back by the buffer, but that is not possible unless you have a way to make an EU storage device only output that set amount of EU, in ONE packet, ONCE, when it detects a redstone signal or something. Nobody has made anything capable of that yet.
    And about the Advanced Regulator, it recognizes slots of the Nuclear Reactor, that are not present. For example, a 1-chamber reactor, has 3 slots at the top, but slot #3 is the one to the right of slot #2, which does not exist unless all 6 extra chambers are included.

• Official Post

No, they can't. They never extract the components at the right time, and they always melt. Unless you set it up to shut off the reactor, and supply the machines with just enough EU to remove only the components, and no refreshed ones that are added back by the buffer, but that is not possible unless you have a way to make an EU storage device only output that set amount of EU, in ONE packet, ONCE, when it detects a redstone signal or something. Nobody has made anything capable of that yet.
    And about the Advanced Regulator, it recognizes slots of the Nuclear Reactor, that are not present. For example, a 1-chamber reactor, has 3 slots at the top, but slot #3 is the one to the right of slot #2, which does not exist unless all 6 extra chambers are included.

1 2 3
    10 11 12
    19 20 21

Use the 6 chamber slots as a reference.

• Greg, could you add a new higher-efficiency recipe for the iron fences using refined iron rods? For example, 6 iron rods in the same arrangement giving the same yield? Or, even better, two iron rods crafted together will yield four iron fences, so that you don't have to craft 12 just to use 2 for magnetizers.

• So I was thinking more about my previous idea about the next stage of Gregtech (which could actually be getting closer to the space stage) and perhaps there can be things like an Electrolysis Machine for processing some of the rarer items. With these you may need a multiblock chemical reactor that can handle very corrosive things (such as creating Aqua Regia or other extreme acids) or a multiblock Alloy Furnace for processing certain items (such as putting in Iridium and Osmium and then some Aqua Regia to get some Osmiridium). With all of these high tech and powerful machines perhaps this can start to be the bridge to creating devices that are able to be used in your futuristic plans.

I would like to know if I should continue giving these ideas for this next level or just stop (if I'm just wasting my time haha).

• 1 2 3
    10 11 12
    19 20 21

Use the 6 chamber slots as a reference.

I did figure it after a while, but still the machine does not extract coolant cells at the right time.

So I was thinking more about my previous idea about the next stage of Gregtech (which could actually be getting closer to the space stage) and perhaps there can be things like an Electrolysis Machine for processing some of the rarer items. With these you may need a multiblock chemical reactor that can handle very corrosive things (such as creating Aqua Regia or other extreme acids) or a multiblock Alloy Furnace for processing certain items (such as putting in Iridium and Osmium and then some Aqua Regia to get some Osmiridium). With all of these high tech and powerful machines perhaps this can start to be the bridge to creating devices that are able to be used in your futuristic plans.

I would like to know if I should continue giving these ideas for this next level or just stop (if I'm just wasting my time haha).

You should keep giving ideas; ideas are always useful as long as they are logical. Even if they aren't added, they may cause something else that is cool to be added.
    Your idea, for Multiblock Electrolysis/Alloy Smelters is a great idea, and I think it should be included in the future. Maybe the Aqua Regia could be bottled into special Reinforced Spray cans, for spraying mobs/players and dealing heavy damage. Or put into a more brittle container, and thrown for a Splash of the ''Corrosion'' effect, which damages mobs/players at 2 hits/sec, at 1/2 heart per ''hit'' (if the mob/player is wearing non-electric armour, it is damaged heavily, but has little or no effect on the forcefield of Electric Armour)

On a different topic, Suggestion: Every machine, that has moving parts, like the Plate Bender/Macerator/Compressor/Centrifuge, has a small liquid tank, a few pixels wide, at the right-hand side of the GUI. Under it is an inventory slot. The gauge shows how much Oil (similar to Motor Oil, not Crude Oil) is in the machine. Putting a cell/bucket of that specific type of Oil into the slot, adds the oil to the machine. Each machine holds, by default, 4000 mB, and uses 1 mB per operation (or more, for more time-consuming recipes), but it can have an Oil Tank Upgrade added, to increase the capacity to 64,000 mB.
    Machines do not need the Oil to operate, it just makes them operate more EU-efficiently/faster. Overclocker upgrades have an effect that causes 2x the oil to be used than if the overclocker upgrade wasn't installed, though.
    There could even be another liquid gauge next to the Oil gauge, for ''Used Oil''. Used Oil could be refined back into Oil, at a 4:3 ratio orso.
    the Oil could be made from Crude Oil products and some other hydrocarbons and stuff like that, and alternatively via UUM assembling.

• :whistling:

Doesn't matter if it was already suggested for IC2, this is an addon of IC2 where it was suggested. And it was suggested for GT machines, not IC2 machines.
    Also, the ''Industrial Blast Furnace'' is mainly for making stuff like Aluminum or Steel, it doesn't alloy much stuff. A Multiblock Alloy Smelter may be able to mix stuff faster, or operate with Liquid metals. Possible GUI, has 3 tanks: 2 at the left, one above the other, with the canning machine combination arrow pointing at a tank to the Right. There are inventory squares next to the tanks Tanks, for inputting stuffs, and a meter off to the side of the input slot(s), showing its progress in ''melting'' the substance. Melting is faster if it is a dust, because heat can be applied to more surface area quicker than to a solid bar of metal. If enough of 2 alloy-able materials are input in both tanks, they combine slowly and are output into the 3rd tank of the right, where they can be extracted as a liquid, or cooled into Ingots or Plates, depending on the Cast that is used.

• Official Post

We need a Gregtech classic config which only adds the lightening rod :thumbup:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• About the idea I had earlier for the ''Reactor Manager'' machine,... after several hours of experimentation and thinking, it seems that there is no Gregtech machine that can extract Vents or Coolant cells while a reactor is running, beyond the configured temperature of the filter-item in any such machine. It simply ignores anything that is not at the exact same temperature of the cell/vent filter item, and happily lets the reactor melt down. So, I would like to propose the idea of the ''Reactor Manager'' machine, which is an advanced automation device that can manage a Reactor in many ways.
    To make the idea better, I have refined the idea of how it works/what it does:
    Operation: The Reactor Manager can remove items from the reactor that are at or below the damage value of a set filter item, to the output-side set for that filter-item. Useful for HVC/DDoS designs, and maybe something else. The machine also checks the core temperature of the reactor, and displays it at the top of the GUI. The operator can set a ''shutoff'' temperature, that the manager will shut-off the reactor at said temperature, until it cools below that temperature. Or, the reactor manager can shut-off the reactor when one of a set filter component, in the reactor, gets to or above set temperature of the filter item, and only starts it back up either when the component goes below set temperature, or cools completely. Useful for Mk II+ designs, especially Mk V, where human error could lead to a massive hole in the ground/base.
    The device can also check for Re-enriched Uranium cells, and shutoff the reactor at the moment that it detects one, and eject all of them that are found, to an inventory at a set face of the device.
    EU Usage: the machine uses 1 EU/t to constantly check the Reactor Temperature and 32 EU to shut off/start up the reactor (if enabled), and 1 EU/t to check components in the reactor and 8 EU to remove components (fresh components can be re-inserted via Advanced Regulator).

If this device is added, we won't have to rely on RP automation to automate reactors, and we all know how many problems RP always causes between updates, when the developer hesitates to update the mod/decides to skip a few versions of Minecraft, ''just because''.
    Thank you for reading, and I hope that you consider this.

• :cursing:

It is one alloy, but that alloy has to be made under extremely high temperatures. Other alloys, like Electrum and Brass, do not require that high of temperatures, and thus a multiblock alloy-smelter would be good for mass production.

• Basically, a transposer with a "metadata less then or equal to" or a "metadata greater then or equal to" setting. Which would be awesome to have for nuclear reactors, would make the vacuum freezer cool down recipes much more useful.

Also some other fancy magic tidbits which we can pretty much already do with nuclear control.

EDIT @ ABOVE POST: If you want more production, build more alloy furnaces. Simple.

• Basically, a transposer with a "metadata less then or equal to" or a "metadata greater then or equal to" setting. Which would be awesome to have for nuclear reactors, would make the vacuum freezer cool down recipes much more useful.

Also some other fancy magic tidbits which we can pretty much already do with nuclear control.

EDIT @ ABOVE POST: If you want more production, build more alloy furnaces. Simple.

About the alloy furnace, a multiblock version could be more efficient and faster, than a wall of the Hobbyist Basic Alloy Ovens standard Alloy Smelters.

• Okay, explain to me this: What will spending Greg's time to make your advanced alloy furnace provide to gameplay? How is it better then, say, nuclear boilers? Or the whole assortment of first-tier bronze machines which Greg is currently working on? Or whatever else Greg has planning for the near future? What will your alloy furnace do, other then energy efficiency? Considering that the alloy smelter already consumes pathetic amounts of EU, this is a rather weaksauce reason to add a new machine. If you want it to add new alloys, why not use the blast furnace? Just kick the alloy's heat requirement up to 11, and that's basically exactly the same challenge to the player as adding a new machine, but with much less work. Are there any other reasons for it?