[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• I think with rubber and orange dye you cant hold radiation back, meaning the hazmat suit makes no sense.

instead of rubber it should use lead or gold or any other heavy element.

You know why real-life hazmat suits don't have lead? Because they are so damn heavy.

• Official Post

I think with rubber and orange dye you cant hold radiation back, meaning the hazmat suit makes no sense.

instead of rubber it should use lead or gold or any other heavy element.

Everyone knows that flowers are actually coloured Neutronium.
    Besides, that would be heavy, and IRL hazmats are actually rubber composites.

• I've been thinking, By the time you advance to the electric tier, you already have a steam producing infrastructure, but once you get electricity, you have no immediate method of producing electricity from it. I suggest that you add a small, cheap steam turbine that is slightly more efficient than a generator. It would also help with other steam-producing power generation options, since without railcraft, you cannot get any meaningful energy from steam until you produce the large amount you need to power the large steam turbine.

• Official Post

I've been thinking, By the time you advance to the electric tier, you already have a steam producing infrastructure, but once you get electricity, you have no immediate method of producing electricity from it. I suggest that you add a small, cheap steam turbine that is slightly more efficient than a generator. It would also help with other steam-producing power generation options, since without railcraft, you cannot get any meaningful energy from steam until you produce the large amount you need to power the large steam turbine.

IMO, the plain generator should be a small steam turbine. Fed by steam from the boilers.
    Basically, you could allow it to run on steam (20 mB/t), more efficiently rather than just burning stuff on it directly.

• IMO, the plain generator should be a small steam turbine. Fed by steam from the boilers.
    Basically, you could allow it to run on steam (20 mB/t), more efficiently rather than just burning stuff on it directly.

That would also be a good way to reduce obsoletion of the Bronze Age.

I do think there needs to be some way to "disassemble" the Bronze Age machinery and reclaim some resources (maybe 40% - 70%) for the Electric Age.

• I'm all for converting or even replacing generators with some inefficient and cheap steam turbine.

Also I have concerns regarding stainless steel in electric tools. Stainless steel is far harder to obtain than titanium, yet it's 1 tier lower than titanium upgrade. We have again the same situation as with vanilla IC2. Where upgrading your iron drill in to a diamond one was no issue at all. If you can make stainless steel, getting those 2 bars of titanium is no problem at all.

• Official Post

New Cover/Block : Water Condenser, slowly generates water by condensing atmopheric humidity.
    Does not use energy. Does not generate water on deserts (low humidity biomes), increased output on oceans, rivers, rainforests (high humidity biomes).

• Official Post

New Cover/Block : Water Condenser, slowly generates water by condensing atmopheric humidity.
    Does not use energy. Does not generate water on deserts (low humidity biomes), increased output on oceans, rivers, rainforests (high humidity biomes).

Atmospheric condensers do infact use a small amount of energy to lower the temperature of the material so that the water can actually condense on it, otherwise it is the same temperature as the atmosphere and does not condense.

• Suggestion for 2 new crops:

-Feather-flowers (or something similar):
    Special flowers, that drop Feathers instead of any kinds of dye. Drops 1-3 feathers, unless buffed by GGR.

-Leatherreed:
    Exactly what it sounds like - a special, brown coloured Reeds which drop Leather.

Both of these would be very helpful to book-writers, who like to write books, but who do not want to kill chickens or cows for their very needed resources.

• Official Post

Isn't there already a chicken crop

• What about a crude-oil based steam generator for the steam age? I have loads of oil right now and I have nothing to use it for, seeing as quarries require the electric age anyways.

• Official Post

What about a crude-oil based steam generator for the steam age? I have loads of oil right now and I have nothing to use it for, seeing as quarries require the electric age anyways.

Adding to it, what if we make soulsand oil extractable using bronze stuff?
    Like , 4 soulsand + furnace = 1 Bituminous Oil block
    Bituminous Oil block + comperssor = bituminous oil ingot
    8 bituminous oil ingot + empty cell = 1 oil cell

• I'm not sure what an oil ingot is, so what if instead you could just put like 32 soul sand in the left slot and 1 cell in the right slot, and it would be processed in a squeezing extractor to get one oil cell and half a stack of sand?

• Also, is there about to be a massive Gregtech update or something? Because there are a lot of screws, bolts, and rounds that are sitting there doing nothing right now...