[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• I think a youtuber Bevolj has a good Gregtech suggestion: http://youtu.be/JE23ZWRFZhs?list=UU5GwTTg7lTtqNLIc3kJPTaQ

Basically he says there should be an NEI path that shows you how to create specific things the best way (In there point of progression you'd want to craft them in)
    Ex. To get steel there would be two options in a display, one says you need a bronze blast furnace, the other says you can use a electric powered blast furnace.

• Does Greg already have an idea of how to implement the soldering iron? This thing is a big ugly thorn in stuck in the middle of the early electrical game shitting all over new players.

I propose: keep it simple.

Soldering iron + (Lead | etc) {Shapeless} = Soldering Iron And Lead item (with X uses depending on lead, battery-alloy, whatever)

When used (in circuitry, repairs) it consumes "uses" at a rate proportionate to the material-type of the soldering iron itself. This is logically waved away by the idea that a better soldering iron (made of, say, steel) is more precise and fine-controllable. Lower-value soldering irons (copper) consume a lot of "uses" due to blundering failures.

Use-case:
    * Player creates soldering iron out of copper
    * Player combines soldering iron and lead to get Soldering Iron And Lead, 200/50000 uses.
    * Player repairs circuitry. Due to shit nature of the tool, 200 uses are consumed immediately.
    * Player combines Soldering Iron And Lead with Lead to "refill" the soldering iron

Problems:
    * Many GT materials would make absolutely terrible soldering irons.
    * Soldering Iron And Lead is a shite name for the item (and not dynamic and probably impossible to make so)

Benefits:
    * User "consumes" the metal they want to consume instead of having to find it in their inventory (programmatic benefit)

• Official Post

I don't know if holy water is even craftable, cause NEI doesn't tell me, but I got one idea how to make it craftable.

Allow us to use "liquid XP" as the other mods do as a fluid with magical properties, capable of enhancing magic properties of whatever thing we use it on.

Liquid XP (I prefer calling it Life Essence) would be obtained by standing over the Magic Energy Extractor (new machine). It uses magic items (enderpearl dust/blaze powder) as catalyst.

Life Essence would be used to enhance regular water into holy water via chemical reactor, aswell bathing arrows with it, giving more sharpness.
    Life Essence would be used into the crafting of any magic related items, like the autoclave crystallization of blaze powder or enderpearl dust into rods or pearls, respectively.
    The use of holy water in a ore washing machine would result in more byproducts. Cause magic lol.

• We got Holy Water Arrows,
    now we just need
    Standart Water Arrows, Noisemaker Arrow, Moss Arrow, Gas Arrow and Fire Arrow to turn this into the Dark Project

• So I had the idea for a kind of modular forcefield armor or something like that, basically consisting of a special, easily manipulatable alloy and a main forcefield generator forming the alloy into a armor-like form, and strengthening it to the point of unbreakability. You could also use this to reform metals in your inventory into forcefield generators applying stuff like potion effects, flight, or even extra inventory space(making the items hover around you in the air). Also, a kind of helmet could be added which allows mind-control(aka keybinds like the EE2 poweritems had), instead of switching modes with forcefield generators in your hand. the difference from this kind of mps armor suggested a few pages earlier is that most of your "armor" is actually inventory, in form of force field generators, and materials to form them. The interesting thing about this is that you wouldn't have enough space to have everything, so you would have to make quick re-transformations while in battle and stuff like that. It would be strong without removing the actual gameplay almost completely due to invincibility(wow, that's a lot of "i"s) and one hit kills. Another idea I had for this: one could use this blob of freely manipulatable matter to extend one's own reach, but htat would cause a littlebit of time delay, due to the "suit" having to extend something like a tendril or a robotical arm carrying wathever tool you want to use. I'll probably improve my suggestion later, but I first wanted to know what you think about it.

EDIT:
    sorry for WoT(Wall of Text).

EDIT AGAIN:

thought of a crafting recipe for this strange freely manipulatable alloy: you need to create something like an iron wire grid-like structure in the assembly machine wth some iron wire and molten iron to connect the wire, and then melt iridium alloy(and maybe mix it with advanced alloy?), and pour the molten iridium alloy over the iron-grid-thingy. The iron-grid-thingy is used to manipulate the iridium alloy via magnetics, and iridium should be used because of balance and because apparently you only have to put energy into it to make it indestructible.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

Edited 2 times, last by blub01 ().

• I'm d<edit>o</edit>ubleposting here, but I hope you don't mind it.

My brother made intresting suggestion:
    Glass arrows filled with potion of swiftness flies faster. (with potion of slowness, they should fly slower, huh?)

This sounds cool, if the arrows work like a splash potion upon impact. Also, you could fill them(if MFR is installed) with sludge, giving wither something for a few seconds(or generating a few flowing sludge blocks), or chlorine for instant damage/poison/wither?, maybe poison if you didn't really hit, poison and instant damage if you barely missed, and some whopping wither effect almost certainly causing death, due to chlorine being quite poisonous, and maybe one could wear a gas mask and a hazmat suit to negate splash potion effects(and the effects of the "glass arrows"). Maybe they could also be filled with water for putting out nearby fires and compressed water for turning lava into obsidian in the same range and fires in an a few blocks larger range? the possibilities are endless.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• I'm apparently a real hotspot for Ideas.
    My suggestion this time: a fog machine, which sets the render distance of nearby players to tiny(or you can adjust it), and uses power and whatever fog machines use in RL.

• What is it now? quadrupleposting? well, I had the idea to add a machine which turns energy into a new type of matter quite unstable, which only needs neglectable effort(aka semlting it or something) to turn it into energy again, mainly as fuel for my first sugestion. One shouldn't be able to turn random matter into energy though - that would be at least as op as EE2, or even more so because if you want to stay realistic, you would have to make cobblestone worth more than something like diamonds or titanium(ingots) or something like that.

• but I wanted to keep the different suggestions separated, that's why I quadrupleposted.

EDIT: Even if I don't always(aka quite frequently EDIT: don't) have success, I always try to keep things oragnized, even on the internet.

• I just posted the reason for quadrupleposting, I didn't say it was a good one.

EDIT: Also, it's "Fromatting exists for such reasons, not "Formatting exist for such reason". At least I think so.

EDIT AGAIN: Also, my post count does not rise if I just edit.

EDIT THE THIRD TIME, SUGGESTION:
    make the gregtech suggestion thread a section. it would make checking if your suggestion already exists much easier. Also maybe a thread where accepted and denied suggestions are listed, so that the threads of them can be removed?

EDIT THE FOURH:
    Change the red alloy cable. right now, you spend 4 redstone on going two voltage tiers down, without a real win. Maybe making insulated red alloy cable having no loss at all/ a fourth of the loss vanilla IC² glass fibre cable has? in the first case, you could make uninsulated red alloy cable 1/4 the loss of vanilla IC² glass fibre cable, in the second case, 1/2 the loss of glass fibre cable.

• i would like to suggest naquadah enrichment in fission reactors so you put regular naquadah in an empty fuel rod you put the naquadah fuel rod in a fission reactor next to a uranium or mox cell and it will breed like a breeder reactor and when it is finished breeding you take out the enriched naquadah fuel rod and you can take the enriched naquadah out and put it in a naquadah generator or combine it with coal dust or some other dust if it is too cheaty and it would last twice as long as uranium and it would be twice as strong. Also i would like thorium reactors and plutonium reactors becouse that would make sence :)

• i would like to suggest naquadah enrichment in fission reactors so you put regular naquadah in an empty fuel rod you put the naquadah fuel rod in a fission reactor next to a uranium or mox cell and it will breed like a breeder reactor and when it is finished breeding you take out the enriched naquadah fuel rod and you can take the enriched naquadah out and put it in a naquadah generator or combine it with coal dust or some other dust if it is too cheaty and it would last twice as long as uranium and it would be twice as strong. Also i would like thorium reactors and plutonium reactors becouse that would make sence :)

I don't know if the enriching of naquadah works in the reactor, but why do we need special reactors for thorium/plutonium? it's not like they are completely different from uranium. they create radiation and heat, like uranium, at different rates, but that's why you can change reactor components.

• I don't know if the enriching of naquadah works in the reactor, but why do we need special reactors for thorium/plutonium? it's not like they are completely different from uranium. they create radiation and heat, like uranium, at different rates, but that's why you can change reactor components.

what i meant was that you shuld be able to put thorium, uranium and do enriched naquadah fission
    and naquadah enrichment in the same nuclear reactor not difrent reactors for each

• well, either i'm just missunderstanding something, or you said it exactly the other way around. doesn't matter though, everybody can understadn what you mean now.

SUGGESTION:
    Greg, when you implement pollution, could you make it so the muffler hatch has some kind of buffer tank, from which one can pipe from and maybe reprocess the CO2/whatever waste gas the machine produces can be reprocessed into something uusefull? If the tank of the muffler hatch fills up completely, you can do something thaumcraft-taint-like.(without laggy graphics and spreading mechanics)