With all the new mods that allow for long distance travel the EU consumption of teleporters REALLY needs to be revisited or they may as well not exist!

• I know this probably isn't the first time this has been said but I beg you hear me out. I feel like this device has basically just been written off because of it's high EU cost compared to other mods and I really want to see it getting used again. Please reduce the EU cost of teleporters!!!! They are a great machine but see so little use because when compared to other mods like mystcraft they're so, so expensive to use. I like that they aren't as op as mystcraft but the massive EU cost makes them almost unjustifiable and impossible to set up easily in remote places. I've come up with an awesome way to use them by chaining them ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29picGlScKQ ) but the cost is in the millions for a few short jumps and when you think about the tiny distance this is (maybe 20 meters?) the EU cost really shouldn't be so high when you can get around so cheaply with in other mods. Anyway, love the mod and sorry for hassling the thread with demands.

• Official Post

Teleporters are instant
    Railways are cheap but Take a while
    Mystcraft is OP as hell
    Teleporters really dont take that much power, you are just doing it wrong. Try taking everything in your inventory out, it makes the energy cost much less.

• Official Post

do TP's count inventory in Enderpouches?

No, it counts it as 1 Slot( The actual enderpouch)

• Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Teleporters are instant
    Railways are cheap but Take a while
    Mystcraft is OP as hell
    Teleporters really dont take that much power, you are just doing it wrong. Try taking everything in your inventory out, it makes the energy cost much less.

I take it you didn't watch the video? And while Mystcraft is op (like I said) the fact is people aren't going to use this block in most of the packs for that reason. I'm not saying make it free but when you look at the cost involved in the setup in the video (which couldn't be done any other way, I am doing it right, and expecting people to empty their inventories makes what is supposed to be a convenience very inconvenient and defies the point of using it and that's why NO ONE USES THE BLOCK!) the EU cost is tremendous, not to mention the difficulty of getting that much power to remote places.

• On the IC2 wiki you can find the energy cost calculation.
    But I think you can turn the cost for items that you hold off in the config.

That calculator won't really work for how I'm using the teleporters (see the vid) and most server admins aren't going to be fussed to change configs. it should be balanced off the bat.

• All the teleporters really need is a better way to link two together. I use them all the time, they are a stupidly cheap and fast way to teleport around.
    3000 blocks with a full inventory only just drains an MFSU

• Official Post

It should take you Redicoulous amounts of power to send you anywhere without a Second Teleporter, but with one it Takes much much less.

• It's mainly overly difficult to set up and not really very useful- long distances are too energy intensive for regular use, and short distances are not really useful compare to the set up required. I think i would use it more frequently if linked teleporters could share power or something, but otherwise there is not much point.

• how to make teleporter usefull and popular:

1) Allow to rotate it to any direction (this will allow to place it in celling or side wall)
    2) Longer entity pickup range (like 5 blocks)
    3) No particles

GUI with ability to set destination ID and current ID.

This will allow to link teleporters in any part of world if player know ID.

This will require to store teleporter data outside vanilla regions in order to keep this data without loading every chunk on startup but this perfectly possible, chunkloading also not issue.

• But...but...but the Particles are awesome!

• -Rotating? Okay, but it seems kind of complicated and not too useful.
    -Five blocks is a bit too much- i don't want sheep coming along from outside the walls.
    -Particles are awesome

ID's seems useful.

• The current system saves coordinates of the blocks, while an ID code does not. If a coordinate is known to the system then the chunk the teleported is in can be loaded, since the ID doesn't have coordinates it requires a chunk loader. Thus a ID system will not be implemented.