vanilla hopper support.

• hopper is the new item in minecraft 1.5.
    this item is extract from top and insert to side or bottom.
    hopper can insert items to IC2 machines but can't extract properly.
    (tested on latest IC2 beta build)
    i suggestion support hopper with IC2 machines.

• Maybe it extracts from the bottom?

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• The vanilla ISided rules are:
    a) Insert to Slot 0 (top slot) in vanilla furnace from top face
    b) Insert fuels to Slot 1 (bottom slot) from side face
    c) Extract product from Slot 2 (right slot) from the bottom face

• Official Post

The vanilla ISided rules are:
    a) Insert to Slot 0 (top slot) in vanilla furnace from top face
    b) Insert fuels to Slot 1 (bottom slot) from side face
    c) Extract product from Slot 2 (right slot) from the bottom face

c) Extract Output from ANY Side. (even though Hoppers are not capable of any other Side than downwards)
    d) If Fuel Slot contains empty Bucket then extract that as well.

• Official Post

Vanilla ISided (yes, that one is 100% Mojang) is far better than Forges Version. It lets you define, which Items go into or out of which Slot from which Side, and is not limited to Side and Range only, like the old and depricated Forge variant. It also lets you prevent outputting Input Items no matter, which Side your Automation is facing.

• What would be interesting is a modification of the hopper to where you can place it "upside down" on the side of a machine allowing for items to follow "gravity" and fall into the hopper's "spout" and out through the main body of it by shift-placing the hopper while standing where the player's head is below the block.

If you wanted to take it one step further, you could add the spawning of the item entity as it "falls" out of the hopper and into another hopper or a water stream running over other hoppers.

• What would be interesting is a modification of the hopper to where you can place it "upside down" on the side of a machine allowing for items to follow "gravity" and fall into the hopper's "spout" and out through the main body of it by shift-placing the hopper while standing where the player's head is below the block.

If you wanted to take it one step further, you could add the spawning of the item entity as it "falls" out of the hopper and into another hopper or a water stream running over other hoppers.

As I understand it you can do it this way. It is 2 blocks, but it still works.

Machine
    Hopper
    Dropper (Connect to RS pulse)
    Water Stream

• Ah. I hadn't considered the Dropper as I haven't gotten a chance to actually sit down and play Minecraft lately. Nevermind then.