[Suggestion] Better Speech as Default

• Alright, so...
    Herochat. Or whatever it's called, I'm not a fan of plugins. But anyway, I never really liked the idea of Global chat; on servers with lots of people, it becomes overcrowded. hard to track what a friend is saying, or what people are saying locally.
    I propose a new set of Communications-Based items, along with a localchat system configurable in server configs. After all, modern technology is centered heavily around communication.
    The Wireless Radio
    The wireless radio would be a tier-1 communications device capable of receiving radio signals along various bandwidths. A very simple device, it would consume around about 2 EU/T in exchange for passively receiving Radio signals. Signals are received as chat messages entitled, for example, (Radio) Hello there! Volume could be adjusted in the GUI up to 25 blocks.
    The Two-Way Radio
    The Two-Way Radio would be a device capable of actually transmitting Radio Signals, but only to an area, say, 500x500 around it. This would encourage players to build more advanced radio tech. Signals are transmitted by simply talking around a 5x5 radius of the block. IT would require a 3 EU/T current to function. Volume can be adjusted up to 20 blocks.
    The Radio Transmitter
    The Radio Transmitter does what the Two-Way Radio cannot; It transmits a signal across a frequency globally, allowing people from two halves of a map to communicate. Must be placed > Y = 200 to function. Requires constant 5 EU/T and functions like a two-way radio without the two-way bit. Sensitivity could be adjusted in the GUI.
    The Handheld Radio
    The Handheld radio functions as a handheld version of the Wireless Radio. It has a volume of 3 blocks and acts like a tier 2 version of the Wireless.
    The Handheld Two-way Radio
    ... Nuff said. Transmits only in 200x200 radius.
    The Bluetooth Headset
    A helmet that functions like a handheld two-way, but doesnt have to be held. Hold+Shift-Click to adjust. Can only be heard by you. Others will think you're weird. Tier 2.
    CD Recorder
    Allows you to record chat whilst the device is active. Tier 3, 7 EU/T
    CD Player
    Allows CDs to be played back. Can be transmitted through a neighbouring radio. Tier 3, 6 EU/T
    Speaker :|
    Attatchable to radios, etc to increase volume up to 50 blocks.
    Explosion tinnitus
    Not an item, but an idea; when you are hurt by explosions, you are unable to hear for a bit, plus a whining sound in your ear. Like in SourceEngine.

• I'm pretty sure Cell Phones were already suggested (not the same name, but the same Idea). Like 1/2 years ago though ^^. I don't know if it's denied or not, but at least your suggestion is quite detailed.
    I tend to agree with the fact we need a cool device to communicate to the person we want without typing these ****ing commands.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• sounds cool. i support local chats, atleast in a basic form, servers can suck due to that, when there is so much people speaking you can't even read a message before it goes away.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• I'm pretty sure Cell Phones were already suggested (not the same name, but the same Idea). Like 1/2 years ago though ^^.

Are you kidding? Cell phones were one of the first ideas EVER for IndustrialCraft! On the first page of the IC1 MCF thread!

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

Are you kidding? Cell phones were one of the first ideas EVER for IndustrialCraft! On the first page of the IC1 MCF thread!

Did I say it wasn't ? Understand the 1/2 years as 1 OR 2 years. And I wasn't sure about the name, that's all.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Are you kidding? Cell phones were one of the first ideas EVER for IndustrialCraft! On the first page of the IC1 MCF thread!

Heh... cell phones were the first feature in the first (unreleased) mod I ever made... also meat blocks, and computers that acted as jump pads, and cables that did nothing.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Did I say it wasn't ? Understand the 1/2 years as 1 OR 2 years.

I'm sorry, I thought you meant half a year, because "1/2" is often used as "a half".

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

I'm sorry, I thought you meant half a year, because "1/2" is often used as "a half".

Maybe it's better to use 1 - 2 years.

• They just need to add a banana plant in the cropsystem. Then just craft it with a redstone dust, and... wait for it...

BANANA PHONE!

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Official Post

They just need to add a banana plant in the cropsystem. Then just craft it with a redstone dust, and... wait for it...

BANANA PHONE!

DOO DOO DO DO DA!