[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Machines - now with Array Solars! [Not to be confused with Solar Arrays]

• Is there a beta or experimental version of Advanced Machines that works with IC2 experimental? Now that I've gotten ic2 experimental to work on my server, I really want to get this added in :)

• Hey Immibis, what's the chance you could be talked into adding a clone of the Greg Tech thermal generator into Advanced Machines? It's not really that the thermal generator produces that much more power than the IC2 geothermal generator (it doesn't), the killer feature is that you can pipe lava into it instead of having to hack together some clunky way to get buckets or cans of lava fed into it.

I just ripped Greg Tech out of my servers today, tested to see whether your Core and Advanced Machines would work with Forge Multipart (they do), checked some items NEI, and realized that the ONLY things from GregTech I used that aren't already provided by something else are the thermal generator and the industrial grinder. And if it comes to that, I can live without the industrial grinder.

(What would be really awesome would be a thermal generator that still produced power only on demand, like the geothermal generator does, instead of running maximum output into already-full energy storage. That would be BETTER than Greg.)

• Geothermals in experimental IC2 already support pumped lava. I'm almost certain they supported it in non-experimental as well.

• No, in latest IC2_lf they don't. They just simply don't connect to Fluid Pipes.

No idea about 401 but in 175 they worked perfectly fine. I specifically tested it before posting here. I do vaguely remember using vanilla-IC geothermals at some point before experimental but unfortunately I can't remember if they allowed pumping or not.

• No idea about 401 but in 175 they worked perfectly fine. I specifically tested it before posting here. I do vaguely remember using vanilla-IC geothermals at some point before experimental but unfortunately I can't remember if they allowed pumping or not.

I'm not using the experimental yet, too much breaks. In 401-lf, not only can I not find any way to get lava piped into a geothermal, I can't find any way to autofill lava buckets from a tank in order to pipe lava buckets to one. This makes geothermals usable at present only if hand-fed. (I'm eagerly awaiting the Thermal Expansion port and the return of liquiduct and the TE machines.)

• I'd also like to lobby for a version compatible with the experimental branch. AtomicStryker's variant works but I'd much prefer this one. :)

• I'm almost certain the non-experimental branch of IC2 won't get updated. You'll just either have to feed the geothermals manually or upgrade to the experimental.

• I'm almost certain the non-experimental branch of IC2 won't get updated. You'll just either have to feed the geothermals manually or upgrade to the experimental.

Yeah, for now I've figured out a nicely clean way to automatically feed lava buckets into them (and pull empty buckets back out) using CodeChicken's Translocators. The only problem is that I haven't figured out a way, using any mod yet updated to 1.6.2, to automatically fill the lava buckets from a tank.

(Item translocators are also working nicely to retrieve ingots from induction furnaces, though oddly they don't work to retrieve dusts from a rotary macerator, though they worked with an base IC2 macerator.)

The experimental IC2 release isn't even an option until (a) it's stable and (b) installing it doesn't break half a dozen other mods. I'm already stuck because I can't upgrade Railcraft without updating to experimental IC2, and if I upgrade to experimental IC2, other mods break. (Buildcraft for starters, if memory serves. But I'd have to test again to be sure.)

• BC works perfectly fine with experimental IC2. I'm running pretty much all the common mods next to it and only problem I've seen is that forestry electric engine doesn't work with IC2 updated energy net. RC, BC and other things work just fine.

• I don't use RC turbine as it's so incredibly bad compared to GT alternative but considering it has updated to latest e-net API I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

• 57.0.0:

• Updated to Minecraft 1.6.4.
    • Updated to experimental IC2.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Added a poll about sidedness.

Coming soon: Thermal Washers (which are ore washing plants, not thermal centrifuges), Compacting Recyclers and Vacuum Canners.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Official Post

Coming soon: Thermal Washers (which are ore washing plants, not thermal centrifuges), Compacting Recyclers and Vacuum Canners.

Me want. Now.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• maybe the behavior should be configurable between the two methods. Though I prefer sideless so I don't have to put stuff in the top all the time.

• maybe the behavior should be configurable between the two methods. Though I prefer sideless so I don't have to put stuff in the top all the time.

Configurable everything = "hey i have a great idea, instead of designing a mod, let's make the users design it for us!"
    Except that 99.999999999% of users won't even notice it's a config option. And you still need a default (which that 99.999999999% will use).

Inserting from the top *does* make sense...

Battery snot included.