Ingot Unification

• I am going to ask this here since IC2 ingots are covered by this question also. Hopefully people in this forum are a bit more mature and can read more than these first two sentences before responding (the entire post would be excellent!)

What I am trying to figure out is how to unify all ingots/dust/nuggets across all installed mods. Seems like a simple goal since TE copper = Forestry Copper = IC2 Copper etc. Obviously I could take the easy way out and just use something like the Forge Lexicon (from Omnitools) or the Unifier (from MFR). For the most part the option in GT to unify ingots works. However there are still some that don't most notably, Steel. Simply setting the ID=0 for Steel in Railcraft effectively disables steel production in the RC Blast Furnace (not a bad thing but not the desired effect). This also has the side effect of Steel Ingots not being generated as chest loot in villages/dungeons etc.

What I am looking to do is make all ingots equal and stackable and recognized by all mods as a valid replacement WITHOUT using another mod to change it into something else after the fact. This also applies to steel and iron plates, and metal dust. Is this even possible? If not, why?

I am afraid to change the ID to the same thing in all the mods because it seems like it would cause a conflict with everybody fighting to make their own version of whatever ingot.

• Official Post

+1

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It does work, just switch (ots more than just a switch) my Config to make RC Steel instead of GT Steel.

Never worked for me ;p the other unifications do just not RC's.

• Craft all the metal bars into their block forms, then uncraft the blocks when needed...

You're welcome

(You are on your own for the Steel fix, however)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Well thats what i'm getting at. I don't want to have to do anything. it should just work without having to recraft the ingots or running them through a unifying device. They should spawn as whatever type you want and always be output from machines as said type. There should never be any more than one type of the same ingot in the world at once. For the Steel, i would rather use GT Steel in RC lol. I love the tooltips. Makes me feel like i'm playing a highly technical game.

I am starting to get the impression that it is impossible to do this.

• Well thats what i'm getting at. I don't want to have to do anything...

Auto-Crafting. It's there for a reason..

(even easier with AE, I think)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Auto-Crafting. It's there for a reason..

(even easier with AE, I think)

Yes but you are missing the point. The point is you shouldn't have to do that ever. It should be right the first time without having to transmute them. We all know how to transmute equal ingots ingame with crafting techniques or machines to automate it.