Suggestion: Add crafting of Mining Laser config

• Name:
    Crafting of Mining Laser config

Describtion:
    Just add possibility to disable crafting of Mining Laser in config file of IC2.
    For not private servers importantly to limit griefers.

• That's a good Idea. I remember tons of servers having to disable it using unconvenient ways.
    The same should be applied for the Nuke, if it's not already (which I do not rembmer).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Good idea. Simple, easy and straight to the point. Good

I was once on a server that had to use plugins to remove every crafted mining laser, which didnt stop people from trying to craft them and loosing the resources.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• I have my own server and me too I have to disable the mining laser. I use Essential for that. The laser is still craftable but nobody can use it, the right click doesn't work.
    If an entry in the config file could allow me to disable the mining laser, I'd be really happy. ^^

• change all recipes?

pretty unexpected solution eh?

expect fix in ~3 hours, but what will replace laser in recipes, maybe lapotron or diamond block?

Not sure if this would work, but overriding the original laser and replacing it with a "Internal Laser Component".

• addition of new item is addon plan, not hack, spritework required for this and everyone will be forced to keep this addon "permanently" or already crafted items will dissapear.

basically there are two options: disable laser and disable crafting of laser.

• addition of new item is addon plan, not hack, spritework required for this and everyone will be forced to keep this addon "permanently" or already crafted items will dissapear.

basically there are two options: disable laser and disable crafting of laser.

3 options
    3rd option: disable charging of laser

• actually very good plan and especially easy to implement, here is sample code:

initsection:

Code
    Block.blocksList[Ic2Items.miningLaser.itemID] = null;
    		Item.itemsList	[Ic2Items.miningLaser.itemID] = null;

Ic2Items.miningLaser = new ItemStack(new ItemToolMiningLaserImp(new Property("block",Ic2Items.miningLaser.itemID+"",Type.INTEGER), InternalName.itemToolMiningLaser));

trickconfig to fool ic2e internals:

compile and have fun.

not posting compiled mod since nobody will download and run it anyway.

• Official Post

@above : That code creates a config to disable mining lasers from being charged?
    If so, that seems to be a valid thing which IC² devs should somehow implement (in a different way), providing servers an easier way to block those from being used.

• it wont create any config, it will replace standart laser with item that have different properties, it can create different type of entity (zombie spawner laser btw), its possible to disable specific modes this way and\or alter any parameter, with additional forge handshake hack it's possible to make mod serversided without telling clients anything.

• While on the topic of the Mining Laser and options I would like to see an option to swap buttons on the laser, and maybe add place torch like the drill. The laser to me is a mining tool and not a weapon so swapping buttons makes sense. I'm also using a Bibliocraft armor stand and tool rack rotational charging setup and would like to just throw my laser on the tool rack with right-click like I do with my drill.

EDIT
    Being able to enable/disable laser modes might be another solution. I assume the big ones are long range, scatter and exploding modes.

• I'm thinking about some changes in Mining Laser recipe - like it's crafted from Laser Module and some other components. Then, we replace ML with LM in all crafting recipes, and ML can be safely disabled