Awesome Buildings/Factories

• Well, I think I'll just post some screenshots of my base.
    Outside:

Rubber tree farm:

My solar-powered Macerator and Electric Furnace (Input/output chests are inside):

My input/output chests for the Macerator and for the Electro Furnace and the exit:

My old working area:

My Workbench and clock (made by setting a RedPowerLogic-Sequencer at 300 sec):

My chests:

My room/cave/whatever (The trapdoors lead to my mine):

The wiring for the Electric Furnace and Macerator with a RedPowerLogic-Timer so only one item/block is in the Electric Furnace/Macerator at a time and a RedPowerLogic-Sequencer so it shuts down itself at night because the machines are solar-powered.

My mushroomfarm:

I know my base is not big/very good but everything I have at the moment. The texturepack I'm using is my own.

Thanks for reading!

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• I need a factory design that can fit into this area:

I can never come up with a decent design that is functional, useful, and livable. Can anyone help?

• Using buildcraft and EE I have an automated Geo plant,

The attachments are as follows

The lever can stop the whole operation, the MFSU is there to see power and an extra storage for if the main base MFSU is full. The chest will pump items to the chest for buildcraft auto tables.
    right behind my furnaces. Underneath them is the wiring going to the MFSU.
    an overview of the piping, overflow, and buildcraft table.
    the pipe from the first room that delivers materials.

• I am also Using IC2 EE and Buildcraft so here is my main achievement my COAL FACTORY!
    the system works like this: you start with dirt which when combined with seeds does turn into saplings these are split into two half to make more seeds and the other half to be crafted into wood.
    the wood is then smelted into charcoal utilizing EE's amazing DM furnace (powered by mobius fuel which is easily made) which also duplicates 33% of the charcoal as coal (bug maybe)
    half of this charcoal/coal mix is directed through a refining process the coal is filtered out with the diamond pipes and the charcoal goes into the double chest where it is first converted into redstone and then the redstone is turned into coal XD the coal is then turned into cobblestone which is then turned into dirt
    this system allows you to get 2.66 coal from every cobblestone produced the OTHER half of the coal is then used for whatever I deem it worthy
    in the backround you may glimse my automated 128 sugarcane farm and workbench train the processes it from canes to glowstone to be used in Mobius fuel production.
    follow in next post...

• This is my macerating array which is where you saw the coal going in the last screenshot also shown is the workbenches for processing the coal dust and an auto water bucket refiller. In the far corner you can see the 34 solar array which powers it and the wooden door in the cliffside leads to my main base

Inside my base:

my machine room left side all the secondary processing machines
    my machine room right side 16 macerators

the chest of to be macerated materials
    the chest of finished bars

• I need a factory design that can fit into this area:

I can never come up with a decent design that is functional, useful, and livable. Can anyone help?

Have a machine room and chest room keep it nice and airy maybe with wood and glass for automated practicality use something like my shown automacerator array with the other machines as well, but keep the smelting manual just use 5 or so induction furnaces which are redpowerd ON (its really fun to watch it smelt that fast)
    when you have sufficent materials mine out your entire factory space with autominers (they are really epic now with the OV scanner) and refill the top layers

also I forgot: my (now 26 log) rubber farm XD sort of abusive but anyway in the corner you can see one of my two medium oil sources (neither of which i have bothered to tap yet)

• I am also Using IC2 EE and Buildcraft so here is my main achievement my COAL FACTORY!

hehe nice, I had one like that except for I used cobble stone coming from a generator from build craft quarry and that would be turned to dirt, and so on and so forth, I stopped at wood tho becaused I used a lot of wood and did not feel like chopping down trees. yeah the DM furnace thats a bug AFAIK, so how that we had the I-furnace with IC^2ed I dont use the DM furnace anymore. Also I now have a cobblestone generator using better blocks "bridge" block. At a size of 13 long, 8 high and 7 wide I produce about 50 cobble every 1.8 seconds, Pipe that into a alc chest with a GoED and bam diamonds galore. Just gotta keep it away from my main base a bit (20 blocks) so I don't get any lag from the sounds.

Edit: nice rubber tree farm, is there a benefit to cutting them down to one log? I have an underground rubber tree farm and I only took off the leaves and left the whole log part.
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/0f6f5

Anyone know why my images show us the URL instead of the image like below.

• Have a machine room and chest room keep it nice and airy maybe with wood and glass for automated practicality use something like my shown automacerator array with the other machines as well, but keep the smelting manual just use 5 or so induction furnaces which are redpowerd ON (its really fun to watch it smelt that fast)
    when you have sufficent materials mine out your entire factory space with autominers (they are really epic now with the OV scanner) and refill the top layers

also I forgot: my (now 26 log) rubber farm XD sort of abusive but anyway in the corner you can see one of my two medium oil sources (neither of which i have bothered to tap yet)

Thanks. I've now got a few ideas, I'll put it down on graph paper when I get the chance (it's my preferred method to plan out buildings)

• you might not see it but all of the logs are rubber source logs (try to guess how i got them all there :P) the benefit is that it is more compact and faster to harvest the rubber I will be trying to make a second level so that I can get a massive ~100 sticky per harvest
    i personally try to use as few mods as total awesomeness will allow

• you might not see it but all of the logs are rubber source logs (try to guess how i got them all there :P) the benefit is that it is more compact and faster to harvest the rubber I will be trying to make a second level so that I can get a massive ~100 sticky per harvest
    i personally try to use as few mods as total awesomeness will allow

If you did it legally, I'd say you replanted trees until the bottom log of all had a hole. Thus you could create a second layer with a gap (dirt used for planting the second layer). Illegaly, not sure if MCedit removes the holes or not...

• Pistons? :P

thats a great idea, now I am gonna use Fourfires source log idea and move them around with pistons and get it all set up that way... gonna have to mine a shaft upwards so I can plant more and piston down the source. and the mod with the big green blocks, thats just a lighting mod (redpower is soooo awesome) I could have just put a torch down and it would have worked as well. As for the grass that it has to be planted on I remember the days I stair stepped grass down into a cave for an animal farm (which notch fixed and can no longer be done) so I could have done it that way... but I have EE so woot.

• thats a great idea, now I am gonna use Fourfires source log idea and move them around with pistons and get it all set up that way... gonna have to mine a shaft upwards so I can plant more and piston down the source. and the mod with the big green blocks, thats just a lighting mod (redpower is soooo awesome) I could have just put a torch down and it would have worked as well. As for the grass that it has to be planted on I remember the days I stair stepped grass down into a cave for an animal farm (which notch fixed and can no longer be done) so I could have done it that way... but I have EE so woot.

do pistons not remove holes? sweet.

• Well done !
    yes sticky pistons are awesome!
    no Mcedit in my world
    I was surprised that they didnt remove the holes too but anyhow XD