Awesome Buildings/Factories

• First up my nuclear lava factory. Using nuclear heat to generate lava for 3 pumps. I could expand this very easily but geothermal is just an auxiliary power source for me. So I don't need a lot. If this exploit gets fixed in the next release I already have the shielding in place to covert it to a real nuclear generator.

This is above the nuclear lava factory. The first room is for the lava and pumps. The second room is the BC side to refill the pump with empty cells and send the full cells off to the base.

Next up is just a picture of my front door. The pipe is coming from the lava cell factory and deposits in a chest out side my base. Surrounding the entrance to the base is a lava mote that keeps out most monsters. With the switch i can put the trap doors down to make the lava safe. The cactus is there to help kill the spiders.

Alright here is the real factory. My workshop factory. I always hate having to put stuff away and then having to run stuff from the macerators to the furnace to the chests. So here is my solution. The goal was to just dump everything in one chest and then let BC sort it all out and IC2 do all the rest. So now I no longer have to go from machine to chest to machine to chest. I can just stay in my main hall grab the thing I need from the chest do my project and then just dump everything back into the automatic sorter and be on my way. Or I can come back from mining dump everything into the chest recharge my items and then go back down and mine while the factory does its work.

The first picture was taken from the entrance door. Along the wall are my main storage chests. Underneath those are my manual use machinery. The door on the back wall is to my mine. Note the three switches in the back. The one on the left wall turns on the sorting machine. The one on the floor turns on the scrap to matter machine. The one on the right turns on the IC2 factory.

The second picture is taken from the door to the mine. Not a lot happening on this side of the wall. By the entrance are 2 chests that are for metals, charcoal, and coal dust. Next to the door are MSFUs for charging equipment. The rest of the floor is lined with chests (many of which are not used yet) and crafting tables so that there is always one close by.

The third picture is a close up of the mine door. OK it is really not meant to focus on that, it is meant to show the signs on each side of the wall in the back. Putting stuff in the left chest will automatically sort items, whether it is and inventory full from mining or doing a project. The right chest is to turn stuff into specific items. Iron and gold are always processed directly into ingots and put into the metal chest by the entrance door. Tin and Copper are just processed into dust and put in the metal chest by the entrance door. To get everything else you have to manually put it into this chest by the mining door. So for instance if you want refined iron you have to put in an iron ingot, if you want copper you put in copper dust, if you want bronze you put in bronze dust, if you want glass or stone you put in sand or cobblestone, etc. It will also turn things like a gold ingot back into gold dust.

In this picture is left side of the workshop, the sorting room. Items are drawn from the chest and then sorted into their right chests. All metal ores are automatically piped to the IC2 workshop (you may have already seen the pipe over the mine door in the first workshop picture).

Below are a couple of pictures of the right side, the IC2 factory. The first one shows the initial sorting and the primary macerators, these turn the metal ores into dust. The second picture was taken from the auxiliary station from underneath a few induction furnaces and a macerator. These are for the glass, stone, bronze, charcoal, coal dust, etc. In the mid ground of the picture are the fronts of the primary macerator and someone where in that mess is the primary induction furnace that makes the initial iron and gold ingots. The hard part was getting all of this mess to be operated by just one switch in the main hallway (no redstone mod here.) On the right most you can see the stairs leading down to the basement.

The last picture is the basement. Here is where the matter factory is found. It takes items that are sorted into the scrap chest (like cobblestone, dirt, and sand) and turns them into matter as long as the middle switch in the main hall is on. If the middle switch is off the engines are off and the power is shut off. While power is on though, the matter is piped back up to the matter chest in the main hall. Also in the basement (not shown) are the auxiliary geothermal and plain generators that are currently only manually fed. Maybe eventually I will make those to be automatically fed. But for now my main source is solar panels on the roof. So I m not in a big hurry to do that.

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• @ Above Very nice indeed!
    I would have done something similar but It seems way too complicated for me XD
    anyhow here is a A link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…equivalent-exchange-v355/
    to the mod which allows you to convert cobble into coal, gives you 9x13 sized chests, allows you to turn the rain on and off and many other awesome things at a high energy cost.
    I have had an idea about an automated uranium production facility to be used once you have loads of spare resources
    using atleast 4 nuclear reactors, a mass generator and a stack worth of recyclers, and 2 stacks worth of solarpanels it would run off of cobblestone XD

• @ Above Very nice indeed!
    I would have done something similar but It seems way too complicated for me XD
    anyhow here is a A link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…equivalent-exchange-v355/
    to the mod which allows you to convert cobble into coal, gives you 9x13 sized chests, allows you to turn the rain on and off and many other awesome things at a high energy cost.
    I have had an idea about an automated uranium production facility to be used once you have loads of spare resources
    using atleast 4 nuclear reactors, a mass generator and a stack worth of recyclers, and 2 stacks worth of solarpanels it would run off of cobblestone XD

Thanks. It is a bit complicated but that is only because I made it compact. If you use more area it would have been much easier.

Yes I know about EE and I would love to have those super large chests but I don't want to be reliant on to many mods. For now I think I ll just stick with IC2 and BC with a couple minor mods such as timber and recipe book that I will not be crushed if they are longer compatible with IC2 and BC.

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• Official Post

I made an underground geothermal station using Equivalent Exchange, Buildcraft, and of course, IC. Simply put some redstone and Tin into a chest, and its automatically converted using BC pipes and auto-crafting tables into Lava Fuel cells. Those are then (EVENLY!) distributed to my geothermal generators. I'm pretty proud of this setup (and its easily expanded for more geothermals).

I show how its built and works in episode 27 of my Lets Play series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUNVsaSZ1…be_gdata_player -- Skip to the last 5 minutes or so if you want to see the final product.

FYI -- Someone was talking about the DM furnace, and it duplicating 33% of items -- thats an intended effect in EE.

If I *REALLY* wanted to take it to the next level, I could put some glowstone aggregators down there, and use EE recipes to convert Glowstone -> Glowstone Dust -> Redstone, and then pipe that into the system :).

• Yeah that was me I knew about the 33% feature but I found that charcoal was duplicated as coal and that was the bug

• i never really liked the idea of digging giant holes in my world, so i've been working on several factories. i started with a quarry cobblestone generator to industrial diamond using BC, EE and IC2. however, with 6 quarries and the shenanigans that are attached to them kinda slowed my comp.

so i started working on this, a glowstone to more glowstone factory. essentially for every 4 glowstones you put in you get 6 glowstones out. not really great return minus the macerator and furnace power consumption, but hey it looks kinda nice. i'll probably go back to my glowstone aggregators to industrial diamond design.

first turn the glowstone dust into glowstone blocks. then using EE turn glowstone blocks into iron ores

using redpower logics separate the iron ores into 9 macerators. even with 9 of then it still gets overflow when the glowstone blocks autocrafting bench goes into full power.

dusts into furnaces. i used electric in this one cause induction kept messing up. and finally the iron bars get turned back into glowstone dusts and sent back to the beginning. i was going to turn some glowstone dusts into redstone and use EE to make some lava cells for the geothermal generators.

but yea, this is my little half built factory. cheers.

• It seems we had exactly the same idea ! I'm building mine, but it's not finished because I plan to extend it with a lava cells factory powered by glowstone blocks (some converted to redstone, and some to tin to make empty cells), so the factory produces electricity for itself, so its fully autonomous. The overflow of glowstone dust (will happen at some time with this type of generator) will be redirected to chests in my storage room.

I'll post pictures when it's finished...

• I did something similar only with gold ore, DM furnace and semi automated but it just felt stupid to keep recycling the same stuff and get free stuff out of it so now I just macerate and DM furnace the stuff I mine with autominers and my huge quarries

• I did something similar only with gold ore, DM furnace and semi automated but it just felt stupid to keep recycling the same stuff and get free stuff out of it so now I just macerate and DM furnace the stuff I mine with autominers and my huge quarries

well recycling stuff to get more stuff is kinda the point of IC2 and EE. IC2 has the recycler to get a chance at better stuff or use a generator to power a mass fabricator which in turns make uu's to make fuel for the generator. and EE has aggregators to turn lower stuff into higher stuff which then can be transmuted into more lower stuff to feed into the aggregators for more higher stuff. and BC makes these processes not a pain.

good idea on the DM furnace. though at 144 diamonds a pop, it's quite steep. it would greatly increase my output. plus can i rig a mobius fuel factory to the whole thing.

• There is a bridge mod that also integrates IC2 into the recipes:
    http://adf.ly/2hdpA
    Just drop it into your mods folder, runs from there.
    It also disables the chance of +33% on dusts, so you don't get unlimited gold and thus diamonds, but you can still do Diamond Ore -> Gold Ore -> 2xGold Dust -> Diamond, so you get the double yield.
    I am running a huge buildcraft-quarry (it crashed the game while creating^^) and so far I have everything I want, except the Dark Matter Locus, still trying to get enough diamonds, but first I need another oil source, the last one ran out :(

• Official Post

There is a bridge mod that also integrates IC2 into the recipes:
    It also disables the chance of +33% on dusts, so you don't get unlimited gold and thus diamonds, but you can still do Diamond Ore -> Gold Ore -> 2xGold Dust -> Diamond, so you get the double yield.
    I am running a huge buildcraft-quarry (it crashed the game while creating^^) and so far I have everything I want, except the Dark Matter Locus, still trying to get enough diamonds, but first I need another oil source, the last one ran out :(

hopefully youll be luckier than me, that entire area has no oil i havent found a single source yet im pretty irritated

• There is a bridge mod that also integrates IC2 into the recipes:

you dont need oil
    I have two huge quarries running and i run them off of 6 steam engines which are fueled by this EE Chain:
    dirt which is mined is filtered into a chest > a autobench does the 2x seeds + 4x dirt = 4x saplings recipe > split saplings > half of saplings are converted back into seeds and fed into the first chest. The other half of the saplings is converted into logs > logs = 4 planks feed planks via an alch chest into your automated engine feedign system with overflow return into the planks chest.
    I use this to fuel my quarries and its self sufficient so long as you top up the first chest with spare dirt every so often

I have found two medium oil sources on my map so far and have not tapped either yet, I think ill wait untill the BC 2.2.0 update comes out before i do that so that I can refine it and multiply it

@ Above what is that huge hole doing on your map? did you make it?

• hopefully youll be luckier than me, that entire area has no oil i havent found a single source yet im pretty irritated

Um how did you get a picture of your map?

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

• here is my base (without TMI usage)

-cactus farm (448 cactus, feeding a recycler with an almost non-stop flow of cactus).

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3466/20110922233630.png
    http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/283/20110922234235.png

-cobblestone fontain, i didn't find an efficient way to make it works automaticly :/ with some lasers mining i need 3-4 minutes to fill an little chest and then 4 recyclers turn them into scrap in 20 minutes.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5535/20110922232053.png

-128 eu solar farm, i need a new power grid with msfu now, i'm working on it ^^

• wouldn't it be more efficient to use the btw block dispensor to obtain the cobblestone blocks.