Re-use of cells, that were once filled

• So, we all know that filling Cells with stuffs, usually means that the cells are ''consumed'' or ''wasted'' when they are used. This means that a constant supply of tin is needed. The reason behind this, is because the stuff can't all be extracted from the cell, and it is permanently tainted, so it must be discarded.
    I have an idea of a way to make the cells re-use-able, without being too OP: A new machine, a specialized Extractor, would be able to extract the tiny bits of leftovers from the cells, allowing them to be re-used. However, it would have an operation time near that of a macerator or longer, to be more balanced. It could even produce miniscule amounts of Scrap, as a byproduct, but not nearly as much as the Recycler - maybe one out of every 75 or 100 operations, it would produce one scrap.
    So, wherever a Cell is used in a machine, for example, filling fuel cans with biofuel, the cell would be returned as a ''dirty'' cell or ''unclean'' cell. It can be put into the machine, to be cleansed and re-used. However, it would be a pretty complicated machine, probably requiring some more expensive materials, to be able to properly clean cells.
    Would this be good for an addition, or is it too OP? Does anything need to be different in any way, to balance it more?

• Official Post

GUess what, allreadydnied dozens of times before. The celss are consumed For Science!
    If you want them back, buy some Aperture Science Sentry Turrets.

Or use GregTech Intergalactical, all its machines have enough tech to fully recycle them.

• GUess what, allreadydnied dozens of times before. The celss are consumed For Science!
    If you want them back, buy some Aperture Science Sentry Turrets.

It would be a relatively advanced machine, of course, because generating an atomic-size-filtering force-field and moving a Tin Cell through it, with it set to only allow Tin atoms to pass through it, is difficult (all foreign atoms hit the field like it is a solid wall, and simply do not pass through it). Maybe a few diamonds would be required, for holding the corners of the field ''intact''. And generating/maintaining such a field, even for a few seconds, requires lots of power.

Or use GregTech Intergalactical, all its machines have enough tech to fully recycle them.

I do use GregTech Intergalactical. Just suggesting something for the future of IC2.

• Official Post

I do use GregTech Intergalactical. Just suggesting something for the future of IC2.

The future of IC² is a bit darky in my opinion, unless alblaka comes back to the modding community or GregoriusT takes over IC³.

• Official Post

GregoriusT takes over IC³.

Can't really see that happening without IC getting abandoned by most packs for being too hard :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Provided that Greg would maintain his current direction with config files & so on, I can't see modpacks abandoning IC2. Even if the users complain due to not knowing how to edit a config file. Or just plain and simple not knowing what a config file is... But I digress.

:Nuke TNT: = Answer to all problems. Including that creeper camping right outside the door of your glass house.

• The future of IC² is a bit darky in my opinion, unless alblaka comes back to the modding community or GregoriusT takes over IC³.

I remember when I was interested in a game called Minetest. It has its own modding API built in, and it was in v0.4.3 last time I looked. There is almost no content in-game, most stuff has to be added via mods. Mods were written in LUA. Although I wrote a few mods, they weren't anything big like IC/IC2, so I gave up, and drifted off to some other community. Nobody really missed me anyways. Most didn't even notice.
    However here, Alblaka is needed by the community, although he got caught-up in some game somewhere. If I were to have that popularity when I was using Minetest, I would have never given up. I would probably not even be here, on these forumns. (the point is, the community needs Alblaka, due to how popular the IC2 is.)
    So, I suggest that someone try to venture into that realm, and find Alblaka, and tell him of the major issues that the community is encountering. I won't do it, for personal reasons, but someone here who would be willing/able to do so, should atleast try.
    Depending on content though, we may need an entire team, to sift through the everything and find Alblaka.

Can't really see that happening without IC getting abandoned by most packs for being too hard :P

Not true. Greg is thinking of working on an earlt Tier-0 way of Industry, involving Bronze machines that run off of Steam, produces by early Bronze-based steam generators, including a Nuclear generator of some kind, that uses small amounts of fuel to output steam. If I am not mistaken, the Bronze Grinding Machines may also have different grinding-heads that can be put in a slot in the machine, allowing them to grind items differently. (ex. Iron grinder grinds some stuff, but not Diamond, while a Diamond Grinder grinds anything)
    Besides, nothing is supposed to be cheap when using ''savage'' methods of processing stuffs - there is always high inefficiency. Industry is destined to be more Efficient, and Gregtech shows us this - with the right Industrial machines, we can get even more from our raw resources. (Sawmill & Grinder)

• Official Post

The changes from IC2 to IC3 would be huge, so people without Gregtech wouldn't be used to everything being balanced :P

Also, as much as I want to go to Germany, it's a very big country to look for a dragon :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Also, as much as I want to go to Germany, it's a very big country to look for a dragon :D

Expecially when it is a Virtual Dragon, like the ender one.
    If it were a real one, you would certainly know its location from anywhere in the world. ^^

• Official Post

Expecially when it is a Virtual Dragon, like the ender one.
    If it were a real one, you would certainly know its location from anywhere in the world. ^^

• Official Post

No wonder IC 2 had been abandoned. It was alcohol's fault! ;(

I see this too much.

• The changes from IC2 to IC3 would be huge, so people without Gregtech wouldn't be used to everything being balanced :P

Not to Germany, but into the virtual universe that Alblaka is somehow imprisoned in. I think it's called ''smite'', or something. If anyone here is willing to go, be sure to take your chainsaw and a few lappacks. And don't forget to recharge your QuantumSuit.

• Official Post

Not to Germany, but into the virtual universe that Alblaka is somehow imprisoned in. I think it's called ''smite'', or something. If anyone here is willing to go, be sure to take your chainsaw and a few lappacks. And don't forget to recharge your QuantumSuit.

Smite's an enchant. Quantumsuits are disabled with Gregtech, that leaves a few people left (including me :)) and what's wrong with a nano sabre?

I see this too much.

• SMITE is a Computer Game. I think it's some kind of Online RPG, if I am not wrong.

It is some game, made by money-farmers. Not even a good community, overrun with noobs, and highly controversial to the ideals of the masses. Nukes would be a fitting tool for the task, one should be sure to take a stack or two.