Obscurator?

• i've seen in the creative inventory a item named "Obscurator" that i could't find on the wiki.

What can it do?
    What is the recipe for that item?

• The Obscurator is used to right-click any vanilla block, to copy its texture and to right-click to ''paste'' it onto hardened CF. For example, your base is made of stone-brix, and your CF-covered cables in the wall look ugly, so you paste the stonebrix texture onto the CF, to make it match the wall.

Recipe:

:Bronze Dust::Energy Crystal::Bronze Dust:
    :Gold Dust::Advanced Circuit::Gold Dust:
    :Bronze Dust::Bronze Dust::Bronze Dust:

:Bronze Dust: = Redstone dust
    :Gold Dust: = gold cable, 2x ins.
    Everything else = what it looks like

Can store 10000 EU.

• Wait this was added back in? The one thing I missed from back in IC1!

... guess I should watch the beta releases...

• Official Post

Wait this was added back in? The one thing I missed from back in IC1!

I textured it :3
    Its different to the wire one since it works on CF foam not wires, and unfortuantly needs a a solid block texture :( So i can't steal random Glass and Solar panel textures :p
    BTW< if you are using it, make sure to wear a lappack or above, it consumes a Metric Fuckton of EU.

• Its different to the wire one since it works on CF foam not wires, and unfortuantly needs a a solid block texture :( So i can't steal random Glass and Solar panel textures :p
    BTW< if you are using it, make sure to wear a lappack or above, it consumes a Metric Fuckton of EU.

Yeah, the EU consumption is quite unreasonable. But despite that, it is my most favorite new tool so far in IC2 atm. Plus, with ejector upgrades added to my factory, early game is now alot more smoother than before :D

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

The Obscurator should need some kind of Printing Vial or Toner to work, instead/in addition of costing Electricity.

Laser heat printing

• Official Post

How about this: Laser Etching device, right click on a block and it gives a transparent coating, you can then use spray paint to right click on each pixel to colour it, right clicking with red on blue would slowly make it purple then red ect. a nice painting device ;p Then you could add paint remover which can work on CF foam to remove the Obscurated stuff aswell :D

• How about this: Laser Etching device, right click on a block and it gives a transparent coating, you can then use spray paint to right click on each pixel to colour it, right clicking with red on blue would slowly make it purple then red ect. a nice painting device ;p Then you could add paint remover which can work on CF foam to remove the Obscurated stuff aswell :D

Woah this Idea is AWESOME! This way we could make ACTUAL paintings in the walls.

• only 4 dyes required for full range of colors - "CMYK"

4 dyes + tin cell == CMYK toner, that can be used to paint any block\sheep\armor\whatever into ANY color, i developing similar mod\addon, currently stuck on UI extension to allow player select color he want without shifting.

• Wait this was added back in? The one thing I missed from back in IC1!

IC1 had stuff like electric minecarts, obfuscators, non-advanced alloy... A simpler time, when MF remained un R-ed, Advanced Redstone was still a thing, and Eloraam still made Spore videos. When allocaters (allocaters? was ist allocator?) were still a thing, people still used obby pipes, and EE was OP. Buggy as crap though.

• Quoted from "BillJoehobo"

Wait this was added back in? The one thing I missed from back in IC1!

IC1 had stuff like electric minecarts, obfuscators, non-advanced alloy... A simpler time, when MF remained un R-ed, Advanced Redstone was still a thing, and Eloraam still made Spore videos. When allocaters (allocaters? was ist allocator?) were still a thing, people still used obby pipes, and EE was OP. Buggy as crap though.

Don't necropost.