[Addon v2.0_experimental for MC 1.6.2] LevelStorage v1.2

• Can someone please tell me which downloads are for which? I can't tell and I would really like to download the 1.5.2 version if there is one for this addon cuz it looks pretty cool and I want to try it.

Unfortunately, there is no 1.5.2 download. I developed it for 1.6.2 initially.

EDIT: I think I'm ready to release 0.9.5 version of the mod.
    New stuff? Yep, a ton of it.
    1. Wireless Chargers
    2. Electric Sickles
    3. Energetic Infused Matter Orbs
    4. Mass Infusers
    5. Quantum Saber
    6. Superconductors
    Various miscellaneous tweaks:
    1. Fixed advanced scanners.
    2. Fixed tesla helmet
    3. Nerfed ability for the forcefield chestplate to lift entities.
    4. Drill now has two modes: 3x3x1 (width x height x depth) and normal. Modes are changed by Mode Switch Key + Right click
    5. Added 3x3x1 mode for drill (makes drilling long tunnels really, really fast. You will find a whole ton of diamonds now. I went caving for 15 minutes and found 31 diamonds. It's even faster than laser!)
    6. Fixed a bug when you were able to take off levitation boots and still able to fly (once again)

• Official Post

Suggestion : Make quantum-nano technology ring which "miniaturizes" the effects from armor and hold all of them in only one item.
    That would be the Quantum Ring, allows you to fly (gravitational fields), defend yourself (forcefield and tesla), sprint faster (by creating gravitational fields [again] towards a direction).
    Its recipe would be the whole special armor set + some end-game stuff. That is intended for people who wants to use other kinds of armor and still have the special effects the armor gives.

Want me to make a "GregTech" set of recipes (intended for use with GT items and fit its tech tree) for balance decisions?

• Suggestion : Make quantum-nano technology ring which "miniaturizes" the effects from armor and hold all of them in only one item.
    That would be the Quantum Ring, allows you to fly (gravitational fields), defend yourself (forcefield and tesla), sprint faster (by creating gravitational fields [again] towards a direction).
    Its recipe would be the whole special armor set + some end-game stuff. That is intended for people who wants to use other kinds of armor and still have the special effects the armor gives.

Want me to make a "GregTech" set of recipes (intended for use with GT items and fit its tech tree) for balance decisions?

GregTech recipes? YES, PLEASE!

Quantum ring? Maybe i will. Possibly. I don't say probably, i say possibly.

• As soon i manage to get a working IC² , GT , NEI and "MakTech" i will get it working.

Do you have any problems?
    If so, contact me, I'll help you (i have no problems running all three mods)
    And no, it's not "MakTech", it's "LevelStorage". I consider naming a project after its after very egoistic. (and what Greg did is on his conscience). I'm not one from those.

In other news, I am releasing v0.9.5 now. Oh, now I have to add description for all the items again.

• Official Post

And no, it's not "MakTech", it's "LevelStorage".

I know it is levelstorage. I named it "MakTech" as it ressembles a bit GT on its old days.

Edit : Currently i'm at the university, so i'm not going to mess much with MC.

• In drill, you must separate function "treecapitator ore" with 3x3x1 mining , because when i need mining tunnel i have problem when i must mining ore, maybe add function treecapiator ore for right click or add for ability "M mode" and armors no have textures and super conductor and mass infuser and when i go place mass infuser , minecraft crash me , but this is undersand stable ic2 for minecraft no publish at the moment , electric sickles is epic :D

• Official Post

After some random testing :
    Client> 2013-08-14 23:36:35 [WARNING] [IC2] API ERROR: ic2.core.EnergyNet$Tile@5b144640 (0:344,67,-60) didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted (8192) although demandsEnergy() requested 8192. This is probably because your wireless box accepts up to EV (2048), and does not blow when inputting IV (8192 , from GT) .

As you already know, armor doesnt render, nor forcefields and particles (from wireless thingies). Tesla ray does render , but not that much.
    Q : Why forcefield chestplate kills mobs, instead of just pushing them away? That killing job is for teh helmet.

Energy from stuff gets drained only from chestplate and when that energy runs out, the chestplate LOSES its abilities (and armor). You probably tried to do something similar to MPS, but failed =\

Wireless chargers are not working properly (?)
    They don't charge equipped armor.
    They only charge items on your hotbar, and if you don't have an electric chestplate equipped, it will end quickly using all its internal storage.
    If you use an electric chestplate and a wireless charger, it will slowly consume the electric chestplate energy and waste energy. This means the wireless block station is requesting ALL energy it can, while charging nothing.

Rework suggestion : Wireless block storage station. It STORES energy into it, and will use that energy to wirelessly charge stuff. That way you can "store" some energy to charge your wireless crap and avoid enet glitches. Wireless chargers will consume the wireless block storage energy to recharge itself.

GT Recipes :
    I was a bit lazy to make the grids and such, hope you can understand it.

• maybe delete force kill area in chest, this is very op and isnt fun , for kill better is quantum saber or rays in helmet (but old grapic style is better fancy and work accurate)

• 1. "demandsEnergy() is not impemented properly" just ignore that. I had to remove proper implementation for Wireless Charger to work. It doesn't do any harm, except for printing that kind of stuff into console.
    2. "Armor doesn't render" Yes, known issue.
    FORGE: WHY DO YOU REQUEST "String" IN getArmorTexture() INSTEAD OF "ResourceLocation"? WHYYYYYYY? THAT WOULD FRIGGIN MAKE EVERYTHING SO MUCH EASIER!
    I don't know what to do with that. Like I said earlier, it works fine in dev environment, but when it comes to real game environment, it screws everything up.
    3. "All armors (boots, leggings, helmet) draws energy from chestplate". Yes, I use ElectricItem.manager.use() (standart IC2 api for this kind of thing), but because of chestplate being lappack, they draw it from chestplate. I think I should try ElectricItem.manager.discharge() instead.
    4. Thanks for recipes, I'll get them into the mod, except the recipe for the Electric Sickle. I thought of it as a really cool start-game method for collecting a good amount of seeds and farming rubber trees. Making it require still will immediately make it a mid-game item. So, I'll keep refined iron there, or maybe Refined Iron Plates from GT.

Q : Why forcefield chestplate kills mobs, instead of just pushing them away? That killing job is for teh helmet.
    A: Mainly because it's a forcefield chestplate, i think tesla helmet should emit tesla rays, but chestplate will kill mobs if they get too close.
    I'll add config for that, don't worry.

Q. Why does wireless charger waste energy?
    A. Balance-point. It only wastes 5% of energy you send throught it, so not a big deal.

Also, SpwnX, 0 energy loss FTW!:

I have absolutely no transformers there BTW.

I think I found a way to solve my thread-space problem. I'll just create posts here and reserve them.
    The next version will likely feature an electric version of Frames. I won't decompile RedPower for it, I will just take the principe and implement it. Wish me luck.

• Second part of the thread [description]:

• Official Post

Q. Why does wireless charger waste energy?
    A. Balance-point. It only wastes 5% of energy you send throught it, so not a big deal.

You got it wrong. It wastes ALL energy input, if you don't have any item to charge. It is eating energy for nothing.
    Wireless chargers are broken, just that. They don't even charge equipped armor.

The sickle fits the GT tech tree, as all electric tools requires steel plates.
    The recipes are designed to fit (a bit) GT tech tree, not only yours =P
    Not to mention those recipes are not even expensive in the GT tech tree. It should be more, but i was too lazy to add "sub items" to increase the expense (and complexity).

Your superconductors and energy infused matter whateverthing should be disabled when GT is detected, as it is redundant (and a cheap version of it).
    Or you can copy the superconductorwire recipe from GT and make them interchangeable via oredictionary.

• Wireless Chargers:
    I've played for two hours and couldn't find bug you specified. It DOES work on armor and DOESN'T waste energy.
    Could you make a video as a demonstration?
    Reduntant? No.
    There're a few reasons.
    1. It renders very well. GT superconductors are ugly, they occupy the whole block.
    2. It was made just for in-world placement, you can disable its OreDict-compatiblity with GT in the config.

• Official Post

Wireless Chargers:
    I've played for two hours and couldn't find bug you specified. It DOES work on armor and DOESN'T waste energy.
    Could you make a video as a demonstration?

Then it is either latest IC-lf or latest GT to blame.
    Also i cant make videos because i'm new to screen/audio recorders.

• Yup! ;)
    The way it works is on each onUpdate() call (it's called every tick when item is inside your inventory), it will force world to tick 15 times. So, you get 16x speed when the item is activated. It uses 5000 EU/t though (it's a ton of energy, 100 000 EU per second, 1 million EU per 10 seconds...)

• Official Post

Just like EE2's, just better

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.