[Addon v2.0_experimental for MC 1.6.2] LevelStorage v1.2

• Some other mod is messing with localizations of other mods.

ok after I delete the LS mod,everything goes right,so I think that the LS mod cause the bug(i just fix it by re-setup it :P )

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

Edited once, last by SSC ().

• Finally. I think I've just managed to significantly improve the IV performance. Not only that only parsing is now faster, 10 mass melters in one row no longer kill your FPS ;)
    BTW, that wonderful method is caching. The new method will be worse memory-wise, but will be TONS better performance-wise.

EDIT:
    New method is 26 times better the old one ;)
    I'll upload the new version, lemme know if it's better with a lot of mods than the older one.

EDIT 2:
    On vanilla + 15 mods:

Code
    2013-11-15 18:48:21 [INFO] [LevelStorage] Clearing IV cache, 148 ItemStack, 27 OreDict
    2013-11-15 18:48:22 [INFO] [LevelStorage] Clearing IV cache, 298 ItemStack, 47 OreDict
    2013-11-15 18:48:22 [INFO] [LevelStorage] Clearing IV cache, 1 ItemStack, 0 OreDict
    2013-11-15 18:48:22 [INFO] [LevelStorage] Total recipes iterated: 2301
    2013-11-15 18:48:22 [INFO] [LevelStorage] Total time consumed: 2830
    2013-11-15 18:48:22 [INFO] [LevelStorage] Average ms per recipe: 1
    2013-11-15 18:48:22 [INFO] [LevelStorage] IVRecipeParser took 3090ms.

EDIT 3:
    New version is up. Merely bugfixes and some performance enhancements.

EDIT 4:
    And oh, once again I forgot to change DEBUG variable to false... Sorry for the spam in the console.

• So, I think LS is pretty much ready for final release. I implemented EVERYTHING I wanted :P
    Need to fix some bugs (superconductors rendering and such..) and...
    SeNtiMeL suggested one thing: make rock desintegrators more like Igneous Extruders. He suggested that to Player before, but he refused. Not a big deal though, that's what addons are for, right? So yeah, wait for a bunch of changes there :P
    Briefly, things that are going to be changed (rock desintegrators):
    1. Tanks. For water and lava that is.
    2. MOAR POWA USAGE!
    3. And... EVEN MOAR POWA USAGE!
    4. You guessed it, MUCH MORE POWA USAGE!
    5. Cobblestone will no longer be free. Mby like 1 mB of both lava and water would be good.
    6. Smoothstone costs 1 mB of lava and 1000 mB of water.
    7. Obsidian costs 750 mB of lava and 500 mB of water.
    ... more to come

• Official Post

5. Cobblestone will no longer be free. Mby like 1 mB of both lava and water would be good.

It should use water, but not lava, as I could make a normal vanilla one for no use of either.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It should use water, but not lava, as I could make a normal vanilla one for no use of either.

Not to mention there being two other mods right now that can give you cobble for free. One being Thermal Expansion (3.0b1) the other being Extra Utilities.

• It should use water, but not lava, as I could make a normal vanilla one for no use of either.

Hm, how much water should it cost then?
    Thinking like 2-5 mB should be good.

I managed to build a 10-IV-per-tick factory, which consumes 5000 EU/t.
    That's about 800 ticks (=40 seconds) per diamond. Not as overpowered as EE2 generators (darkroom, blazerod-maceration), and uses a lot of energy too. I, personally think it's pretty balanced.

• Official Post

4M EU for one diamond, are you kidding me ?

Quit complaining. It's fine. ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I gave up on trying to make this this EE system balanced. It is impossible :P

The whole idea of anything EE is impossible to balance for every situation. Giving up and accepting it is basically why EE lasted so long

I see this too much.

• I will. I gave up on trying to make this this EE system balanced. It is impossible :P
    Just a related note, add a config to disable all IV related machinery.

All energy values & IV values are toggleable in config. Admins can make it equal to something like 500000 EU/t and that's it.