Future of IC2 ???

• I will probably get flamed for this, but is IC2 even necessary any more? Without GregTech to make things interesting, it has been the same mod for over 2 years now. What is the direction of IC2? Other than Beta releases, there has been no official release for 9 months. No new additions, some MIA devs. I see some progress is being made on 1.118, but that is just a port to get it going in 1.6.2.. Maybe it is time to hand over the reigns and get some fresh ideas? Don't get me wrong, IC2 will always have a place in my MC history as one of my favorite mods. It is quickly falling out of favor though with myself as well as many fans, hence the reason for this post. What is IC2 now?

Flame away...

• Official Post

My opinion : Greg is helping IC because GT currently is dependant from IC and if IC development stops/slows down, GT development gets hindered.

Latest from IC experimental : we are getting laser api, so does it mean we are getting special lasers anytime soon? [for GT]

• Official Post

I think he was referring to north korea, specifically the fact that is is currently run under the principles of communism

Please don't call that "Communism", because as of now, NOT A SINGLE NATION did ever real Communism. People call it communism, but it is still Kapitalism or just plain Diktatorship, what these "Communistic" Nations did.

My opinion : Greg is helping IC because GT currently is dependant from IC and if IC development stops/slows down, GT development gets hindered.

Actually GT development gets hindered by all those experiments in the experimental Builds. The Enet gets a full rework, and causes many Problems with my Stuff. All the time when IC² changed I had to adjust to these changes. It gets more and more complicated to keep the old Stuff and the new Stuff compatible. 2 different IC² Versions are a Problem, and if I wouldn't work on it too, then I would never recommend trying that new Stuff out until it gets more stable.

Latest from IC experimental : we are getting laser api, so does it mean we are getting special lasers anytime soon? [for GT]

That was to make special Laser reflecting Covers.

• Not to mention that, as always, he speak english like I speak latin or german, aka with a few words being correct in each sentence. Seriously, how can one say to people "learn modding and you're done" when he apparently didn't learn english ? I don't wanna become offending, but RawCode is a bit rude, even though he is often true ... There is a joke to be done ... RawCode is rough ;p

Edit: Wait, Lasers ? As a way to transmit energy, redstone signals or to hit/burn/break mobs/blocks ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Ok lol. And the point of covers interracting with Lasers ? ^^

If i didn't get it wrong, those covers will reflect laser beams. That is useful for whatever reason, like protecting stuff from laser and/or doing "angular" shots.
    I wish those covers would transfer energy "laser"lessly (wirelessly, badly inefficient, but mostly for automation machines)

• I talk about korean MMORPGs that require ages of grinding to reach some goal.

gregtech very close to typical korean mmorpgs, some mods, like thaumcraft typical korea style (as you may know, it force player to perform research by doing something simple and boring 999999 times)

• I talk about korean MMORPGs that require ages of grinding to reach some goal.

gregtech very close to typical korean mmorpgs, some mods, like thaumcraft typical korea style (as you may know, it force player to perform research by doing something simple and boring 999999 times)

As far as I know, Greg probably isn't head of design, he's probably just helping out implementing the code.

• Talking about future, any idea what would happen first:
    1) experimental gets stable enough to be usable
    2) stable gets fixed/recompiled to latest NEI

• Official Post

Talking about future, any idea what would happen first:
    1) experimental gets stable enough to be usable

I dont know if NEI will really get fixed. But Thunderdark is working on new Features regarding Ore Processing.

2) stable gets fixed/recompiled to latest NEI

It IS compiled to latest NEI. And said NEI is still broken.

• I dont know if NEI will really get fixed.

Ah, ok. I misunderstood then. I thought NEI did some API changes and that broke things. I didn't know there were bigger issues there.

It IS compiled to latest NEI. And said NEI is still broken.

You mean the experimental branch is? Latest non-experimental public build is a little over month old.

• For now, experimental IC2 is a totally antithesis to the gregtech - with the same hammering ingots to plates, different metal powders output from a single ore, but with a lot more materials output, now 4 iron powders from single ore block, thanx to the therma centrifuge... It is like mod is trying to fight Gregorius influence, for the rights for separate existance) You are a true cultural invader, Greg, hehe....
    And in fact, future of IC2 is not in process of resourses gathering and processing, but in "fruits of labor", different intresting, tools, devices, weapons and armors, vehicles, possibilities.
    Nobody doing nothing about this....
    And enough about communism. The conception was used only at the early USSR, nearly in 1917-1921, about using "labor armies" - what led to the collosal life losses with miinimal efficiency output. All the "social experimentators" (surprisingly - the same, non-slavenian race!... well... you know...), responsible for the 1917 event is dead now. So the communism idea, i hope. So, enough)

Second law of thermodynamics!