Questions about enchantment for IC2 tools

• I have a lot of questions about enchantment for IC2 tools.

I run IC2 1.117 beta on MC 1.5.2, with GregTech addon.

1. Do Unbreaking-enchanted electric tools' energy spending rate decrease?

2. Do a (Fire|Blast|Projectile) Protection-enchanted QuantumSuit Bodyarmor or a Feather Falling-enchanted QuantumSuit Boots have chance not to spend energy?

3. Do Fortune-enchanted (electric) treetaps' Sticky Resin drop increase?

4. Do Fortune-enchanted wrenches or lossless-mode-disabled electric wrenches' chance to break machines decrease?

5. Why nano sabers can't be enchanted with Sharpness, Knockback, etc?

6. Why chainsaws can't be enchanted with Sharpness, Smite, or Bane of Anthropods?

7. Why mining lasers can't be enchanted with Power, Punch, or Flame?

8. Do Thorn-enchanted NanoSuits or QuantumSuits' energy be consumed when Thorn is activated?

• Official Post

Tools and armour are not meant to be enchanted, it was a bug that was then fixed in a later versions... buuuut....
    The Enchants work almost as normal. Unbreaking on tools doesn't really do anything, but efficiency does. Because you can still "mine" with the drill after its run out of energy, an Efficiency 5 Drill means it doesn't need energy anyway.
    Protection and stuff just add more protection, it still uses up the same amount of energy.
    Don't use Thorns at all, because there is a chance that your armour will just break.

• Official Post

1. Do Unbreaking-enchanted electric tools' energy spending rate decrease?

Nope, electric discharging doesnt "damage" the Tool itself (you know, "discharging") and therefor the Unbreaking is useless.

2. Do a (Fire|Blast|Projectile) Protection-enchanted QuantumSuit Bodyarmor or a Feather Falling-enchanted QuantumSuit Boots have chance not to spend energy?

Enchants are not causing any Damage to the Armor when being used. The Protection Enchants work on the Armor (Feather falling is pointless unless you want to use discharged QBoots), but you will still loose the same amount of Energy. The Enchants even work on completly discharged Armor so they are quite useful.

3. Do Fortune-enchanted (electric) treetaps' Sticky Resin drop increase?

Fortune works only on Blockbreak and then only if the broken Block supports Fortune. The Treetap uses Rightclick to get the Resin out, so Fortune doesnt work. However, I didn't test using a Fortune III Axe on a Rubber Tree to get more Resin when chopping down the Logs.

4. Do Fortune-enchanted wrenches or lossless-mode-disabled electric wrenches' chance to break machines decrease?

Fortune doesn't work at all like that. And Wrenches are not really regular Tools, I doubt you can even enchant them. Same for the Treetaps.

5. Why nano sabers can't be enchanted with Sharpness, Knockback, etc?

You are not supposed to enchant Electric Tools at all (in newer Versions), and the Nano Saber is not a regular Sword so the Enchants are like for a normal Mining Tool.

6. Why chainsaws can't be enchanted with Sharpness, Smite, or Bane of Anthropods?

Cuz they are an Axe, NEXT.

7. Why mining lasers can't be enchanted with Power, Punch, or Flame?

Because it is not a Bow. And it wouldn't work anyways.

8. Do Thorn-enchanted NanoSuits or QuantumSuits' energy be consumed when Thorn is activated?

The whole Suit is getting consumed occassionally. I already lost some electric Armors due to that, when it was possible to enchant them through an exploit.

• Fortune doesn't work at all like that. And Wrenches are not really regular Tools, I doubt you can even enchant them. Same for the Treetaps.

You are not supposed to enchant Electric Tools at all (in newer Versions), and the Nano Saber is not a regular Sword so the Enchants are like for a normal Mining Tool.

Cuz they are an Axe, NEXT.

Because it is not a Bow. And it wouldn't work anyways.

4. That was a Gregtech-exclusive question. Sorry! I knew that Gregtech wrenches never break machines and they are not enchantable.

5. Why do nano sabers enchant like normal mining tools. ?( They are not axes, pickaxes, or shovels.

6. Vanilla Axes CAN be enchanted Sharpness, Smite, or Bane of Anthropods.

7. Mining Lasers can be used as ranged weapons. So I expected Focused Laser (Power), Forcing Laser (Punch), Flaming Laser (Flame)!

I am both particle and wave.

• Nano Sabres aren't supposed to go with piddly magicaboozle power-ups. No, they go with PURE POWER and high electricity costs.

• Official Post

for some reason in the Experimental build, Nano sabers do 1 and a half damage... -_-