Solar and MFSUs causing Lag

• I would like an explanation as to why Ultimate Hybrid Solars, and MFSUs cause so much lag. Specifically when you have a large number of them in a single chunk.

Do they cause more lag if they sit idle?

Also, what is the best way to mitigate this problem besides simply removing them. I have several players that feel they require a large about of energy for their builds. I would like to accommodate, if possible.

• Most solar panels cause large amounts of lag because they are generating 1 packet of energy every tick, this becomes very noticeable with large amounts of solar panels because 1 wire is carrying many packets each tick. Mfsus probably cause lag because they are actively accepting/outputting energy, the e-net will aslo cause some lag because it actively scans the energy's destination to see if the mfsu, and solar panels should output their energy.

• Most solar panels cause large amounts of lag because they are generating 1 packet of energy every tick,

AND THIS, is why CS got invented, mostly. Also, he told using Ultimate Hybrid from ASP, so ... YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• AND THIS, is why CS got invented, mostly. Also, he told using Ultimate Hybrid from ASP, so ... YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

actually his argument is not invalid. they will still generate 1 packet per tick. They aren't 1 EU/t.

• Yes, they will still generate 1 packet per tick in the case of ultimate hybrids though this packet is 512 eu. The only solar panels I know of that don't make 1 packet per tick is the GT solar covers, they instead make 20 eu per second.

• I would like an explanation as to why Ultimate Hybrid Solars, and MFSUs cause so much lag. Specifically when you have a large number of them in a single chunk.

Do they cause more lag if they sit idle?

Also, what is the best way to mitigate this problem besides simply removing them. I have several players that feel they require a large about of energy for their builds. I would like to accommodate, if possible.

UHS and MFSUs are TileEntities, so they cause lag when they sit idle. Try opening up a test world in MCEdit and replacing a whole chunk with furnaces.

Additionally, UHS are not the only option (in fact, they are one of the laziest options) for mass energy generation, so tell them to invent some new energy generation method which may be more efficient CPU-wise.

• UHS and MFSUs are TileEntities, so they cause lag when they sit idle. Try opening up a test world in MCEdit and replacing a whole chunk with furnaces.

Additionally, UHS are not the only option (in fact, they are one of the laziest options) for mass energy generation, so tell them to invent some new energy generation method which may be more efficient CPU-wise.

Any suggestions?

• actually his argument is not invalid. they will still generate 1 packet per tick. They aren't 1 EU/t.

The argument was TRUE, but not VALID, because 512EU/packet also means one of the less laggy generator being ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• disable free generators (solars and mills) work very vell for servers with high online, without ability to spam solars nobody spam them.

We try and not outright ban anything(i know, i know). So, the debate continues. Is there anything to be said about asking players to limit how many per chunk? Instead of loading up a single chunk with 256 UHS, say...limit them to 16 per chunk? Would spreading them out help?

• I stumbled upon this thread accidentally, but I actually also have problems with lags in one, quite highly developed, map. I thought they were all caused by Factorization, but now I start to wonder.

How many UHS panels on one map do you need for them to create a lag? Would 6 of them (4 in one chunk, 2 in another) do it already?

• Any number of solar panels can cause lag, it just depends on how good your computer is, however, 6 UHS should cause as much lag as 6 of any other solar panel, so unless you have a very slow computer 6 of them shouldn't cause anything noticeable.

• I stumbled upon this thread accidentally, but I actually also have problems with lags in one, quite highly developed, map. I thought they were all caused by Factorization, but now I start to wonder.

How many UHS panels on one map do you need for them to create a lag? Would 6 of them (4 in one chunk, 2 in another) do it already?

Not really sure, thats what I am trying to figure out. We have a pretty high end server, and it only seems to be a problem when one person decides they need a couple hundred UHS with matching MFSUs running a few mass fabs. Other than that, we probably have hundreds of UHS's spread across the world.