new design: Perfect Breeder, enriches at least 2 cells for one uranium.

• original post has been deleted, due to be building this design, make fun if you want, but I dare you to beat it. (in breeder efficiency not EU output)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/db509

produces 32 heat to hull, use water cooling on all but one block. HP is, reactor 10k, 6 chambers @ 1k each, and 49 plates @ 100 each, = 20900HP, 10k heat is below half so no evaporating water, even if it did you can place source above it and it wont matter.

As you can see from the pic I am going to beable to have both cells enriched before my u-cell dies, perhaps even a whole another run so for now this is at LEAST making two enriched for one uranium.

• Image error 403. But other than that, sounds awesome.

Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.9 GHz | Asrock 970 Extreme3 | 12GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | Sapphire Flex HD 6870 @ 1000/1100 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD | Hyper 212+ | OCZ Fatal1ty 550w PSU | NZXT Gamma Classic

• this board does not like me, changed link to freeimagehosting, actually working on another design how, looks like I am getting more enriched then the posted one but have to change out more coolent cells.

• well done but not optimally efficient:
    you should have it run at at least 6000 possibly 9000 heat to greater ensure efficiency and your 35% threshhold is 7300 heat (water blocks will evaporate at 35% heat capacity)
    Personally i have given up the breeding cause as a waste of time however you are free to look at my thread with its 9000 heat breeder

• Is it a PERFECT breeder? I generates some heat... a lot of heat. I think, it is positive breeder, isn't it?

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Pretty basic no frills design. Also, your calculations on HP is way low. According to Alblaka, reactor plating gives 250 hull each, not 100, so durability should be at 28,250. 9k heat would be less than 30%.

Yes his design is a perfect breeder, and yes it's supposed to be run at 9k heat.

• FourFire: You're wrong. Water block will evaporate at 50% heat capacity. In this case it is 10450 heat.
    If you have cold reactor is enough insert 5 lava bucket for 10k heat.
    At 35% heat capacity is reactor still cold. At 40% heat capacity begins burn some items (wood, wool...)

Delerium76: The reactor plating gives only 100 heat capacity to hull. Alblaka says 250, but it is wrong. In source code for public version 1.00 is only 100.

• Is it a PERFECT breeder? I generates some heat... a lot of heat. I think, it is positive breeder, isn't it?

yes it generates 32 heat, however outward cooling and the water cools 32 heat, balancing it out.

@Delerium76
    As nargon just said albablaka's post is outdated the source shows 100 hp per reactor, hes post also says 10k for each reactor which its 1k for each reactor.

actualy nargon pretty much wrapped up everything, I even housed this in glass which wont become lava even if I got this to 85% as only rock, iron, lava (lol) ground and clay, will become lava.

tho as I was laying down to sleep I figured out how to give it 200 more hp, by putting the cells in the corner.

so all I have to do is drop 5 lava buckets in and its good to go

• Oh yes... forgot about it... It's a stupid mistake...

Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• your sure this is a good design? it produces more than the 32 heat you say
    the middle uranium rod produces (5 pulses * 10 to Hull) = 50 heat alone
    then your depleted isotope cells also produces some heat
    the outward cooling is 20water+1reactor+2*6chamber = 34 cooling

so the result is for me 50-34 = 16 heat to hull ever tick (edit: haven't counted the depleted isotope heat)

so is it safe to use this self heating breeder ??

English -> not my lang, so sorry for the mistakes. (can be the dyslexia too :/)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Not 5 pulses, 3 pulses. And max. outward cooling is 33, not 34

• your sure this is a good design? it produces more than the 32 heat you say
    the middle uranium rod produces (5 pulses * 10 to Hull) = 50 heat alone
    then your depleted isotope cells also produces some heat
    the outward cooling is 20water+1reactor+2*6chamber = 34 cooling

so the result is for me 50-34 = 16 heat to hull ever tick (edit: haven't counted the depleted isotope heat)

so is it safe to use this self heating breeder ??

You might have got tripped up on the two empty slots, they did NOT have any thing in them, except at one point a lava bucket. Heres the full math on it.

U-cell, 3 pulses, 0 cooling elements, 10 heat to hull each pulse. Total U-cell Heat 30
    Iso cell, pulses dont matter, cooling dont work on them, 1 heat to hull each, Total Iso heat, 2
    Total heat to hull 32

Cooling
    Reactor, at 1 cooling, total 1
    Chambers, at 2 cooling each, six chambers, 12 cooling.
    Water, at 1 cooling each blocks, 19 water blocks. ( filled in one block with a piece of glass.)
    Total Cooling, 32

Heat with 5 lava buckets and let it run.

• I just built this in my world and i've found that it is gaining 5 heat. Im just realizing that it may be because my chamber is too small, and the water doesnt reach 5 faces of the reactor. Am i correct in saying that the water needs to surround it almost completely to cool it evenly?

• I just built this in my world and i've found that it is gaining 5 heat. Im just realizing that it may be because my chamber is too small, and the water doesnt reach 5 faces of the reactor. Am i correct in saying that the water needs to surround it almost completely to cool it evenly?

As far as cooling goes, only the blocks within a 3x3x3 cube around the reactor block itself counts. External cooling isn't possitional and only partialy filling a reactor chamber with water will not put the top half of the reactor grid in danger.

4 'Air' (empty) blocks count as 1 cooling.
    1 water block (either still or flowing) counts as 1 cooling.
    1 reactor chamber counts as 2 cooling.
    and the reactor itself has 1 point of cooling on it's own.

Note that a reactor burning/evaporation range is a 5x5x5 cube, so keep those wood items away ;)