[Addon][1.6.2+] Unidye - Get more awesome for your IC²!

• My brain has just been sent to school's chemistry class about dyes. :D
    One ingredient of yellow dye is Chrome? Thinking back about how much centrifuging has to been done to get the chrome needed for the 8 coils for an industrial blast furnace (dont know how much it has changed in 1.6.2), this would make me never produce yellow dye with a recipe that needs chrome :(

Unidye stuff:
    - Config options for Forestry (?) and GregTech
    - Forestry: Wool/Wool Mesh into Biomass (does that make sense?)
    - GregTech: Industrial Centrifuge Recipes
    - Macerator: Wool -> 2 Shredded Wool Parts
    - Centrifuge: 8 Shredded Wool Parts -> 8 String + 1 Dye (30-45 sec)
    - Centrifuge: 2 Unicolored Dye -> 1 Dye, 1 Unidye (2-3 minutes)
    - Centrifuge: 4 Multicolored Dye -> 2 Unicolored Dye 1, 2 Unicolored Dye 2, 1 Unidye (3-4 minutes)
    - Centrifuge: 6 Tricolored Dye -> 2 Unicolored Dye 1, 2 Unicolored Dye 2, 2 Unicolored Dye 3, 2 Unidye (4 minutes)

These are my current notes. I guess I can add chemical reactor recipes to that list.
    Oh, and Greg, prepare your inbox for some questions I will have sooner or later..(though in most cases it'd make much more sense to just open a thread). Oh, and by the way, your reflection methods were rather hieroglyphs to me, probably because I don't really know Java. I learned it theoretically using an online video course, but never used it so I forgot most of it. So I guess I am relearning, now with university and my own copypasta adventures :D

• Version 1.2.0 out now...not literally now, but just wait for it!

- Wool Dyeing Plant (woo!)
    - some things for GT
    - some tweaks
    - look into the Changelog

resulting questions from me: Greg, is there a way to access your items to use them in recipes, similar to IC2's Items.java? I want to use for example the conveyor module or add another recipe for one of your machines and if it's possible, it's not too obvious how to do it.

Next things will be rewriting a bit of my code, adding Upgrade support (that's gonna take me a while I think) for the Wool Dyeing plant, more GT recipes and things from the "what is planned" category. I will also try to make a quick video spotlight soon. Have fun with it!

Important EDIT: Back up your world! My machine was fine during testing, but weird stuff might happen and please don't blame me.

• Official Post

Important EDIT: Back up your world! My machine was fine during testing, but weird stuff might happen and please don't blame me.

I feel a lot more scared of my new machine now... :S

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I feel a lot more scared of my new machine now... :S

Well, you are actually supposed to always(!) backup your world before updating an old mod or installing a new one, there is always a chance that weird stuff happens and I don't want to be the one who broke your world without telling you to make a backup.
    The machine should be working fine (a little primitive, but not malevolent).

• Well, you are actually supposed to always(!) backup your world before updating an old mod or installing a new one, there is always a chance that weird stuff happens and I don't want to be the one who broke your world without telling you to make a backup.

Did you forget a super call to super.writeToNBT() in writeToNBT() in your TileEntity class? :huh:

• Official Post

Well, you are actually supposed to always(!) backup your world before updating an old mod or installing a new one, there is always a chance that weird stuff happens and I don't want to be the one who broke your world without telling you to make a backup.

Pah, backing up is for people who have Hard Disk space. If it works fine, I guess it can stay...

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Version 1.2.0a: Little Hotfix for problems because of using BuildCraft's packet handler by accident.

Version 1.2.1: some fixes/improvements, only minor ones. Unidye costs now 1 Cyan 1 Magenta 1 Black 1 White Dye.

• I think it should use Red Yellow and Blue, the primary colors, alongside white and black, achromatic colors.

How did I end up what?

And Cyan and Magenta is essentially every base color and black and white, but yeah, should tweak the numbers a little.

• Buildcraft's, I was warned about making machines before my mod isnt a @NetworkMod, so I just copied buildcraft's networkmod declaration, not noticing that the PacketHandler.class was a Buildcraft custom one.

• You really need to add this stuff as a yellow dye: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowcake

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!