[Addon][1.6.2+] Unidye - Get more awesome for your IC²!

• @all:
    I need suggestions for recipes for all the gems for my crystalliser.

For the GT gems and Ender Pearls, simply reverse the GT electrolyzer/centrifuge recipes (add Tiny Pile of Iron Dust for Blue Sapphire, and Tiny Pile of Magnesium Dust for Green Sapphire). Does your machine have an internal tank? You can require a small amount of UUM input for the gems, explained as "crystallization catalyst".

Note that for the garnets and I think lapis you need to add reverse recipes for gem dusts that don't have a gem equivalent (Grossular Dust, Uvarovrite Dust, etc.) You can reverse the electrolyzer recipes for those.

Nether Quartz: 2 Silicon cells, 4 Compressed Air cells (Your machine does have a cell output slot, right?)
    Nether Star: 60 Sulfuric Acid cells, 12 Carbon cells, 3 Wither Skeleton Heads, 1 Industrial Diamond
    Iridium Ore: Just take the iridium dust and like 100mB UUM or something.
    Diamond: 64 Carbon cells, as a reverse of the Industrial Electrolyzer recipe.

• It does have a cell output slot but no tank.. I might add one, or just use the cell equivalent.

Hm, if i take uum as a catalyst, it'll just be like a really suckish reverse recipe that takes eu, time, uum.

• Hm, if i take uum as a catalyst, it'll just be like a really suckish reverse recipe that takes eu, time, uum.

I don't think I'd call anything that lets you make gems from common ores "suckish" (remember that you can get Chrome in more ways than just Ruby dust, and similarly, you can then make Emeralds from easily farmed materials; it's all about transmuting stuff you have an excess of into stuff you need). Plus, a Dust -> Electrolyzer -> Recrystallizer cycle avoids the 25% loss (and ITNT cost) of an Implosion Compressor.

(And please add a tank, since it'll standardize it with IC2's liquid handling. Plus good programming experience for you.)

Also makes UUM less useless than it is right now; I'm not talking whole buckets of UUM for one gem, something like a few hundred or so mB of UUM per recipe for precious gems is pretty cheap.

Do you want the machine to be usable if GT is not installed? IC2 has a very limited number of items/fluids and you most likely will only get to add a Diamond one (from 32 Coal Dust or 64 Charcoal dust) if you want the recipes to make sense.

• Official Post

Do you want the machine to be usable if GT is not installed? IC2 has a very limited number of items/fluids and you most likely will only get to add a Diamond one (from 32 Coal Dust or 64 Charcoal dust) if you want the recipes to make sense.

Is that not a pointless addition if it is only available for Gregtech? :P It's fine being enabled Gregtech or not.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Is that not a pointless addition if it is only available for Gregtech? :P It's fine being enabled Gregtech or not.

I asked because there aren't really any chemical compound cells or fluids in Industrialcraft that make it possible to actually create these recipes. If you have any bright ideas about how to solve this without coding in all the compounds yourself, go on.

• Official Post

I asked because there aren't really any chemical compound cells or fluids in Industrialcraft that make it possible to actually create these recipes. If you have any bright ideas about how to solve this without coding in all the compounds yourself, go on.

It is a dying mod after all, adding wool dying plants not an industrial chemical processing ones. It should have some dye based recipes.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Actually, it kinda went from dyEEEEEEEEing based(!) to whatever-I-feel-could-be-useful mod.

But I guess I will try to add a tank (since the GUI is not crowded enough yet :B)

and actually, it is also usable without GT (I just need more feedback for people not using GT but other mods which add gems), I can provide different recipes.
    (for example, there's also a charcoal recipe without any gt involvement)

• Official Post

dyEEEEEEEEing

Es are over rated

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Make it cheap UUM wise but very time costly (like an hour or two for a single gem) and be not automatable.
    Thus it would only be used for convenient gem production, not in a huge industrial scale.

Like Factorisation's crystalliser, but even more annoying?

I see this too much.