[Addon][1.6.2+] Unidye - Get more awesome for your IC²!

• Official Post

The dyes are "colour conductors", if the name matters much to the meaning. Said conductors wear out and must be replaced.

Colour conductors :P

Damn grammar nazis :3 ~SpwnX

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by SpwnX ().

• Ok, installed updated Unidye in SSP, the crystalliser is pretty awesome; here's some feedback about the GT recipes:

- Ruby/Sapphire Recipe should take Aluminium Dust (dustAluminium) and not ingots
    - Green Sapphire can be differentiated by requiring Magnesium Dust as an input
    - Coal recipe should accept Carbon Dust (dustCarbon) instead of cells now
    - The GUI progress arrow is slightly misaligned
    - Industrial Diamond should require 64 coal dust, or you'd get extra coal back after processing it, which makes no sense.

Recipe times should be changed a bit across the board a little for balance and consistency:
    - Ruby: 180s
    - Lapis: GT un-centrifuging recipe instead of blue dye, 80s
    - Coal: 10s
    - Charcoal: 10s
    - Eye of Ender: 150s
    - Red/Yellow Garnets: 80s
    - Ender Pearl: 150s
    - Sapphire: 150s

• Official Post

• Colour conductors :P

Damn grammar nazis :3 ~SpwnX

No, just people liking the British version of the word colour.

Ok, installed updated Unidye in SSP, the crystalliser is pretty awesome; -snip-

Glad you like it ^^

- Ruby/Sapphire: fixed in my dev environment
    - Green Sapphire: Why?
    - Coal: fixed.
    - Progress bar: fixed.
    - Diamond: whoops, fixed.

Recipe times are tiered for consistency:
    Tier "0" (only for nether quartz atm): 3 EU/t, 200 ticks, 0 mB uuM;
    Tier 1: 5 EU/t, 600 ticks, 0 mB uuM;
    Tier 2: 10 EU/t, 1800 ticks, 100 mB uuM;
    Tier 3: 20 EU/t, 2400 ticks, 250 mB uuM;
    Tier 4 (currently only nether star): 30 EU/t, 4800 ticks, 500 mB uuM;
    That's how it'll be for now until I get more gems. (fixed the lapis thing though)

SpwnX could you link that picture instead of posting it directly? Done ~SpwnX

Oh, before I forget:

Those are gems registered by GT who don't have an explicit use in GT yet, and/or no electrolyzing/centrifuging. But maybe there are other mods who use these and for whom it would make sense to make recipes for. I don't really want to do anything with Apatite either, since its only use I am seeing is fertilizier and a bit phosphor and there is no reason to reverse that recipe.

• Official Post

- Industrial Diamond should require 64 coal dust, or you'd get extra coal back after processing it, which makes no sense.

It takes UU. UU makes sense.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• - Green Sapphire: Why?

To differentiate it from Blue Sapphire. Magnesium is also what makes it green IRL.

You have it as per recipe instead of per gem.

• Code-wise or image-wise? If you mean image-wise, GIMP. I used a GUI image from FrogCraft, made the upper part all grey then pasted the slots / tanks / energy sign over. The name of the Inventory and the TileEntity is not on the image itself though.
    If you mean code-wise, you'll have to specify that question or it doesn't make any sense (at least to me).

I meant Image wise thanks though!

• CertusQuartz is NetherQuartz, but with a different crystal shape, so what about giving the CertusQuartz and NetherQuartz interchangeable recipe, which simply costs EU and time?
    (NetherQuartz)Dust -> (CertusQuartz)Gem

Install AdvancedSolarPanels. NOW.

• Since GT's sheldonite nerf (Greg spoiled my endgame again ;(), iridium is not that easy to come by. Basic adv solar panel requires an iridium ingot; hybrid requires 8.
    8 EU/t for a whole iridium ingot?! I'd better build a GT thermal generator (which runs on lava that's infinite BTW, is gt hardmode after this?!) instead of wasting my 3 iridium on a 3x weaker power source.

• Official Post

Since GT's sheldonite nerf (Greg spoiled my endgame again ), iridium is not that easy to come by. Basic adv solar panel requires an iridium ingot; hybrid requires 8.
    8 EU/t for a whole iridium ingot?! I'd better build a GT thermal generator (which runs on lava that's infinite BTW, is gt hardmode after this?!) instead of wasting my 3 iridium on a 3x weaker power source.

Regardless, that is an OP compact free power source, given the materials. And that thingy can scale up to 512 EU/t .
    I bet it is much harder to obtain 512 EU/t from windmills (resource-wise, time-wise and setup-wise) than those solars.
    Also, in GT hardmode [Our config], IC² greengens (solars,windmills and watermills) are disabled.

• Official Post

Now try to persuade me lava isn't infinite. And also, thermal gens aren't greengens btw :P

Theorically it isn't, the (playable) worldgen is finite (30 million x 30 million).

Indeed thermalgens are not greengens, but you have to move your pump once in a while. Also, it can't be moved automatically and the more energy you use, the more frequent you have to move it and the farther from your portal you have to be, which may be a problem to some players.

• Since GT's sheldonite nerf (Greg spoiled my endgame again ;(), iridium is not that easy to come by. Basic adv solar panel requires an iridium ingot; hybrid requires 8.

The problem arises from the fact that your solars take 1 block of space; 1EU/t per solar is balanced around the fact that it needs a block of skylight. It's the same reason why compact solars are immensely overpowered even though the crafting recipe cost is the same as making 512 solars. Also 1 iridium for 8 EU/t is awesome. Compare to RTGs, 21 plutonium + 270 iron + the generator block for 16 EU/t.

Everyone playing FTB is used to the OPness of your Sentimel's solars so it's too late to change that.