Regenerating Ores Mod?

• I thought it would be interesting to have a Regenerating Ores Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 similar to Scokeev13's RegenOres Mod (which is only compatible with 1.3.2) and works with IC2 ores.

I have no idea how to mod, so can anyone help?

I hate MinecraftSquid. I like :Gold Dust:. I am not MinecraftCreeper. I am MinecraftChar. This looks cool :Nuke TNT: . This doesn't :Treetap:. BUDDER :!:

• Official Post

This belongs in "Addon Discussion" since it is not an actual addon yet.
    @Spwnx/other mods, How do i move threads?

• No.

I stand against having IC2 being EE2.

Seriously, letting ores reappear after you mine them? In 20 - 30 minutes, without any effort?

Somebody hand me a nuke please.

• Official Post

That nuke would make it worse - all the blown up ores would come back but the stone wouldn't :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• He might be talking about retro-gen. If you install the mod after you have already explored the world, then it automatically adds the IC2 ores to the already generated chucks. It only replaces stone with the ores on the first load of that chuck and never again.

It's just a way to add a mod after loading the world so you can still mine around your home and not have to travel to new chucks.

• He might be talking about retro-gen. If you install the mod after you have already explored the world, then it automatically adds the IC2 ores to the already generated chucks. It only replaces stone with the ores on the first load of that chuck and never again.

It's just a way to add a mod after loading the world so you can still mine around your home and not have to travel to new chucks.

There's MystCraft for that purpose.
    When I add a mod with worldgen, I always create a new miningworld with denseores and just put 5-6 quarries there. It seems to be a pretty good solution for that kind of problem.

• It's would be cool for something that'll generates ores under certain conditions. Since in real life materials do regenerates under those certain conditions. (oil for example is created after old dying materials is compressed for millions of years similar for coal) But yea a simple timer is simply OP but add some mechanics then it's can be useful for limited Hard Drive spaces on servers since you can mine an area then they'll return in the same area provided conditions are met. Well made then you can save your worlds from getting too big at the same time not being a single source of materials.

• Go check out Scokeev13's RegenOres mod. What im hoping is that some skilled modder will happen across this and help me make this mod. I'll check out mystcraft though...

EDIT: MystCraft's version thing with IC2 is kinda weird... FAIL. :huh:

I hate MinecraftSquid. I like :Gold Dust:. I am not MinecraftCreeper. I am MinecraftChar. This looks cool :Nuke TNT: . This doesn't :Treetap:. BUDDER :!:

Edited once, last by fireman1x ().

• That is exactly what I want.

• There's MystCraft for that purpose.
    When I add a mod with worldgen, I always create a new miningworld with denseores and just put 5-6 quarries there. It seems to be a pretty good solution for that kind of problem.

Huh? Whats That?

• There's MystCraft for that purpose.

Some times people don't want, or can't support Mysticraft and a bunch of worlds. Or what about public servers? Good luck finding a quality public server that allows you to make myst-world whenever you want.

What I was saying with retro-gen is not reappearing ores, but doing the initial generation on pre-generated chucks.

That is exactly what I want.

Though it appears the OP wanted reappearance, and that I would agree is one, incredibly OP and I would be surprised if an experience modder would even take a second look at this.