Best form of energy gen?

• To answer in the spirit of not being completely OP cheaterly, the best way to get lots of power without spamming solars or wind (or water) is still nuclear.

If the idea of constructing something that could blow you up if you design it wrong that uses fuels that will literally kill you if you don't wear protective clothing while handling them frightens you then...
    Well.

It should. Generating huge amounts of power is hard. Of all the various energy solutions I've seen, IC2 nuclear power is one of the best balanced.

• To answer in the spirit of not being completely OP cheaterly, the best way to get lots of power without spamming solars or wind (or water) is still nuclear.

If the idea of constructing something that could blow you up if you design it wrong that uses fuels that will literally kill you if you don't wear protective clothing while handling them frightens you then...
    Well.

It should. Generating huge amounts of power is hard. Of all the various energy solutions I've seen, IC2 nuclear power is one of the best balanced.

as i said in the previous page, i wanted to use a reactor, but the problem was i dont know anything about them... btw just downloaded gregtech... i am going to need to build a new base 0.0 too many new things, and in your opinion, what are the coolest blocks too build with in any mod, i have the ftb unleashed and have made several changes to mod list already

• Personally I like the look of vanilla Quartz, and stone bricks. GregTech Red and Black Granite and it's variants looks good, as well as Railcraft Quarried and Abyssal stone and it's variants

• ]as i said in the previous page, i wanted to use a reactor, but the problem was i dont know anything about them... btw just downloaded gregtech... i am going to need to build a new base 0.0 too many new things, and in your opinion, what are the coolest blocks too build with in any mod, i have the ftb unleashed and have made several changes to mod list already

Hee hee, if you want easy power, gregtech is pretty much the opposite of that. To begin with, anyways. It does have those fusion generators though. The Nuclear Reactor design thread opening post has a bunch of designs for high efficiency and high output reactors, from bootstrap designs to full, multi-chamber monstrosities.

As for cool blocks, well, that's up to the guy designing it... I've always enjoyed the aesthetics of CF construction (both the process and the final, painted result).

• ya, ive used lots of stone bricks and some railcraft, and i like it but i want to change it up. i couldnt find and GT granite and i was also looking at the force bricks, but i cant figure out how to make them

• ya, ive used lots of stone bricks and some railcraft, and i like it but i want to change it up. i couldnt find and GT granite and i was also looking at the force bricks, but i cant figure out how to make them

I looked it up, and force bricks are crafted with 1 force nugget surrounded by 8 stone bricks.

• unless if i learn how to use Gt/IC2 nuclear reactors, it looks like im going to work for a iridium windmill, also does anyone have cool building designs? that has always been one of my hardest parts hahaha

• unless if i learn how to use Gt/IC2 nuclear reactors, it looks like im going to work for a iridium windmill, also does anyone have cool building designs? that has always been one of my hardest parts hahaha

Just use a carbon rotor, due to a bug they do not break. Also for decent reactor designs, there are plenty of threads in the Nuclear Engineering section of the forum.

Edit: 300th Post!!!!

• alright, thanks, also are there any cool building designs that you guys know of? thats my weak point hahaha

It's everyone's weak point, really.

This miniature garden fortress is the first thing I built with CF in my current world. I've got a weakness for azure, so I had to paint it that way.

I'm terrible at design, but simple geometric shapes are great starting points. I started with a six story CF tower, decided to put an airship mooring mast on it. I'm not sure where I'm gonna go next, but I think I might put an isocahedron on top of the mast, roof it with glass, and turn it into a personal meditation garden.

• hmmm, im actually coming up with a pretty cool design using tconstruct clear glass and while force bricks. the center of the building is a square with a large hollow middle, where of which will be a steves carts wheat farm, so far its pretty cool

• I am in the Nether and I am trying to use lava as a fuel source for Geothermal Generators. For some reason, when I try to connect a fluid transfer pipe from Buildcraft to the Geothermal Generator, the pipe will not connect. Is this intentional from IC2 standpoint? Is there a tutorial for using Geothermal Gens in the MC1.6.2 IC2?

• Recently I have been using Atomic Science reactors feeding into Mekanism energy cubes. These cubes will supply an mfe or mfsu, and if you combine Mekanism's windmills and solar generators, you can end up with lots of power. Use Mekanism's universal cable to hook it all together, mfes' and mfsus' charge relatively quick.

Some pics of buildings I have made: http://Hyer.imgur.com.

Emasher core adds limestone which you can make bricks from, it's like a toned down quarried stone from railcraft. MinecraftSheep