Suggestion: Upgraded Mining Laser

• Official Post

Hey guys,

The mining laser is made with Energy Crystals and Advanced Alloy. How about an Upgraded mining laser, that takes your old mining laser, and uses Lapotron Crystals and Iridium?

I'd like the upgraded version to store more energy (and be charged in an MFSU). Maybe hold 10x as much juice as it does now?

Thanks! :)

-Direwolf

• Eyup! This one is good! And pleeeease, turn off the block loss for the upgraded laser.

(Actually, i don't think, that it will be implemented)

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Mining laser is stupidly overpowered as it is, just set it to low focus, point it to the nearest tile and press w. If you aim it correctly you can mine the top and bottom tile without moving your mouse and dig a 350+ long tunnel with a single charge (counting some missing shots). You just need to pay attention to where you step to avoid falling into lava.

• Well, now if you found some pretty diamond deposit, you can aim, press the right button, and... Destroy the diamond ore without any drop.

Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Eyup. I was building my reactor cover, and I've lost some reinforced stone while fixing the incorrect placement using the low-focus mode. You can try to place, say, a stack of cobblestone on the ground, and then mine it. You will get about 55-60 blocks back.

• Yes, it would be nice, but it seems like Alblaka doesnt' like to make the same tool with the different tiers... We already have a lot of mining tools - Drills, Laser, Miner, Dynamite (it's a very fun "tool" ^__^). I don't think, that we well see another laser...

• Yes, it would be nice, but it seems like Alblaka doesnt' like to make the same tool with the different tiers... We already have a lot of mining tools - Drills, Laser, Miner, Dynamite (it's a very fun "tool" ^__^). I don't think, that we well see another laser...

dynamite mining ftw! Still waiting on the artificial fertilizer recipes for industrial TNT.

• My mistake, i saw a topic where someone claimed it to drop 100% on low and mining modes but i checked it again and he was proved wrong. So it is not stupidly overpowered, only overpowered. In low focus mode you can keep your mouse key depressed and walk through solid stone at normal speed.

• Well, there are the tool, which allows you to get resources by doing nothing. It is The Miner. Is it overpowered?

• Well the block loss isn't too big of a deal if you aren't using your mining laser on ores. You can just switch to a diamond drill to mine the ore and leave the laser for carving out normal rock. I'm sure you won't miss a few pieces of cobblestone.