What does your base look like?

• Im just playing gregtech for the first time, and wondering how other people set up their bases. Anyone care to share some screenshots?

@GregoriousT, i saw there was an older thread where you showcased your own base, do you have any screens to share? The screenshots in that thread don't load at all.

So for example, I just setup a second blast furnace to run aluminum through. Do people generally build more than one blast furnace? I would think those not using chunkloaders or playing SSP build a lot of them.

Do most of you use ic2 and gregtech sorting machines, or just use AE systems to route all of your stuff? Although I loved AE when i found it, I'm beginning to think it takes a lot of the challenge away, and am thinking about some way to restrict it, or just remove the mod altogether. (I kind of think that getting rid of buildcraft quarries is really the way to go, that would also make big AE networks much harder to build.)

• This is the wrong section for this. you should be posting in the screenshot section.

Blast furnaces can share the same machine cases so four blast furnaces per set of machine blocks is pretty good.

I generally use AE for super compact storage and when moving mining equipment/resources across long distances.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• This is the wrong section for this. you should be posting in the screenshot section.

Blast furnaces can share the same machine cases so four blast furnaces per set of machine blocks is pretty good.

I generally use AE for super compact storage and when moving mining equipment/resources across long distances.

Ahh i didnt even see that section, there are so many subforums here, it's crazy. i was specificlaly lookng for gregtech stuff too, so i thought this was the best forum. Ill look for the screenshot section, probably where i saw gregs old post that has images that wont load anymore...

I thought only the grinder would let you put multiple units on one frame, but now that you mention it, it makes sense. That saves me some time thanks.

• Official Post

Fixed :6
    Hey, thanks for doing my job. =) ~SpwnX

• Official Post

did the image not display?

It did, wondering why "image hosting 20mb" was put underneath it.

• This would be my base. It is always going to be a work-in-progress, and I will always be adding stuff to it that I need. Eventually it will look like an entire city, conglomerated into one huge spire.

What you don't see behind the "camera perspective point" (me) is my house, and that is where just about all of the bulk storage currently is and will be, until I get the energynetwork/ME network set-up.

• This would is my WIP. I haven't gotten much done because of work but its cozy.
    You might not recognize a few things. I have change some textures to my personal liking.

Outside View. Red glass fiber cable is a CC network cable.

Inside first room. Some specialty machines that I don't use much. they aren't on the grid.

My blast furnace, anvil and rolling machine.

The corridor between my two rooms. Left corridor is my HUD computer showing IRL time and stored base power. Right side is my AE storage.

Basic machines and power gen. I use nuclear, Feels less like cheating.
    My IND blast furnace, IND grinder and above my crafting table is my large charger.

Some storage tanks and better view of my HUD computer.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• This is still back on 1.5.2, but it still works.

My team and I built our base inside a mountain. The main entrance is at ground level, and after establishing a (to be much more heavily reinforced) door, we dug deep into the mountain, constructing a 9-floored base-in-progress.

Too many images to post them all here so I'll just put them in a Dropbox folder if you want to see them.
    The images in the folder "Old Base" were taken from our previous world, where we built our base in the sky in stead.

• If you play with CC and RC I have a elevator system you might like.

Alblaka says: