Experimental Build 259

• Official Post

#259(Oct 12, 2013 11:26:23 PM)

• add a config setting to remove vanilla ender chests — player

Really? Nothing to do with nerfing Forgecraft 3 by any chance?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

#totesaddgregtech

Also, @Anyone
    I would like to contact CPW to give him a matching texture set for Compact solars. Looks odd on FC3 seeing a Basic one look more complex then an advanced one

• CPW has a twitter account (@minecraftcpw) that he uses and checks on a daily basis. Other than that, I'm sure player or Thunderdark can catch him for you on Forgecraft, IRC or Teamspeak.

As for nerfing/removing vanilla enderchests, it strikes me as odd. They cannot be color-coded, so you can ever only have one per player; they need to be recrafted everytime you break them; and they cannot be automated. Pretty much all they're good for is as a small personal safe that no other player can access.

• CPW has a twitter account (@minecraftcpw) that he uses and checks on a daily basis. Other than that, I'm sure player or Thunderdark can catch him for you on Forgecraft, IRC or Teamspeak.

As for nerfing/removing vanilla enderchests, it strikes me as odd. They cannot be color-coded, so you can ever only have one per player; they need to be recrafted everytime you break them; and they cannot be automated. Pretty much all they're good for is as a small personal safe that no other player can access.

Player added that config option, I assume, specifically because of a conversation him and Direwolf20 had on the forgecraft 3 server. I think its a fairly good option to have, considering some modded PvP servers might want to disable it.

Also, you can keep an enderchest rom breaking by using silktouch on it.

• Official Post

Silktouch isn't that easy to get

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Trust me, I am fully aware of that. :P

Well... That's if you use the vanilla Minecraft enchanting system. I don't know if you're already aware of this, but there is a mod called "Enchanting Plus" that adds an upgraded version of the vanilla table (the author grew tired of overriding the vanilla one) that will allow you to actually flat out choose what enchantment you want for a tool that is eligible for it (fe. Efficiency on a pickaxe). I've been using it for a while now and I adore it as I grew tired of the vanilla system.

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1528282-

• Official Post

Well... That's if you use the vanilla Minecraft enchanting system. I don't know if you're already aware of this, but there is a mod called "Enchanting Plus" that adds an upgraded version of the vanilla table (the author grew tired of overriding the vanilla one) that will allow you to actually flat out choose what enchantment you want for a tool that is eligible for it (fe. Efficiency on a pickaxe). I've been using it for a while now and I adore it as I grew tired of the vanilla system.

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1528282-

I just use enchantment viewer :thumbup:

I see this too much.

• Enchanting Plus... tried that, found it unbelievably exploitative.

With vanilla, you pay levels above the minimum price to raise the probability to get specific enchants; Enchanting Plus however does away with probability, so you just need to pay the absolute minimum price at which that enchant can appear. As a result, you get prices like 15 levels for Fortune III, and another 4 levels for Unbreaking III - all on an iron pick, which doesn't even have very good enchantability. Gold, Diamond or Thaumium are even cheaper.

Add to that the fact that you can keep adding enchants to already enchanted items, and recover the invested levels by removing all enchants from a tool that is one hit away from breaking, and you honestly might just as well cheat yourself a perfect gear set in. You're going to run out of items to enchant just from the levels you get from manually mining enough to set up your first quarry.

• Official Post

But... But... Gambling is the only fun part of enchanting! D: u guys are cheaty

Also, Silk touch isn't that hard, a few picks and you usually get it.

• Official Post

Gambling is the only fun part of enchanting! D: u guys are cheaty

Gambling makes you poor. Cheating the system is what makes you rich :thumbup:

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Gambling makes you poor. Cheating the system is what makes you rich :thumbup:

Well duh, why don't you just go creative then :P

• Official Post

Well duh, why don't you just go creative then :P

Who says I don't 8|

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Then why do you need to cheat the system if you can just spawn stuff in? :P

Cos spawning stuff in IS cheating the system :Px2

I see this too much.