1.5.2 problems

• Hi
    I ve to change my hard drive recently (yesterday) and therefor redownload minecraft but cant play ic² on 1.5.2

i ve tried to use my old files for 1.5.2 but mcforge tells me "fatal mistake"
    i tried with 1.4.5 it worked perfectly...
    but i d rather have 1.5.2...

i ve tried recreating a 1.5.2.jar but for some reason nothing happens
    i dont really remember how i created it the first time (actual brain injury occured for me this summer, i forgot a ton of things...)

could someone please help me? just precise guidelines to what i have to do (the old guide is useless...) and what the fuck do i have to do with the api files?

thank you

ps: i used to be ngc4594 but i forgot my password and the forums setup to help recreate a password sucks, 5 tries and i get error messages everysingle time

• i tried using the one given in the link on the top of the forum page
    weirdly adding mcforge into the .jar didnt do anything

am i missing something?

• i tried installing the 1.6.4 experimental
    installling mcforge into the jar file, but once again nothing happens (no little fml window as before when i start minecraft and no mod)

• That's because on 1.6 you don't install Forge into the jarfile anymore. You need to run the new Forge Installer instead.

Here's a video explaining how to do it. Though it shows a slightly older version, the process hasn't really changed.

Here's a general guide that I wrote on how to use mods with the new vanilla launcher.

• Even in 1.3 - 1.5 you did not need to install Forge into the jar for servers. In 1.6 it's even simpler now.

• Official Post

I miss 1.2.5, where you had Modloader, Modloader MP, AND forge. Then you had every major mod, half of which went in the jar too. 1.6 is child's play.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• thank you for your help everyone
    it works on 1.6.4

is there anywhere where i can find help and tips about the new resources and machines? i found lead, but dont know what to with it^^

• Official Post

Why do you miss that? Today's situation is a major improvement!

No waaaaay. Much more mods, much less complaining. If you couldn't mod you gave up. Now, anyone thinks they can.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.