Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

emotions AI, that would be awful.

Well its not like we learn emotions. Random mutations and natural selection had to programme it in for us :D

• Official Post

Well its not like we learn emotions. Random mutations and natural selection had to programme it in for us :D

So emotions could be bread out?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

So emotions could be bred out?

I guess, Although because it is hardcoded into everyones DNA you would have to be lucky (or unlucky) as fuck to find a donar without a particular gene for emotion. Through engineering it would be easier but we have yet to discover which genes actually do it, and if so, it is probably a large number with mixtures and stuff. For example, dopamine controls a fair few emotions but is also incredibly important for the rest of your body too.

• Official Post

W

I guess, Although because it is hardcoded into everyones DNA you would have to be lucky (or unlucky) as fuck to find a donar without a particular gene for emotion.

Who needs to find it? What's wrong with just cutting it out and taping the DNA back together?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

W

Who needs to find it? What's wrong with just cutting it out and taping the DNA back together?

*refer to previous post that i was editing*
    "Through engineering it would be easier but we have yet to discover which genes actually do it, and if so, it is probably a large number with mixtures and stuff. For example, dopamine controls a fair few emotions but is also incredibly important for the rest of your body too."

• Official Post

*refer to previous post that i was editing*
    "Through engineering it would be easier but we have yet to discover which genes actually do it, and if so, it is probably a large number with mixtures and stuff. For example, dopamine controls a fair few emotions but is also incredibly important for the rest of your body too."

Dang, so you'd have to mess around with the body alot to get that to work. I think I'll just stick with Greg's idea of mindless robots for an ultimate communist society.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Dang, so you'd have to mess around with the body alot to get that to work. I think I'll just stick with Greg's idea of mindless robots for an ultimate communist society.

Robots are much easier since they don't take 3 billion years of random chance to make.

• Official Post

Robots are much easier since they don't take 3 billion years of random chance to make.

Only problem is, robots don't decide things for themselves. Like what colour to be, or what hair style to have.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Only problem is, robots don't decide things for themselves. Like what colour to be, or what hair style to have.

Hence why robots are for industrial usage and not for social usage, unless of course you programme them to determine what colour or hair style. If you really wanted to remove human emotions and stuff, fine, but moral issues and meh. Honestly I would rather you use robots.

• Official Post

Hence why robots are for industrial usage and not for social usage, unless of course you programme them to determine what colour or hair style. If you really wanted to remove human emotions and stuff, fine, but moral issues and meh. Honestly I would rather you use robots.

You're fine with me taking away emotions, but draw the line at moral issues and ethics? Then all the silly emotionless people would wonder if it was ethical to do stuff but not feel bad either way :P

Robots really are flawless if you deal with the whole what colour social stuff.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Please, control your quotes (it is too big).

About emotions and such, people can be changed by the environment to behave differently, either positively or negatively.
    Do you think that things happens on your life doesnt change the way you are, regarding other people, your "emotions" for them?

• Official Post

You're fine with me taking away emotions, but draw the line at moral issues and ethics? Then all the silly emotionless people would wonder if it was ethical to do stuff but not feel bad either way :P

Robots really are flawless if you deal with the whole what colour social stuff.

Please, control your quotes (it is too big).

About emotions and such, people can be changed by the environment to behave differently, either positively or negatively.
    Do you think that things happens on your life doesnt change the way you are, regarding other people, your "emotions" for them?

What was that about quoting? I was too busy quoting :D

The whole idea was not having the wasteful emotion thing at all. The exact point you raised about other people affecting you is weakness in an ultimate communist society, and probably how the whole system would eventually collapse.
    See - emotions bad.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Those quotes are just filling my screen for nothing, dont do that again. You know that you can cut parts that were quoted once, to prevent those stupidly big quotequotequotequote...quotes.

Well, i'd say that humans are egocentric by "nature". Unless you manage to screw up something in their heads to think against it. - brainwashing thats called.

• Official Post

Those quotes are just filling my screen for nothing, dont do that again. You know that you can cut parts that were quoted once, to prevent those stupidly big quotequotequotequote...quotes.

Well, i'd say that humans are egocentric by "nature". Unless you manage to screw up something in their heads to think against it. - brainwashing thats called.

Brainwashing is for amateurs, everyone knows genetic removal of emotions is the way to go. Humans have this strange issue of still being willing to kill each other, even if it threatens the survival of the entire species. Guess we just suck at evolving good stuff.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It all depends on your definition of huge *Insert "That's what she said" here* And I thought that "SpwnX you are doing it wrong!" is bad enough :P

I see this too much.

Edited 3 times, last by Chocohead ().

• Official Post

SpwnX you are doing it wrong. They will never watch for huge Quotes, so it would be easier for you to just edit everything but the last two or three Quotes out of the most recent Post.

I still rather teach them how to do it right instead of cleaning their mess constantly.

My House electric wiring is acting weirdly, with the lights flashing until i go to the "whatever that box that turns certain parts of the house circuitry on/off" and turn off the illumination parts.
    The rest of the electric stuff works normally, but are not completely stable.
    Any tips, rather than calling the "insert whatever name of the job that works with that here" ?

• Official Post

whatever that box that turns certain parts of the house circuitry on/off

You mean your fuse box?

I see this too much.

• Official Post

The light was probably a too higher voltage then the fuse could handle and so the fuse burst before every electrictal item that doesn't run on your new lightbulbs voltage exploded. At least, that is how I think electricity works ;p