Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

Big Reactor's reactor/turbines are absolutely amazing. They're straightforward, and they can't explode (yet)

IC2 Reactors, on the other hand, are unnecessarily cryptic and dangerous. If you were to fill one entirely with quad cell MOX fuel and flip the switch, your base would be reduced to a fairly large hole. Avoid the IC2 reactor.

If you have the newer Mekanism, the fusion reactor is late-late game and insanely complex. But unlike IC2, the power output is worth the difficulty.

Literally, Big Reactors exploding (in the future, as if it's going to happen though) is fine, but IC2's doing it is terrible. It's not even worth arguing with the people who started with 1.6.4 and have never played with IC2 properly in their lives.

I guess there's still hope from some people: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedth…tors_for_end_game/cqfh1lc

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Big reactor CAN be fun if you do it the way Bevo did it ( hard recipes, IC2 Uranium only, steam only, balanced output, capped max size ), but IC2 reactors is a lot cooler to play around with imo, as they require math, and the whole reactor planning is a mini-game by itself :) , the only thing IC2 lacks is cool models, but otherwise it's better ^^

• I love Big Reactors. I've a small reactor feeding 3 turbines making ~63kRF/t combined, feeding into 3 mining lasers with overhead to run my machines.

Planning on delving into IC2 nuclear reactors, just getting IC2 infrastructure set up first! :D

• I agree that if balanced, it is pretty fun to play around with, I only hope that the BR dev is gonna add a config option for the type of power the reactor output ( RF, kJ, EU ) ^^ and ofc meltdowns :D ( but I still prefer IC2 reactors :) )

• Official Post

There's no point making a config option to output EU, as it makes massively more than can possibly be used. :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Big reactor CAN be fun if you do it the way Bevo did it ( hard recipes, IC2 Uranium only, steam only, balanced output, capped max size ), but IC2 reactors is a lot cooler to play around with imo, as they require math, and the whole reactor planning is a mini-game by itself :) , the only thing IC2 lacks is cool models, but otherwise it's better ^^

actually, if you want to make an efficient BR, you still need to do math, to find out how to lay it out. the only difference(apart from the obvious ones) is that the layout of a big reactor happens in the world, not in a GUI like in the IC² reactor.

There's no point making a config option to output EU, as it makes massively more than can possibly be used. :P

I guess it could be used with insanely overclocked machines, but you would need some kind of superconductor to get the power to them.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• And they doesn't exist in IC2 :( ( only real superconductors that works are from UE ), and my idea was to use it on mass fabs :D

• Well, let's do the math :

[Most efficient passive Big reactor RF output in RF/tick, in fuel efficiency] * 0.25 = x

Now, here are factors I will include for the sake of balance :

-Max size reactor can only be 7*7*7 ( casing included ), to prevent titan OP reactors
    -The original RF production will be divided by 25, again for the sake of balance, this also should encourage people to try to come up with efficient designs to prevent 3x3x3 ( casing included ) single rod reactors which produces an already WTF amount of power X(

Gonna do the math with BR planner, brb :D

• I can't do more than ~65 RF per block effiency... It's far from good, so if someone provides with a better design, preferably the most fuel efficient one ( that uses the less Uranium per RF ), I will use this one instead.

Please, refer yourself with the post above to see the conditions it should have ( max size ).

Then take the efficiency, divide it by 100 ( 4 for EU then 25 for balance sake ) and we will have our values ^^

Just to give an idea, this standard efficiency reactor produces 187 eu/tick, by ofc following my conditions, meaning that if we would make the most efficient BR, it would rival the IC2 reactor, yet not completely outstanding it ^^

• i think direwolf20 built the most(fuel) efficient BR in his forgecraft series(at least that's what she Fireball said), which was 7*7 and produced around 11k RF/t

11000/100=110

that's not exactly much, is it?

I tried a 7*7*7 design with graphite blocks and gelid cryotheum which would produce about 22k RF/t, or about 12kmb steam/t. how much would that steam turned into eu equal? and 220eu/t still isn't great.

also, isn't dividing by 25 a littlebit too much? you can get, i think, around 2000eu/t from an ic² reactor, which uses 7 blocks. the max size big reactor you suggest is 49 times as big, so it should be able to produce 49 times as much power, too, right?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Well, if you wish, why not dividing by 50 ( 4 for eu cost and 12.5 for balance ? ), this should be ok ?

Also, derp from my side, I compared a big reactor to the IC2 classic reactor :P

My friend had a design with around 500 eu /t with my balancing, but i dunno how he did it....

• Official Post

also, isn't dividing by 25 a littlebit too much? you can get, i think, around 2000eu/t from an ic² reactor, which uses 7 blocks. the max size big reactor you suggest is 49 times as big, so it should be able to produce 49 times as much power, too, right?

The difference is pushing an IC2 reactor to output 2000 EU/t means you have a lot of uranium in it, and will be playing with fire to get it cooled fast enough. IC2 reactors also go bang when they overheat, Big Reactors just work a little less efficiently.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

IHL would be a lot more complicated that a little orange thing

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Why did we ever switch to doubles?

This is vanilla IC2.