Not the macerator!!!!

• Nothing in 16x16px can ever be round. You need at least 32x32 for roundishness.

You've never seen an ender pearl, chicken egg, shovel head, fire charge, or diamond, have you? because they look round in plenty of ways. Even though they are pixelated, it still counts.

• Official Post

Well, nothing is round at all, any "round" image, is actually a very nice approximation, which is enough to fool our eyes.

I thought that all IC² blocks, including items, were 32x32, so they can be "roundy" according to Greg.
    Still want GT to be 32x, to match up with IC², at least a special set of textures that are on by default via configs.

• They all look more like Octagons, than round. And Octagons are not that close to be round.

Not really.
    For example, we take this round object:

and analyze the corner:

Code
    # # # # # # # #
    A A # # # # # #
    A A A A # # # #
    A A A A A # # #
    A A A A A A # #
    A A A A A A # #
    A A A A A A A #
    A A A A A A A #

We can see that the distance, in pixels, of each piece of the side, goes from 4 pixels, to 2, to 1, to 1, to 2, then to 4 again. This is enough to simulate a curve. If it were, say, 4, to 1, to 1, to 4, it would appear more like the corner of an emerald, not round.
    Therefore, it's round enough, and to save processing power/RAM I suggest that textures are kept within the bounds of 16 pixels by 16 pixels.

• Official Post

Oh, and shadows and slimeballs and enderpearls too! WE NEED SNOWCUBES!!!

• Official Post

Still want GT to be 32x, to match up with IC², at least a special set of textures that are on by default via configs.

Based on the number of textures in both, it would be much easier for IC2 to go back to looking octagonal than GT to go round :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Whats wrong with Greg-Tech textures...? :D They start to lookin' awesome -_-

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Official Post

Whats wrong with Greg-Tech textures...? :D They start to lookin' awesome -_-

Mostly to fit in with Regular IC2, but also, although I do like the style of some of them a fair few are just meh ;p
    Don't worry greg, it would fit very closely with yours but with slight editions. I will even include your G ;p

• Therefore, it's round enough, and to save processing power/RAM I suggest that textures are kept within the bounds of 16 pixels by 16 pixels.

The Forge guys benchmarked this when they added native HD texture support. The performance difference between 16x and 32x was within the margin of error of the measurement. The difference between 32x and 64x as well. You'd have to go from 16x to 64x to have a delta that could even be reproducably measured.

Wish I could cite you the source, but that was ages ago and I've completely forgotten where I came across it =/

Of course, if you used something like, I dunno, a first generation based Atom netbook or something, the story might be different... but even vanilla Minecraft doesn't get more than 20 FPS @ 1024x600 with short view distance on that, so only the most masochistic of users would even attempt modded content. :P

• Official Post

What about fancy GUIs for IC²?

I can think of many really cool things for GUI's but I won't because mojang doesn't have specific textures for their gui's (wood for chests, cobble for furnaces ect)

• Official Post

Neon Compressor?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Actually GregTech go straight way to change few or lot of things of visible content of his mod ;P

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}