Posts by SegFaulter

I like it, +1

Maybe the pole should destroy itself after 3 uses?

Thank you for your feedback.

To protect a large solar array, it would have to be really tall and require lots of Iron to construct. Also, the pole is 1/4th of a meter thick - it should be able to handle the heat, especially with all of that wind/cold water around it. It also wouldn't be getting hit enough to cause significant damage.
    However, for balance the developers could make it be destroyed after X uses, like vanilla anvils. Such protection from lightning should probably cost more than just some iron, and should not be set-and-forget.
    Instead of having to decide between the two, we could get the developers to create a Configuration option, for the number of times it can be hit before being destroyed (-1 for infinite). This would be better for everyone, because it can be configured to be harder, or easier, at the will of the configurer.

Currently, lightning does not explode machines and fry entire energy-networks, in IC2. This does not make sense, because lightning is electrical energy in huge, dangerous quantities.

Why not add a feature, where when machines/cables explode when they get hit by lightning? This could also send huge EU-packets down the power lines in all directions, for a more network-frying effect. Why do this? To inspire people to put roofs over their machines, of course!
    Machines could also "attract" more lightning depending on how much energy they are storing/transmitting/using, that goes for cables too. But nothing that would eat too much CPU/RAM, of course, because that would be bad, of course.
    This would also have the same effect on solar panels - they would explode and send super-high voltage packets down the energy-lines if they are struck with lightning. So what can a player do to stop that from happening?

They can build an N.S.E.D.D.P. (Natural Static Electric Discharge Diversion Pole - NOT A LIGHTNING ROD!), that's what! This would be a tall pole of iron fences, connected to the ground (large area of dirt). This would protect all machines in a radius equal to the height of the NSEDDP pole down to the Y-level the machine is on.
    When a lightning strike is about to be initiated on an IC2 machine, it checks in a 64-block radius of the chosen strike-point for an NSEDDP. If one is found, the height of the pole from the top down to the Y-level of the machine is calculated. If the machine is this number or less block away, lightning strikes the NSEDDP instead. If one is not found, or it is too far away, the lightning progresses to strike the machine and destroy it and everything connected to it.

We all know that n00bs would want to connect this to their machines, to harvest the energy of lightning. But, since the lightning has such immense power, this would simply result in the same spectacular shower of sparks and shrapnel, that occurs when a machine/cable is struck with lightning. It would simply be impossible to collect the energy, and the n00bs who would try that, will learn that the hard way.

Opinions, anyone?

You know that maggots are just baby flies, right? They don't aid in decomposition, they are more of a "by-product" since they digest rotting flesh.

We'll call them maggots, because "Composting Worms" doesn't sound catchy enough.

copse bacteria source of process, maggots and other "stuff" just take part of energy for themselves without any positive impact on product.

It's minecraft - we have magic red dust, infinite water, infinite air, infinite stone, magic, and can mold diamonds/metal with out bare hands. Does it really matter that much?

Geothermal with HV cables.

You might want to put an MV transformer before the Macerator, just to make sure that it does not receive above 128 EU/t.
    If it still explodes, then it is an issue with the addon for sure.

EDIT: Immibis, can you please make the recipe for the Sharpened Iron Plate, use the Ore Dictionary name "plateIron" or something like that? Some of us use the Nerfs Galore mod (also known as GregTech), which forces all iron plates created in the world to be his plate, which is ore-dictionary registered as "plateIron" or something like that. Thank you.

Nope. The laser I suggested would be much more expensive, and would have a special GUI for selecting what block to place. It would also, for balance, cause machines to explode if the ray hits one.

Edit: Those pesky Dirty Dusts are getting on my nerves. I have an entire Automatic Ore Processing facility, wired with its own ME Network, built to automatically pull Ores into Macerators, then wash said ores, and smelt them. However, the Dirty piles of dust can not be washed in a standard Ore Washing machine, but must be centrifuged.
    This does not make sense - some ores can be processed one way, some another way, but not vice-versa - You can macerate Iron Ore into Crushed Iron Ore, and wash it for Purified Iron Ore, then smelt that for Iron Ingots, but for something like Nickel Ore, you must macerate it into Dirty Dust, Centrifuge it for its pure Dust, then smelt that, which takes much more time and energy.
    So, why not make Dirty Dusts washable in the Washing Machine? Or just nerf Crushed Ores altogether? Or make it configurable? Yes, please make it configurable, because that is better than just about everything else.

Also, for processing Ores in the Ore Grinder, can you make the item returned for Mater/Mercury/Whatever cells, contain dirty water/mercury/etc., instead of pure stuff? Then add recipes for centrifuging those cells of dirty stuffs, into Stone Dust and their liquid? This would be nice, for getting the most out of Ores, even if it is only a crappy byproduct that's good for nothing but CFoam or Recycler Fodder.
    Thank you.

Really?! I thought it was like. a massfapper... hmm, are you sure it's not mass fapping?

It is an advanced piece of industrial technology, that condenses Energy into the Quanta that is Matter. Several of our good scientists died doing experiments to find how to successfully manipulate energy like that. And then you go and say something disgusting like that, about the final product of their hard work in the cold, dark underground laboratories.
    Not cool dude. Not cool at all.

Overclockers can speed up the process, and reduce the number of centrifuges needed. But I don't have the time to do the math, I just know that if it produces enough, that's good enough, and any extras can go to a buffer of sorts, that emits redstone when it is too full, deactivating the centrifuges/electrolyzers until it is empty again.

I have yet another idea - this time, it's for a "Blue Laser" of sorts.

This laser would be different than the Red laser. Instead of breaking blocks or melting them, it places blocks. The block that it places is selected by using the mode change key - this will open a 1-slot GUI, where a ghost item is placed for the block that will be extracted from the inventory and placed.

It uses both Energy and one of the desired block, when fired. If fired off into the air, the block is still consumed, but never placed. Or if the ray disappears, the block will be wasted.

The recipe for such a device would also be very expensive, requiring Osmiridium components, Data Control/Energy Flow circuits, and much more. It even has a Sapphire lens instead of a ruby lens.

Or, instead of creating such a device with its own recipe, just create a basic "Laser", that is made into other lasers by assembling it with the proper Lens. That would be nice too.

Thank you for taking your time to review this suggestion. It would be a great addition, not only being a useful tool, but giving players more of something to aim for - a reason to use GregTech and to do things the nerfed way. So long as there is a bigger goal created, nerfs are okay, I guess.

tl;dr: "tl;dr" is not supported any longer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    EDIT: Apology revoked. Those who are too lazy to read, do not deserve a short/simple explanation handed to them, nor an apology if said explanation is not delivered.

I may make a mod for this someday. I have already started the basics, with plastics materials, bioplastic, etc., I just need more stuff, recipes, possibly machines, and then to compile and release.
    It is to be called IndustrialLiving, and will contain many stuff for creating close-to-realistic houses for multi-player, economical/industrial environments. Even special walls that have built-in energy cables, and household appliances that connect to said cables.
    All I need to get started is some programming help (I have very limited knowledge in the field of Java and Forge APIs), and maybe people to help with textures/ideas.
    The plastics will even have more industrial uses, being components of machines/devices and such. If there really is now a want for such a mod, I will be glad to begin working on it again. Thank you for reminding me.

I have some ideas!

End Superasteroids

Naquadah, Naquadria, Etc.

Extremely Advanced Devices(only 2; I need more ideas)

Tl;dr: More Cool stuff, Extremely-advanced/Insanely-Advanced technology, and more reasons to explore the End

Thank you for reading this compilation. It took me a few hours to create, but I seriously think that these would be Great for improving the Tech Tree, and would give players a reason to make hammers/saws and do things the GregTech way, which means more support/popularity. This is only a Suggestion though; it is free to be discussed, speculated upon, decided upon, implemented in part or in whole, or discarded in part or in whole. But please atleast consider it. Don't worry about discarding the entire thing; I simply felt that there was no better use for my time, and that I should try to inspire the creation of something cool, with my extra time.

I should be going to regenerate soon. Good-night all!

The problem is not that the options aren't there, it is that the options are scattered throughout the Dynamic Config file. It would be much better, for everyone, if the bigger options are moved to a separate config file. So that people can make things harder or easier at their will.

This.
    And a device, for armour, made of one IDSU and an Osmiridium plate in the Assembly Machine, which is assembled together with a QSuit-Chestplate, to automatically charge tools with, and supply power to the QSuit and any tool in the inventory, by draining power from the user's private IDSU channel.

Like what
    IC2 has pretty much every IRL form of energy generation, apart from gas or oil.

Then why not something that doesn't yet exist? Even if we're wrong and it is impossible in the real world, or impractical, Science Fiction doesn't have to be right as science progresses.
    One I can think of, is a machine that uses Redstone as fuel, and produces Energy more efficiently than chucking it into an energy storage block.

I am also here to suggest another change - a new config file.
    This file will be called "Master", and will have, among other things, a list of "Presets" for settings in the really long DynamicConfig. Every time GregTech loads, it would check this configuration file for the preset used. If it is a preset other than "Custom", it sets the options in the DynamicConfig to the values in that preset. If it is the custom preset, it loads the config file normally. Presets would be like:

Insane - Many things are nerfed, and tools require plates and other tools to craft. Progression is extremely slow. As close to the real world as possible.

Hard - Many nerfs, but a few things are left easy/moderate. Progression slightly faster than Insane.

Medium - Some nerfs, including the Diamond macerator recipe, but many not included, allowing basic machines to be made without the need of Steel. Industrial machines and electric tools still need steel, though. Instead of tools requiring plates in their recipes, they require ingots and a hammer/file.

Easy - Not many nerfs at all, but logical things, like diamonds for macerators, are still included. Crafting tools (saw, hammer, etc.) are more efficient than vanilla crafting (saw gives 6 planks/log, hammer makes plates from 1 ingot), and tools still need to be made with the file/hammer/plates/etc.

Too-Easy - None of the GregTech nerfs. All machines can be made with basic Iron. Tool recipes only require Ingots. Plates are only used for covers and a few other things. Tool recipes, like for the Diamond drill/rock cutter are still logical, but use basic Steel/iron and basic circuits, rather than Titanium.

Custom - All things are as defined by the other configuration files.

Along with those options, there would be other major things, like the machine constant need of energy, and the metal/gem block crafting/uncrafting options.

There would even be options to disable things like the Forced Ore Dictionary Modifications, which are things that many other modders are becoming disgruntled about (mDiyo, for example)

With this configuration file, it would be much easier for us to configure stuff without spending 10 hours searching the Dynamic Config for options and changing them. It would also stop people from complaining about the nerfs and other difficulties. This addition would make things much better for just about everyone, especially server administrators who want an easy way to make things hard or easy at their will in little time. Thank you for reading this suggestion, and I hope you consider it.

I like this idea, especially since I had a practical test on how to make bio ethanol out of maïzena. But we did have to add some kind of enzymes, so the chain of glucose could be cut into smaller chains. Any chance of including these enzymes?

The maggots eat the stuff, and process it with their enzymes into Biomass/Composted Materials. We wouldn't have to add them directly to the composting bin.

shout down your internal perfectionist.

not everything shoud have use, minecraft is not console game.

Not everything should, but everything could. Remember that the issue is that there is a huge buildup of useless items, and it is a shame that the best thing they can be used for is Scrap. The solution is to make some better ways to use said useless items, than just throwing them into a recycler. It would be better for IndustrialCraft to make things better, and a way to do that is to add a way to use the useless. Recycling is not good enough, as it uses up too much for too little return/profit.