Posts by Speiger

The problem is that lasers require a tone of power constantly.
    Each laser require at least 10RF per tick to run (and if they do not removed it they have powerloss(correct me if i am wrong)) and the Forestry engines produce only 20 RF per tick. That is only enough to run a laser at 50% speed (if the powerloss is away) so you need per laser at 40RF per tick to run them at 100% speed and at least 10RF to let them run.

That is not Arromas bug that could happen with any mods. It seemed to be that you have TOMANYMODS installed.
    Increase your Ram in the launcher which you use and everything should be fine!

A little note here:
    Forestry engines start with the ratio of 5 EU = 20 RF. And the balance start to move a little bit to more EU cost when you upgrade it (so less RF for more EU. Keep that in mind).
    Note a way to transfer energy between RF and EU is MFR which keep the balance to 1 EU - 4 RF really good. (up to 10K RF). It is cheap and can convert really much.

I mostly went using the Elctrical Engines from a IC2&BC addon which had a really much higher output then the forestry engines were able (even max upgraded), also it had a adjustable Engine which you could setup like insane xD

I presume CraftyFellow is using 1.7.10 based on his other messages about setting up a fluid reactor. To further explain the part about MJ being dead, the mods that previously used MJ (e.g. Buildcraft, Forestry, Railcraft) now use RF instead.

Redpower 2 has not been updated for 1.7.10; there are two replacement mods: Project: Red and RedLogic. I'm not familiar with them, so I don't know if they have EU to RF converters. I like Forestry for the backpacks, and I've used saplings from a multifarm for biochaff (and am now using them as recycler fodder for helping a mass fabricator). Many of the machines added by Forestry can be made with materials that IC2 already adds (copper, tin, bronze), so you could turn off some of the features in the Forestry config. For changing your world as little as possible, I suggest the "Power Converters" mod (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/map…y-powercrystals) - iirc, it doesn't affect world generation at all, it just adds some craftable blocks, and as long as you already have a mod that involves generating or using a specific type of power, you should be able to find the materials needed to make the matching producer/consumer block for that power type.

Thats why i am asking what MC version he is using. Because he is talking about IC2 Exp and Redpower and MJ. That does not fit together. I think he could be in these four versions: 1.2.5, 1.4.7, 1.6.4, 1.7.10.
    And PowerConverters is not the Best way. At least for servers thats why i am asking if he is playing on a server (because PC has a infinite power bug on servers because on derp sync code.).
    Also there are a lot of mods that support better PowerGen then PowerConverterst between EU to MJ. It really depends on the MC Version.
    Next time you need to get information before you throw out infos which can be invalid for him. (Think before you talk).

You can also make CropBreeding to increase the amount of yeld and groth a little bit.
    The max amount it can get on each number is by the way 31. (To get it that high take a while but when you have it you get so much that nothing can keep up harvesting it).

I'm aware of CraftGuide (and probably would have brought it up myself if the OP had replied with complaints about NEI), but I've never had NEI crash on me, and as far as I can tell (I just installed it, since it isn't mutually exclusive with using NEI), CraftGuide doesn't offer functionality similar to NEI's question-mark button, and doesn't support showing alternative methods of obtaining items from certain mods (such as Forestry bee breeding or AE2 in-world fluix crystal making), so I don't see a big advantage to it personally (I suppose the resizable window counts as a minor advantage, so I can see up to twelve recipes concurrently, compared to NEI's two at a time). Also, if IC2 has really dropped support for CraftGuide (which I can't confirm - it looks to me like it picks up IC2 recipes successfully, though it doesn't show input quantities for compressor recipes), you might try asking the devs for their reasoning before insulting the decision - there might be limitations that neither of us are aware of that led them to doing that.

However, my main point was that it was better than an out-of-date wiki in most cases. One exception I came across is that neither NEI nor CraftGuide will show IC2 canning machine fluid-enriching recipes (according to Fix/Add NEI Canning Machine Support, Thunderdark ran into difficulties with adding them to NEI, idk if adding them to CraftGuide was attempted), but it looks like the Wiki page for the canning machine has actually been updated with them: http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…php?title=Canning_Machine

Ok lets think about Vannilla NEI without Plugins (that is only fair to crafting guide plugins). So forestry Stuff will be supportet in both. But limited. (Breeding) is in both not. Crafting Guide has every machine recipe but NEI not.
    Buildcraft will be supportet in Crafting Guide by default. (Lasertable) The Machines in IC2 will be only supportet by IC2 Itself. So the bug there is only on IC2 Side so you can blame not Crafting Guide or Nei at all. A thing that will be supportet by railcraft automaticly is Crafting Guide and not Nei by default. So you have to install Plugins to get Support.

And all other stuff that will be supportet is made by Nei Plugins. And i am working on a Crafting Guide Plugin for other mods, like TE3, Factorization, MFR and Tinkers Construct. So then i have all mods covered that add custom recipes and do not even need nei Anymore.

And the Stacksize support is limited by the addon maker it will be supportet but the guys who made it made a mistake.

I enjoy that steam idea too, and planned at least for IC2 Classic to add some stuff for it (since there will be a steam based Reactor). Redstone requirement i do not know if that will be there or not.
    We will see. But steam will be mostly used for utilities and not for PowerGen. So you do not have only 1 use for it.

I think this:

I have the same thought of gregorius.

However, you could put a config to disable / enable the display of recipes, like "hideSecretRecipes" does ?
    Maybe "hideReplicatorRecipes" ?

I think GG is right in this point. But everyone has his point. My is one is a little bit differend then others.

To your question. Ask the IC2 Team. I do not count to that team and i am glad that i never will be.
    I support my IC2 Classic which seem at the moment more stable then IC2 Exp (i think that is a illusion of myself too.).
    And the good thing (at least for me) is that i can add stuff which i do want (mostly i still try to stay as close to the Original as possible), and do not need to care about other people too much...

The replicator list could massively lag NEI though, as it's dynamically generated, there'd be a massive list of nearly every item.

Yeah when you load the Items over and over and over again. But what about that there is a static list which never changes unless you force it to (rejoin world/restart game/Command)
    then it would not really lag the game and you can create lists for easier access. So you do not have to loop through everything 1000k Times.
    And since these recipes are not required on server side (since the recipe showing is only client sided) there should not be that much lag at all. But i personally Prefer nei no longer. I saw that it is getting stuck every now and then,
    also it is not crashproof with broken recipes. I mean i can normal craft stuff and when i search in nei something it crashes (it was a broken recipe on my side) but craftingguide had no problem with that. Just throwed a error message for peoples bugreport and thats it.

The canning machine has been suggested before, it is apparently not possible. The recipes in it don't change that often, and both the IC2 and FTB wiki's are up to date.

The thing with the Nei support is not possible for the CanningMachine is not true. If someone would use the API Files then he would be able to do it because the Items are declared. Also the Fluid To Fill / Drain. Everything is there.
    For the Relicator it is not that Easy but if a scanner can find a recipe then the same thing is also possible for a Nei Plugin. Since it is hardcoded into ic2 there should be a easy way to install it...

You need to install IC2 Fixes for that IC2 Exp, has extremly buggy recipes in 1.6.4
    That should solve every crafting recipe

And if you are to bothered by these bugs there is still a IC2 Classic version out that supports IC2 Exp mods ^^"

Are you looking at an out-of-date wiki? I suggest NEI instead.
    As far as fluids with the canning machine, did you make sure it was in fluid enrich mode, and did you put water in the left tank? (e.g. by sneak+right-clicking with a universal fluid cell or using a fluid ejector upgrade from an adjacent machine)

You know there are people out in the world who do not like Nei or do want to try a world without it and use things that could replace that. There is mod called Crafting Guide. It is more stable then Nei and does for the recipes the same thing, but do not crash if a recipe is broken. It is just not showing it. (Note Nei crashes if a recipe is broken)
    Sadly it is not really good supportet. I also think ic2 dropped the support which is in my opinien stupid!

The best way to find out which mods are providing these items is to use the FTB launcher.
    Download/Start a modpack that contains these mods (dualhotbar will be maybe not required) and look with waila from which mods are these objects.

I hope that will help you. Else look into the Offical mod Wikis and read the installation guide of these mods. Maybe there will be something that will help you.

That wouldn't work, because why would I make the TileEntity a IEnergyConductor when I register the Delegate to the ENet and the ENet doesn't even know about the main TileEntity?
    Also: I don't think there is an easyer way than having one line per function code. As I stated in the in the thread, I'm going for functionality here, not for efficiency. I just want to show what's possible, so it doesn't matter how I do things.

^^" That part of code would be same efficent, but it would make less sources to send energy, which would reduce the EnergyNet work (not network) on high use of these blocks.
    Also i did explain the stuff a little bit bad. (Explaining is not my strength). The metadelegate is the only EnergyTile which is fake tileEntity but all the Placed blocks are the positions where the EnergyNet would find to main conductor, it would be simply a pathfinder. So instead of having on input and 20 outputs (or opposite) you can have one cable which provide energy in both directions where it is needed without of calling every sender to send his Energy. So you do no longer have Sender/Receiver in 2 differend blocks its only one block. It could be callen Wireless conductor. ^^"
    But that is only a suggestion...

A thing what i nodest you useing TileEntity ticks to init the block to the EnergyNet. That is not really required, and there would be then only useless ticks after that. If a Tile of that requires ticks then you can override that. You should use onBlockPlaced in the block side,
    or you could use validate on the TileEntity side. That would make less TileEntities on the list which the world has to progress. Means simply less work for the World.

Cool idea Aroma.
    Here a tip which would make your thing much easier.
    Instead of making a lot of IEnergySinks and IEnergySource you could make a FakeTileEntity that is IMetaDelegate,
    that provide all tileEntities then you can make them to IEnergyConductors and let them Send/Receive Energy.