Posts by Speiger

Things that need a rewrite:
    -RecipeOutput Class: Needs a secondary function that shows all Outputs. Final Class modifier needs to be removed. +Maybe some extra functions to make fortune upgrades an some other things possible.

-Machines: Need to support MultiOutput which they dont. All Machines are limited to what slot amount they have. It does not matter if they have 3 output slots. As soon there are 4 differend outputs the recipe will not be supported anymore.

For you guys thats about 2-4 classes but the change that is requried to allow that is not as small as you think...

From what i saw about that mod. Its not a good one. Instead of using the API how its supposed to be used its just hack into IC2Machines and just hopes for the best that it will get the EnergyData.
    Its unstable and not compatible with addons if they dont use the core classes and its not a good idea to use that mod at all...

If you want a mod that supports RF=EU conversion properly how it is supposed to be here is one:
    https://minecraft.curseforge.c…=mc-mods&projectID=251121

It would also allow like sifter like recipes In IC2Exp.... On the other hand they would have to rewirte the API to make that happen since they dont allow RNG recipes. (In other words that what you ask for)
    Edit:
    Chance based Recipes. Or Recipes that change their output on Random calculation (or % chance) are not possible In IC2Exp with their current system and i doubt they change it. I did ask long ago for that kind of things and they didnt do it...

Basicly EnderCraft:
    You have 1 Output Slot. Behind that Output Slot you have a OutputList.
    The Recipe injects the Items into the OutputList. The output lists tries always to inject into the output slot. It does then not matter how many outputslots a machine has since they do add stuff to the "To OutputList".

That system allows you to have like 5000 differend outputs to 1 Machine that has only 1 output slot and everything is fine.
    And if the output list is filled with something that it cant push because the output slot is lockt then the machine wont run.
    And since IC2Exp has a upgrade call whenever a Machine processes something Upgrades could export stuff before it comes into the output list.

Basicly: Recipe => Invisible Chest inside the machine (Also called buffer / List) => OutputSlot.
    Instead of: Recipe => OutputSlot.

Or just make it possible that the machine has a output list which allows recipes to have multible outputs and the machine only runs when that list is empty...
    (Promoting that IC2Classic can have to any machine multiple outputs if the recipeList supports it)

true on the other hand MauveCloud look up on the Wikipedia page what Pahoehoe lava actually is. Its basicly Lava that is almost to the state of beeing stone again. Still molten but you can compare its kind with almost cooled of wax.. Aka still hot enough to be a fluid but not as hot as lava...

True but i never leave a "Missing Texture" beeing a thing. And also this applies only to machines/Electric Blocks and not to None Electric Blocks. Crops dont do that at all

1. When placing crops I sometimes get a pink block before it loads the textures:

That has something todo with IC2 using 1 BlockID for all TileEntity Blocks they have.
    This system saves on BlockIDs but causes all kinds of networking bugs and that what you discribe is basicly "Minecraft" waiting for IC2s network packet to update the Block on the ClientSide.
    They could fix that really 2 Ways:
    1: Remove this whole "32K BlockMetadata System" (Hard for them but it would remove all bugs they have with networking tiles)
    2: Place the Block with its "Possible" TileEntityData on the Client so that the client gets updated later but at least the pink stuff is not appearing. Also if packetloss is happening the client at least has a default made.

IC2 Classic has this bug in a differend way to. Activity State & Facing gets set only on the server so Rotation updates when you place the block. But its not as worse since the data is not essentail for the Block and most Blocks have a default facing.

to be honest i am not deep enough into IC2Exp code to tell what causes the bug exactly.
    But what i saw is that aroma had made like way to many "Sanity Checks" inside of the Enet reducing performance, + a lot of Extra Randomness which could cause you to waste power and also not distributing power properly anymore with multistructures, and a system that can not handle "IMetaDelegate (Its the code for multiblocks)" properly and will fail sooner or later.
    On Top of that Every EnergyAcceptor is also a EnergyEmitter and opposite which is a lot of Extra Calculation time.
    Cables seemed to be programmed ok but it seems that i was wrong on that point...

So people say the enet is fixed in 1.10.2 thats wrong. They just added the core features back to it but its still not fixed in my eyes.
    But i am really happy that the didnt follow the hype of Making the Enet a capability based system because that would make server performance even worse...

Potential bugreport:
    -Charger 4 items in a row and then removing the energy. That could turn into that you run into -EU
    -Charger that can charge other blocks checks every tick for the Blocks. It should cache the TileEntities and look if they are valid and if the coordinates are chunkloaded. (Because You cause chunk flickerring with that)

1: Tinkers construct is the worst mod that you can install because you fall into its trap that you do not use other tools
    2: You are a casual player because you play a little around with stuff. A hardcore player I would consider who plays at least 200hours with your pack and you have only a resource overflow after 150hours.
    note: my example is horrible but it should give you an idea.
    3: Expecting something to be easy no forget that. Mods like TE3 & others just make you brain dead because you play basicly factorio in MINE&CRAFT. Factorio is not a bad game but its settings are deadly for mc.
    4: I test ic2c in a better balanced pack then you can do it with currently in 1.10.2
    The only op things are worldgen itself and lvl up mod which allows you to dupe ores.
    And the Only RF mods we have are forestry and ExtraUtils (25-30mods modpack)
    And here is the thing getting the 51.2k iron and the copper and tin you need to make a HV solar panel will take you days. Maybe even weeks because the best mining option you have is the IC2 miner. But that is not as fast as you think. Manual mining is still a thing but at least we still have something to do after 4 weeks of playing. Our fastest player got about 50-60% of a HV solar panel together. But they aim for that.

And to be honest what you tell here is basicly asking for: why can't I have the biggest dick after 2-3 hours of playing (again horrible time scale)
    IC2Exps over extreme crafting might be questionable and to much but it still rewards you for something that you do not even know anymore.
    effort. How much do you care about an MFSU that took you 50seconds to craft? Not at all right? That changes if it took you 2 hours to craft it.

So again: IC2Exp is not made for people who are pure casual players like you are. its for players who invest time which you do not want to give.

Well I think its a edge case and that is the closest as you could describe it.
    And I would not say ic2 is for 100% for casuals. But it is closer to the most casual players (in terms of friendliness) then exp. On the other hand it requires the people to actually think about stuff still.
    And if you don't have a resource orgy (aka you can get 50k iron then less in a day) that is created by other mods then you should find also a balanced mod.

I don't know YEAH :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just to point that out. I was not nice to you in the first place. I was laughing because of the reaons aroma posted. (after me) I think you startet this as a shit post.
    (Here is what i think on your points)

1: i think its fine for IC2Exp.
    2: Agree its way to much.
    3: People did yell about the whole internet about it this is just trying to beeing mean.
    4: That is a feature since IC2 exited.
    5: Default Hater post when people come into IC2.
    6:And now you just want to punch people mentaily because of your own frustation.

First of all IC2Exp is no longer designed for casual players like you. Its a clear edge case between hardcore players & casual players (aka those who are close to beeing hardcore but are not fully into it) if you are not the case then i suggest you to not use the mod.
    If you want to play with the mod then accept it rules. Since they changed their rules not "so recently" there is no longer a reason to bitch about it because everyone knows it. If you are ignoring that then its your own fault.
    Sry aroma but i do here a bit self-ad i hope you do not mind.
    If you want to have a old like IC2 there is the classic version of IC2 (IC2-Classic) that is less grindy but keeps the original concept. Its not out for 1.10.2 yet but not far away from it. If you dont want to play neither of that then i cant help you.