Crops and related things

• Evening,

I had the time to test a bit, creative only for now, and noticed a few things:

1. When placing crops I sometimes get a pink block before it loads the textures.
    2. I can't pump water into the crop matron with a pump. I tried placing it at two different sides and the bottom of the matron, with and without fluid ejector upgrade in the pump. It didn't work. It might be an issue, that the pump doesn't know which tank it should pump to. I tried with two empty tanks to see if it would pump into the other one but it didn't. As a workaround I put a ejector and a pulling upgrade in the pump and use cells filled with water.
    3. The arrows in the crop matron point to the wrong tank. (I know it's in the bugtracker already but I thought people might look here too and might wonder why it's not here)
    4. I can't seem to crossbreed stickreed. I try with a 3x3 field with reed in 4 slots, a crossbreeder in 5. It might be just bad luck that I didn't get it 'till now, or it could not work (either at all or how I tried it, did the mechanics change from the old ones I red in the tekkit wiki). I tried for half the day, letting it run and looking every 15 to 30 minutes.

I hope it's okay that I post it here and not in the bugtacker, I don't want to have another account I won't use much.
    Daenara

• Official Post

1. All machines do that, just the crop texture loads slightly slower because the model is more complicated, not really something that can be fixed.
    2. That's a bug that'll get fixed next time I push a new build.
    3. That's already been fixed in IC2 2.6.150
    4. Breeding is a very hard thing to prove it's not working as it's slightly random anyway, there's no reason it shouldn't work though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Re #4, I hadn't been paying attention to the v2.6 changes to notice that crops had finally been added, but in v2.2 (for 1.7.10), I usually set up a 9x9 field of 20 reeds and 20 crossbreeders in a checkerboard pattern (with water in the center), and it still often takes 3 or more passes to get stickreed.

• I have been at it for nearly 3 days now. At least crossbreeding works in general, I got wheat once out of my reeds. And right now I got carrots from either reeds or wheat or a combination of both, not sure what it was, was my center. I will try the 9x9 field, maybe I get it that way. Before trying it on the server I want to be sure it works at least, and I have to wait on the pump fix for the crop matron, in the hope that if the pump works, the pipes I use work to.

Daenara

• 1. When placing crops I sometimes get a pink block before it loads the textures:

That has something todo with IC2 using 1 BlockID for all TileEntity Blocks they have.
    This system saves on BlockIDs but causes all kinds of networking bugs and that what you discribe is basicly "Minecraft" waiting for IC2s network packet to update the Block on the ClientSide.
    They could fix that really 2 Ways:
    1: Remove this whole "32K BlockMetadata System" (Hard for them but it would remove all bugs they have with networking tiles)
    2: Place the Block with its "Possible" TileEntityData on the Client so that the client gets updated later but at least the pink stuff is not appearing. Also if packetloss is happening the client at least has a default made.

IC2 Classic has this bug in a differend way to. Activity State & Facing gets set only on the server so Rotation updates when you place the block. But its not as worse since the data is not essentail for the Block and most Blocks have a default facing.

• Official Post

IC2 Classic has this bug in a differend way to. Activity State & Facing gets set only on the server so Rotation updates when you place the block. But its not as worse since the data is not essentail for the Block and most Blocks have a default facing.

Didn't you declare that as a "Feature" a while ago, because you liked how that looks? XD

• True but i never leave a "Missing Texture" beeing a thing. And also this applies only to machines/Electric Blocks and not to None Electric Blocks. Crops dont do that at all