Posts by Jivix

I have a set of crops for each type of crop now, and I've noticed that I have not received a single crop from certain types. This includes Wheat, Pumpkin, and Melon. I get seed bags almost every other harvest from Reeds, Nether Wart, and Cocoa. I've gone through about 30 generations of a roughly 16-plant wheat/melon farm and haven't gotten a single seed. Don't tell me they are this rare?

But, I did crossbreed two reeds into a wheat plant which DID drop seeds. So I have wheat seed bags now, but not from regular planted wheat plants.

I'm trying to get an idea of how much power my windmills are generating, but the power readings are going totally crazy. Nomatter how short or long of a reading I take (from 1/8 second up to 2 minutes), it either gives me a 0 EU/t, <-30EU/t, or >30EU/t readings, with the occasional -4EU/t and 4EU/t. I highly doubt 4 windmills are generating 30 EU/t let alone -30EU/t (wtf?) at height level 90. OR is the wind system really that random now? So far my only rough estimate is how fast my MFSU is filling, which is a sucky way to measure.

The issue is OPENING the Cropnalyzer can sometimes put NBT-tags onto items in your hotbar... this causes them to become glitched-unstackable.

Ah, that is it! I'll be sure to take them all out of my hotbar before opening cropnalyzer. Thanks!

Edit: Erm, it seems to be happening on newly harvested seeds/plants even when I don't have a cropnalyzer in my inventory. This is on SMP, I haven't tried it on SSP yet.

Used cropnalyzer with the seeds in your inventory?

I tried that, but since they are regular seeds they cannot even be inserted into the cropnalyzer.

I don't know how to use NBT editors so I'm lost there... but I did find out that if I place unstackable pumpkins/reeds/melons/netherwart and pick them back up, they can be stacked regularly again. Perhaps that removes the excess NBT information?

Before you say "Noob, seed bags don't stack!", I want to clarify that I am talking about regular, plain old seeds. Of any kind. Right now I'm staring at 3 piles of netherwart that refuse to go into the same stack. I have the same situation with wheat seeds, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, and even sugar cane. My chest is filling up very quickly!

Hmm... I recommend canned food as long as you don't have a whole bunch of cooked pork/beef lying around. Canned food is a good way to increase the effectiveness of food that is normally junk, like melon. Melon has a very tiny saturation level, so you are sort of doomed when you eat it to continue eating it the whole journey. If you can it it turns into magic melon-mash, which probably has a saturation level between 2 and 4. If I eat 4 canned foods, I am usually good for a half day trip at sprint before my bar starts to go down. If I'm right, that's because each can you eat adds to the saturation level, so with the smaller food/can if you eat many at once you get a huge amount of saturation.

I do know that cooked beef gives you almost 13 saturation, so if you eat two of those you are good for a long long time.

nano-sabers are much more reliable and powerful once you actually know how to use them properly, unless you just feel like being lazy. a flame thrower could be pretty cool, specially if it let me burn all that annoying grass in fields. also you can use a few coalfuel cells and some gunpowder to much like 100,000EUs if you can figure out the superfuel recipie.

Uh, nope. Nano sabers have a weird glitch when switching between modes on SMP... sometimes it'll be active, but look like it's off, and vice-versa. This mean you'll be smacking creepers with an ugly stick, or wasting power thinking it's off. Trying to switch it on/off again doesn't fix it, either... dropping it or rejoining are the only options... and I don't like dropping diamonds when I'm fighting creepers. I'll stick with the 2-hit chainsaw, thanks.

This is for big plants... for people who need to push the boundaries of what is possible to get more power. Crazy people, if you will. And because it's possible. For science.

You say that 300 million EU is a totally ridiculous amount? I'd like to tell you it isn't. It's a totally reasonable amount. Some SMP servers have such enormous solar arrays that people are pulling in over 4096 EU/t in a completely harmless manner. That generates some serious, serious power (and lag). If you are going to have something that generates power in a dangerous manner, it better provide benefits that are higher than what the safe options have. That is why people use nuclear reactors, because although they can be dangerous they can also generate a huge amount of power.

To put it in perspective, 10 million EU will buy you 10 UUM. That is about 1 diamond. 150 million EU (probably around the cost to run the reactor) would have bought you 150 UUM (I doubt you'd have the scrap to make this more efficient), about 16 diamonds worth. So the Rift generator provides you with about 16 diamonds worth of power over the course of one VERY hectic day. Not unreasonable.

Also, hopefully you put this thing away from other peoples' houses. :)

the problem is that hes AFK himself and then the only player on the World. He cant sleep because hes indeed AFK.

What could you do against these AFK-Admin-Problems? Yes, a bot can solve that problem! I gave him a bot that constantly rightclicks his Bed so that he can go AFK without having to be there to sleep. I should have written a bot that types "/time set 0" into the commandline every 10 minutes but i'm too lazy for doing it now.

That's just hilarious. XD

tesla coil are rather useful however they also tazer you if you get to close and if your not careful and forget to turn them off they usually cause more harm in SMP the safety.

as for aluminuium. you obviously have seen or tampered with military aero-grade aluminum, that stuff is as strong as druable as most steels as long as it's not heated to like 1,500F.

as for new metals, i'm sure once people can come up with enough decent ideas for a new higher tier of machines/generators/tools, then there will be new metals, wether they are mass fabricated or mined. maybe they should be mined but as rare or rarer then uranium and require Iridium Machine Blocks?

Yeah, but what do you make at this point? No point of including a new super high-grade material if there is nothing to make from it. And, I still think there are better options for a high-level iron replacement. I personally think that carbon fiber should have a new role as graphene, which could be made into graphene sheets which are extremely strong.

Well, that explains it. Why would you build a large city at bedrock level if you know slimes spawn down there? And how do you deal with the extreme fog? Why not just build higher up???

My worry with this weapon is that it would be OP. Because the durability bar of the mining laser would be used for the power level, there is (as far as I know) no other way to record the durability of a stabbity thing on the end of it.

Thanks for the reply, Richard. I'll try removing Plasmacraft from the server and seeing if that changes anything.

For 4, I'm not sure if this is appropriate use of cables, but I had 3 40-block-long 4x-insulated HV-cables that ran adjacent to one another. I painted all 3 wires so they were completely separate. My fps dropped from 70 to 45 while looking at them. Not sure if it was the cables themselves or some weird situation I had wired. The cables were not yet connected to anything.

Update: Plasmacraft was the obnoxious one disabling my ability to place buttons, etc. Props to you Richard for nailing the diagnosis. Our MC quality of life is greatly improved!

Pre-macerator: Grinder. Chance to lose the ore being ground.
    Pre-Compressor: Bench Press . Can only compress simple things, no diamonds or alloy here.
    Pre-Extractor: Also Bench Press. Can only do bio/coalfuel and rubber.
    Pre-Canning: Hand Canner. This would be useable even in later tiers, but at reduced efficiency. Does not cost energy, but you get less filled cans than you would if you use the Canner (your terrible motor skills causes you to spill the food you are canning).
    Iron furnace is dandy, and would likely be the only thing made with a lot of iron. This way you could save up for the high-tech tier and still have benefits. You'd likely be able to make all of this stuff with either surface materials or a light mining trip. Some people like to enjoy the benefits of Ic2 without the pressure of having to go and do stuff in order to make cool stuff. I could definitely see room for extending early game by adding these machines.

Chainsaws are more reliable on SMP than nano sabers. Also I don't like flashy things. And chainsaws are really cool.

Yeah, flamethrowers would be totally rad. I'd love to be able to spend my coalfuel cells on something besides jetpacks.

Aaand if you airburst towards the ground you fly up 10 blocks into the air XD