[1.6.4] Gregtech hardmode server

• What's the Problem with the Server?

Also I was just about to join when you updated... great timing.

CH durped something with its control panel last night and I had to start it manually without the proper jvm parameters. Shortly after it was restarted again once the control panel was back to working.

When you think things are hard, they are not.
    What about adding harvestcraft, hunger overhaul and extra utilities extreme darkness (and only that) and passive regeneration off when 1.7 update comes around?

Maybe HO not sure about harvestcraft and certainly not extra utilities for just one feature.

• Iguana Tweaks and /gamerule naturalRegeneration false

Iguana tweaks can discourage suicide for regen, and also makes you spawn with only 2.5 hearts on Hard. It can also make poison do less total damage, but removes the part where it can't normally kill you.

• Iguana Tweaks and /gamerule naturalRegeneration false

Iguana tweaks can discourage suicide for regen, and also makes you spawn with only 2.5 hearts on Hard. It can also make poison do less total damage, but removes the part where it can't normally kill you.

In such case I would never leave my base and only do crops :D

• Official Post

Well, i suppose with hunger overhaul and such, it will estimulate people to gather together.
    Where we could possibly build a town and each player has a "plot" (of at least 64x64, expandable given need and possibility), everyone can build their machinery either alone or together and have public farms.

That would be awesome. I would love to manage a town.

• In my opinion, this is a tech-focussed server and mods such as Hunger Overhaul and Infernal Mobs and Iguana Tweaks are absolutely misplaced.

Why not use all that advanced tech to make it easier to survive in harsh conditions?

• Official Post

Why not use all that advanced tech to make it easier to survive in harsh conditions?

That is one of the reasons. Currently it is easy to survive, while the tech mods provide enough tech to survive in the most harsh conditions, for nothing.
    I'm just against infernal mobs. Those are just plain stupid, i mean, a random mob that has super powers? Come on, i'd rather fight more mobs that are stronger and harder to defeat.

If there is a mob that adds "more creatures" that are effectively dangerous...

• There's already a different server for "hard GT with survival". HO/Harvestcraft are nice mods but incredibly buggy. We also lack MFR/TE/TC and cannot automate them.

Buggy in what way? Haven't seen anything significant in SSP so far.
    As for automation, GT has a bunch of machines for that I believe. Not that it's really needed, actually.

• I like the idea of naturalRegen off, and using PFAA instead of UB. Also we should add chisel and remove GC (who really thinks that fits anyway?). I think we should also add JABBA (are barrels really that OP?) and possibly something like Zombie Awareness (make it a bit more difficult) and Hardcore Ender Expansion (great for servers to make the ender dragon a legitimate challenge). Morpheus would be nice as getting a whole server to sleep is ridiculous.
    To encourage exploration (not just sitting and doing machines the whole time, making survival and expansion worthless) we could add a dungeon mod (and decrease spawn rate by a lot).
    I love the idea of adding Mo Creatures but lag would be an issue.
    Add: naturalRegen off, PFAA, Chisel, JABBA, A dungeon mod/some survival mod, HC Ender Expansion
    Remove: UB, GC and of course IC2 and GT (I mean who uses those anyway) :P
    thats my list of suggestions

• GC posed similar balancing issues, but that was taken care of with minetweaker. Though it doesn't have much in terms of functionality, it does make up in aesthetics, much like carpenters blocks.

• Official Post

I would like ThaumCraft, as it is the most scientific magical mod i have ever seen.
    Also, it would improve the TC4 mod-crossover with GregTech (Guess why).
    If TC4 is added, there is the electric magic tools addon.
    Just make things underpowered and expensive and it should be fine.
    ThaumCraft is also somewhat good aesthetic-wise by the way.

I just wonder why people always go either full magic or full tech, why not Techmaturgy? I loved my Vis hextech reactor (TC3)

Per Fabrica Ad Astra, whenever it comes to a full release, would be a nice addition (substitutes GC completely), alongside GregTech as core mod to gather PFAA resources and stuff.