[1.6.4] Gregtech hardmode server

• Man as soon as the server gets all the MC celebrities I have no time to play D:

fuuuu-

The server is starting to really grow, and I've only been playing for a month or so
    (EDIT: Speaking of which, Inv I still don't exist on the first post :P)
    EDIT Number 2: Server is down.

• Hello All,

It seems that something is upsetting the server, at the moment the logs give me no clue. M3GA crashed it once by opening an unidye generator, not sure if its Unidye or something enet related. I will try to revert to a nightly of 3 days ago. There is only 1 nightly of course...

Edit: Stopping the server normally is not possible either, so something is locking it up.
    Edit2: region file is already 2GB .. takes a while to download
    Edit3: The server has been restarted, however I ran out of time to actually find the problem. This will be continued

Invultri

• If it is Unidye, try removing every Chromatic generator. It might bug on servers. (With 1.7.2, I'll start testing things on servers too).
    The rest has been already used iirc.

• May just be coincidence but every time i open the advMiner it crashes- is m3ga near the new ishi base?

• So I haven't logged in for some time now. Mostly due to IRL stuff.

So I need to update most of my mods, but I can't seem to find a Iron Chest dl that is the right version. On the official dl it only gives me 1.7.2 versions. Could somebody post their version so that I can download it.

TY

Tacos are tasty. Tacos are good for you. I'm a taco. What more do I need to say?

• Server restarted without galacticraft being present. I just logged in to my early electric base and the server did not crash. If this does not work the next victim will be Unidye. I of course did make a backup before taking this drastic action :)

Invultri

• Server restarted without galacticraft being present. I just logged in to my early electric base and the server did not crash. If this does not work the next victim will be Unidye. I of course did make a backup before taking this drastic action :)

Invultri

Fixed it for now. The problem is near ishis old base. Every time M3GA or I logged on we loaded it, so it crashed. So something near there is the issue.

• So I haven't logged in for some time now. Mostly due to IRL stuff.

So I need to update most of my mods, but I can't seem to find a Iron Chest dl that is the right version. On the official dl it only gives me 1.7.2 versions. Could somebody post their version so that I can download it.

TY

IronChest's dl pg has a legacy builds link, click that for 1.6.4

• It looks like its indeed the Unidye chromatic generator. This is the server thread activity during when people are no longer able to connect.

Resolved by disabling the chromatic generator in the config

• HOLY SHIT, how can a Random Generator be abused that much!?! It is just a generic Math Function, nothing fancy.

It kinda depends on where the random is coming from, it is not unlikely that running it on the VPS makes something screwy.

EDIT: I should clarify that statement: If the Random is using access to a hardware (os level) randomizer and that native call blocks due to having not enough entropy to serve new randoms it will be very, very slow. This combined with the chromatic gen wanting a new random every tick might actually starve the entropy and explain the situation we had. The proper solution is to switch to pseudo random generation.

• No Galacticraft?!?

Sure, it's not used that often, but how many players have gotten that far through the tech tree?

I was really looking forward to it. Living in a space station (that's possible right?) was my ultimate goal.

• No Galacticraft?!?

Sure, it's not used that often, but how many players have gotten that far through the tech tree?

I was really looking forward to it. Living in a space station (that's possible right?) was my ultimate goal.

I was as well, but oh well.

I've noticed that not many of us have been on recently (there are newer people on, but nobody older). Every time I go on, there is either nobody online, or only new people (haven't seen Linus on in ages :P). We seem to be spending less and less time on the server. Hopefully the 1.7 update changes this.