How much saturation does a Canned Food and/or a Terra Wart restores?

• the food cans need an overhaul. they need to be reversed. instead of getting more filled cans for some foods, it should take more food to fill one can. I'd love for it to take two steaks per can. that way it condenses the food instead of expanding it.

• The Tin Cans are actually still very useful as they are now. They heal one Heart per Can, and that is very valuable when Natural Regen is turned off.

THEY DO?

Oh god why did I make an extractor first X(

• Ah, is that the reason why you only get one can out of the recipe no matter which food you use? Or is that temporary?

• Anyways, I will eat golden carrots as main nutrient, since they have more nourishment value than canned foods.

I am both particle and wave.

• Official Post

The Tin Cans are actually still very useful as they are now. They heal one Heart per Can, and that is very valuable when Natural Regen is turned off.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOPHAX

• I had to make that change after people complained cans were underpowered. Yes, they were, and still are to a certain degree.

Also kept forgetting to add code to disable the heart heal if naturalRegen is off.

• I very much liked the suggestion to make canned food require multiple food items to make i.e. one steak will fill a can, but it would take 2 carrots. Or something similar. That way cans are a compact way to carry food.

What about having cans with damage values? When you "eat" one, it takes out enough food to fully restore hunger, and leaves leftovers? Then cans could have enough food to fully restore hunger, but not waste any if you eat at half hunger. This could also allow you to refill cans a bit at a time.

• I very much liked the suggestion to make canned food require multiple food items to make i.e. one steak will fill a can, but it would take 2 carrots. Or something similar. That way cans are a compact way to carry food.

What about having cans with damage values? When you "eat" one, it takes out enough food to fully restore hunger, and leaves leftovers? Then cans could have enough food to fully restore hunger, but not waste any if you eat at half hunger. This could also allow you to refill cans a bit at a time.

one steak? I want at least 2!
    I want to compact my food.

• How often do you let your food bar get so low that one steak can't fill it? That's why I advocated one steak, or specifically, food equaling one steak. After that, though, I said it would be even better if we could fill a single can with up to 20 food points (a full bar) and then when you eat the can it fully restores your food bar and removes that much food from the can, allowing you to compress your food (2.5 steaks would fill a can) without wasting it. This seems like it would be easiest to achieve using liquid mechanics, but this is very much not appetizing... though that could factor into a balancing mechanic. Maybe canned food restores hunger, but not very much saturation (because it is nasty nutrition paste, or just because IC2 canning's liquefying processes zap some of the nutrients from it).

• How often do you let your food bar get so low that one steak can't fill it? That's why I advocated one steak, or specifically, food equaling one steak. After that, though, I said it would be even better if we could fill a single can with up to 20 food points (a full bar) and then when you eat the can it fully restores your food bar and removes that much food from the can, allowing you to compress your food (2.5 steaks would fill a can) without wasting it. This seems like it would be easiest to achieve using liquid mechanics, but this is very much not appetizing... though that could factor into a balancing mechanic. Maybe canned food restores hunger, but not very much saturation (because it is nasty nutrition paste, or just because IC2 canning's liquefying processes zap some of the nutrients from it).

soup machine! then the canning machine puts the soup/stew into the can.