Ingame Tech Development

• Hey Guys I think it would be really awesome if a tech tree as well as several minigames for building things. This would add more different aspects in IC2 than hours and hours of crafting (or minutes and minutes with AE :D ). Another point is that it would help the IC2 newbies and starters with ingame descriptions and Tuturials.

• ...So basically your suggestion is: "Introduce minigames, but make it so I don't have to play them"?

Aside from the fact that a "suggestion" post should usually contain an actual suggestion and not just a demand for something you want - did you actually think this one through at all...?

• What kind of miningames? Please elaborate more. How will they help the user? What drawbacks do they have? The IC² suggestion forum is not a wishlist forum, all suggestions here are expected to be somewhat detailed.

If you want minigames, consider designing your own nuclear reactor, that is something that will help you a lot in the long run?

• Under minigames i could imagine that you can build an circuit with something like turning parts to get a connection (like plumbing games)

• Official Post

Minigames, to fit IC² style, are supposed to give different outputs through several different "designs", which makes the point of finding the best design a fun thing to do.
    Btw, you are still not being specific enough, suggestions should be very detailed. [read some of mine]

• I could imagine something like this http://www.google.com/url?sa=i…sf_Q&ust=1384382113820067 just with electronic connections.

the point is I am not specific because i could only think of this and i kinda hoped that others would have more creative ideas and ways to do it (i am not creative)

NO! that type of puzzle is pure laziness

• That puzzle is actually very easy to solve, it is only tedious. People are already complaining that IC² is too tedious.

Anyway, what''s the point of a puzzle if you want a way to automagically solve it?

• Its because you have to do it in the beginning a little. But the point is that if you are able to automate it sometime you wont be too pissed off by it

• Official Post

What I would like is a thaumcraft style research system (where you randomly mush things together, hit them with a hammer, see what happens when you do this or that ect) but for tech instead of magic. ONLY THEN, can it be a real science mod.

• Official Post

i removed thaumcraft after some time and never played it in survival due exceptional stupidity of tech system.

why you need to discover anything when able to assemble reactor with bare hands?

Because steve theorically should be a douche and need to learn about stuff, as currently he automagically learns to do anything, from tech to magic, from possible to impossible, to follow or ignore physics.

I guess i could assemble a reactor with my bare hands (and some tools, which are magically provided by the woody crafting table) if i knew what i were doing.

• Official Post

But we still lack the information about the thing we are building.
    The recipes just explain how to "build" something, not how it works.

As much i'm for the research system, i'm also against it, because it becomes tedious to do the same research over and over.
    Thats why i think that researches should be player-based [any research that you completed would be valid forever], because of that , researches would take significantly longer, having all possible scientific basis. That way we could probably teach people the history of industry.

• Official Post

People would get sick of it after the first time they went through as it would all be the same. Which version of Thaumcraft are you wanting to base the research off?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

People would get sick of it after the first time they went through as it would all be the same. Which version of Thaumcraft are you wanting to base the research off?

Thats why i said that researches should be directly linked to the player, where they only have to go through the research only once (or more if he resets that information intentionally), independant of worlds saves.

• Official Post

Thats why i said that researches should be directly linked to the player, where they only have to go through the research only once (or more if he resets that information intentionally), independant of worlds saves.

Actually a really good idea, no idea how you'd actually do that, but a cool idea. How would you research stuff, random things hammered together?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Actually a really good idea, no idea how you'd actually do that, but a cool idea. How would you research stuff, random things hammered together?

Based on fact that TC needs to do research but also based on scientific method, where you have to test "random" stuff related to what you are doing.
    Like electrostatic charge, to find out about electricity and its behavior.
    Basically, it would be a copypaste of our own scientific advance on electricity and electronics, somewhat simplified so everyone can understand.