Ingame Tech Development

• Official Post

Getting killed from zapping yourself with your new electricity too right?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Well, researches could be player-file based, where you have one in the config of IC², and that one keeps all our information about your researches.
    Also, the research file should be easily located and transferred/copied to other computers/MC installations if needed.
    Or making an online cloud storage where it is constantly updated and downloaded (once IC² detects that player on a new MC environment).

• Official Post

Well, researches could be player-file based, where you have one in the config of IC², and that one keeps all our information about your researches.
    Also, the research file should be easily located and transferred/copied to other computers/MC installations if needed.

Or making an online cloud storage where it is constantly updated and downloaded (once IC² detects that player on a new MC environment).

I'd say cloud would be best, and a local copy made too, so you can still play offline. It would probably update like any 1.6 library seems to now.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Getting killed from zapping yourself with your new electricity too right?

That could be the research for tesla coils and/or insulation, to prevent that.
    Where you have to deal electrical damage to living thingies (that includes you), not necessarily death.

• Official Post

That could be the research for tesla coils and/or insulation, to prevent that.
    Where you have to deal electrical damage to living thingies (that includes you), not necessarily death.

If this ever does get considered, we'll need a seperate post for all these ideas to be collected :)

I see this too much.

• getting zapped 10 times to open insulation tech?

die 10 times from radiation to open hazmat?

such "tech" system will be fun only single day - day of update release, tomorrow it will be disabled everywhere and if disabling not possible - pathed out.

• Official Post

getting zapped 10 times to open insulation tech?

die 10 times from radiation to open hazmat?

such "tech" system will be fun only single day - day of update release, tomorrow it will be disabled everywhere and if disabling not possible - pathed out.

Realistically yes, but for that first day, it will be the best thing ever. Like the Wii U was

I see this too much.

• I really like the idea, but what about that you need to stand on a carpet and open a door to discover electricity (static electricity) (i first thought struck by lightning but that is just too rare) and that you need to use amber (a new item found in dungeon chests, but you would also able to use TC4 amber if TC4 amber is in the OreDictionary) to "experiment" with electricity?

• not once, you will be forced to do it on every server you want to play.

you will be forced again if server wiped.

you will be forced again if something changed.

Cloud storage and local backup?

• Official Post

Cloud storage and local backup?

Both, alongside it being a simple text file called "IC2research", where you can edit it to enable all researches.
    Second option, IC² config, "researchesrequirement=false"

Also, please read our posts properly. Me and chocohead, now epiclulz, have mentioned researches linked to player usernames (so you do it only once) several times.

• and how you going to upload this data on remote servers?

what about LAN players, what about players without real internet?

what about players with pirated game?

what about players who changed name?

this "suggestion" will introduce nothing but stupid grinding.

• Official Post

A simple text file called "IC2research", where you can edit it to enable all researches.
    Second option, IC² config, "researchesrequirement=false"

• Official Post

what about players with pirated game?

It's there own fault for not buying it. If it works good, if it doesn't then too bad :P

I see this too much.

• Maybe you could do it like a game called alchemy, but instead of mixing elements, you "mix" scientific theories, Blocks, etc. in a drag an drop system. I am really happy that my idea developed already this far. Maybe it would give some people (GregorousTechnicus) the possibility to make IC2 even more complex advanced and fun

• Official Post

grinding != fun

Thats your opinion, i have to say, it might (and is) different from many others.
    Also, people may not consider researches as grinding, but a discovery, where they are able to learn about real life physics and such.
    Not to mention that you would only do that once, if all suggested precautions are followed.

• to learn about real life physics and such

are you kidding?
    current system have NOTHING with IRL physics;
    there is nothing to discuss, if something like this implemented without option to disable it i will post 0day patch.

• 1. There are simalaities, for example please look uup the IC2 system for nuclear reactors.
    2. qCraft introduced Quantum physics in Minecaft lets support Education in Minecraft!