• I really think it would be awesome if IC2 Machines, and Blocks would use costum 3D Models for example like some Atomic Science Machines. If you want to make it short you could just use the CodeChickenLib from Chickenbones i think it contains modeling it would also give you the possibility to import them out of resourcePacks

• I really think it would be awesome if IC2 Machines, and Blocks would use costum 3D Models for example like some Atomic Science Machines. If you want to make it short you could just use the CodeChickenLib from Chickenbones i think it contains modeling it would also give you the possibility to import them out of resourcePacks

Please don't be stupid, the only dependency IC² will need is Forge for the near future. Any other dependency would be a hassle for the end-user.

And IC² has more important features to implement that fancy graphics (which may lag the lower-end computers), such as fixing the E-Net.

• Nope, OP has a good point. I have been lurking many communities since last official update and a lot of people claimed they have decided not to use IC2 because its visual side haven't changed much during the last three years.

• ...You realize it literally just got an entirely new set of completely redone textures, yes? In 32x resolution, even?

Less lurking, more gameplaying :D

• Official Post

I don't even like the new textures, the old ones worked, apart from the MFE and Magnetiser.

Even newer ones it unnecessary.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Here is what I think.
    I personally like the new textures, the old ones were just well... old.
    As far as actual 3D models go, It should be added as an add on. I think that overly detailed 3D models take away from the "blockiness" of minecraft.

For those of you that prefer the old textures, I suggest keeping a copy of the old textures and just porting them over.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Official Post

For those of you that prefer the old textures, I suggest keeping a copy of the old textures and just porting them over.

What do you think I end up going, the worst thing is for the newer machines that don't even have old looking textures. I end up making them myself :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I personally like the new textures, but I agree that 3D models are out of place in the world of Minecraft. Yeah, they're neat to look at, but meh...I'll stick with my blocks, thank you.

• Please don't be stupid, the only dependency IC² will need is Forge for
    the near future. Any other dependency would be a hassle for the
    end-user.

Yes but since we are using the 1.6 launcher platform every mod is (as far as i know) capable of downloading its own libs.

and also the models i am talking about can still be "blocky" thats why it would be awesome to support that ressourcepacks then everybody gwets what he likes

• Another way would be multiblock structures. This would change the price. off course it would be more expensive to build more blocks.

• If the "models" were blocky then it wouldn't be a model, but just a texture.

Also, are you aware that IC² recently got a texture makeover? I don't think it would be kind for SirusKing to replace the texture all over again for barely three months.

Multiblock structures are unnecessary at the moment. They are not that expensive (e.g. Xycraft multi-tanks which are dirt cheap) and there is no need for multiblocks when the current blocks are sufficient. Multiblocks structures are planned, but the current blocks have too basic functionality to build multiblocks, which are large and take up space. Multiblocks may also cause lag if not coded properly.

Finally, IC² has more important things such as functionality to fix right now, fancy graphics can come later.

• You are probably right, textures are the last step. and also you can build everything out of blocks you just have to scale it right. And yes I am aware of the texture makeover

• Official Post

the Only model i am making is for the mining laser and plasma gun and they won't be super detailed, just not flat. I might do the same for the rest of the electric tools