Re-re-visting the airship concept

• Pretty sure archimedes ships has airships as much as you could want. Best thing IC2 could do was make them require power.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• But you cant activate redstone while in airship mode. I was thinking of a mobile, airborne, base.

Using power would be preferable. Shouldn't be able to fly around for free after all :P

• The thing is, entities that you can build on are incredibly hard to do, especially if you want things like redstone.

• Maybe create a pocket dimension where the ship is, but with the actual dimensions of the ship, and the locations will be recalculated everytime someone/something attempts to enter/exit the ship.

• What about just making a hypertech-subspace technobabbley Ender-based engine, that consumes tons of power to teleport an entire structure hundreds of blocks in one go? Even with my limited understanding of code this sounds much simpler to implement

• performance is main issue, how your PC will feel with 10-20 such "objects" appeard on screen at same time?

Unsafe.putObject(42,Unsafe.staticFieldOffset(42.getDeclaredFields()[42]),43);

• One of the reasons i thought teleporting-core idea could be more workable is that it should be dramatic-taking a few seconds from activation to actual work, not being easy to spam (cooldown/recharging), and making a momentary lag spike rather than prolong server-stuttering hundred-blocks made superentity moving across the landscape can potentially do..

• Didn't redpower give you the ability to do this with frames?

Read the thread and use some common sense:

1. RedPower is still 1.4.7 (unless you use Project Red or RiM or MFFS or AppEng)
    2. You can't interact with machines and redstones while moving.
    3. Frames inevitably break stuff.

• That seems to be useful, but it may be a bit laggy, since 2 dimensions are active at one time, on SSP.