[1.6.4] A Survivor's Handbook: Dealing with Hardmode Gregtech

• This guide has been EXTREMELY helpful, it's helped on every step of the way. In the electroindustrial era, the EU storage portion with the large charger, is one suppose to manually maintain it? Meaning the energy pack in the first slot will drain, but once said pack is empty, the second one will not empty until the previous one is removed, if that makes any sense.

• This guide has been EXTREMELY helpful, it's helped on every step of the way. In the electroindustrial era, the EU storage portion with the large charger, is one suppose to manually maintain it? Meaning the energy pack in the first slot will drain, but once said pack is empty, the second one will not empty until the previous one is removed, if that makes any sense.

I never had this bug, but you aren't the only one experiencing this issue. Probably an inter-mod thing breaking it. Post in the GT thread.

• I must say, I cannot wait for the high-tech era section to come up. I'm ALMOST to the stainless steel age, and this guide has helped so much. I never would have even seen things like the wiremill, or the cheaper recipes for circuits. I was fairly bad at Gregtech, this is incredibly useful! Thanks for making it!

One thing you might want to make a little note of for the mid-eras is, the transformers need one per machine, if you're stepping from an MFE down to power your blast furnace or electrolyzer. A transformer would take the HV down to 128 eu/t TOTAL over ALL outputs. This leads to the "insufficient energy line" issue. Asked around and found out why that was happening. I had my MFE connected to my electrolyzer, grinder, and blast furnace, with a single MV transformer to step it down. I was used to the 1.4 and 1.5 way of doing it, in which that would work. Each of them kept stopping, and while my grinder would be able to just say it was insufficient once and then finish it, my blast furnace just devoured my energy. Placing a transformer directly against them and removing the one connected to the MFE fixed the problem.

• Nonotan, do you offer tips towards mass production of just about everything GregTech has to offer? Let's not forget Adventure Maps for scenarios such as inventory management, efficient crafting, and knowing your tools.

• Hey, how do you know when you're in an extreme hills biome? Do they start/end at a certain height? I have BoP so I dunno if that's screwing with it, but I can never find them in normal games, either. I've googled but that's given scant information.

• Hey, how do you know when you're in an extreme hills biome? Do they start/end at a certain height? I have BoP so I dunno if that's screwing with it, but I can never find them in normal games, either. I've googled but that's given scant information.

The wiki is fantastic. It lists all modded biomes too.

• This really depends on the modpack. With just IC2/GT there's the advanced miner for getting resources, crafting is obviously something that you ought to do using AE.

Miners (most mods), bees (Forestry+addons), IC2 crops, any combo. You will need mods other than GT. Oh, also UU and EE, and the like (depends on modpack like nonotan said)

• Can't wait for the quantum era! Also, if I may ask, would you be able to do a short guide on nuclear power? I've looked up some guides, and I either can't find any for 1.6.4, or they have links to a diagram which I don't totally understand. Either way, this guide has been incredibly useful, can't wait for the next update.

• This is incredibly useful!
    I don't know that I have to build a Bronze Blast Furnace until see this :D

BTW, can I translate this article to other languages and re-post it to other forums?

• This is incredibly useful!
    I don't know that I have to build a Bronze Blast Furnace until see this :D

BTW, can I translate this article to other languages and re-post it to other forums?

Been quiet recently, just a gentle reminder to finish :P
    And about re-posting it, I don't see why not if you credit and link nonotan in the post then post where you posted the translate version.... correct me if im wrong

• Sadly, Nonotan has been missing for a while now. Looks like this guide won't get updated unless someone else does something similar, or he comes back.

• Do you think you are going to do a survivor's handbook for 1.7.2? I'm not talking about any time soon because I seems like it takes alot of time to make these but this one helped me alot through 1.6.4

• Do you think you are going to do a survivor's handbook for 1.7.2? I'm not talking about any time soon because I seems like it takes alot of time to make these but this one helped me alot through 1.6.4

Most likely not for a while. He has posted once in the last three months and I think that real life is consuming him. You can try to make one if you like or make a template and let others add info.

• You never talked about slimes.
    on my single player world I made a slime farm on the underground instead of searching rubber trees
    getting bunch of slime balls and smelt them into resin for further use.
    also you can get exp from those slimes
    so I don't need to go swamp anymore(until I want to make a swamp house farm)

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• alked about slimes.
    on my single player world I made a slime farm on the underground instead of searching rubber trees
    getting bunch of slime balls and smelt them into resin for further use.
    also you can get exp from those slimes
    so I don't need to go sw

Can you put that in the new thread? :) Please?