Extremely Efficient Reactor (But VERY expensive) Design

• If you are going to use Condensators, you may as well go big and do this.

But the thing with condensators is their obscene running cost. For survival, either of these reactors would be an absolute nightmare to keep fed and would result in a net loss of energy if trying to replenish it through UUM replication.

• How exactly do you define 3 out of 7 as "extremely efficient"? You can get more than that with single cells in a 0-chamber reactor that doesn't need a single condensator...

• Lapis isn't that big of a deal. I could throw stacks into lava at this point. I needed a use for it, and I thought this would work

• YOU MONSTER!!! MCGamer would kill you for throwing Lapis into Lava!

Tell him to bite us, because I've been on worlds where I've had a similar issue like that as well, lol...

(Although, since you made IC2 coolant require Lapis, I find that the trend will definitely change hopefully, lol...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Stacks? That's what you think. You'll need a few million just to run a few cycles.

Nah, the one he linked only takes about 10.75 stacks per cycle because all the fuel rods are separate.

Now, Jax' suggestion, on the other hand...

• If you're going to go all-out with condensators, you might as well do something like this:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…6ksm8atlqvvuvh2sicdiw7u2o
    which chows through nine thick neutronreflectors and nearly three thousand lapis every cycle.

But really, condensators are a big traps, because the lapis required to refill them takes a serious amount of UU-matter- and thus EU- to produce. I'm not sure how much EU a lapis costed before the UUM revamp in IC2-experimental, and I'm even less sure now, but I can almost guarantee you that it's not trivial. Same goes for neutronreflectors.

If you're using genetically modified ExtraBees in alvearies, then you certainly could produce the lapis every three seconds that you need to run any condensator-based reactor, but that's outside the scope of IC2, so we usually ignore it.

Although, I must point out, efficiency 3 wasn't half bad back in the days before multicells. Now, though, you can almost get to efficiency 7 without reflectors- so 4 or 5 has been "not half bad" since Minecraft 1.3, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, as I wasn't a part of the IC2 community back then.

If you stare at my avatar hard enough, you'll notice that it consists of three triangular rings, interlocked in such a way that if you were to remove any one of them, the other two would be free to float apart.