Experimental Recipe problem

• Hey all... I have been using build 307 with craftguide and all seemed to be ok. Now i have been trying to use a new build and the recipes that show up in craftguide are not working. An example would be the basic machine casing: when using 307 it was 8 iron plates, when using 345 craftguide shows 6 iron plates but that does not work. If i use the old recipe of 8 iron plates that does work even though the recipe shows up wrong.

I am using a clean down load of minecraft and a 1.6.4 profile with forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965 ( I have also tried build 336 and have the same problem)
    I am sure I am doing something wrong but just don;t know what LOL.

If anybody has any ideas I would really appreciate the help :D

Thanks!

• Official Post

Craft guide bug, since the recipe hasn't changed. Unless it's IC2 adding craft guide support that is.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hmm interesting... maybe there is a newer version or older version of craftguide that would work better then... or the version of forge perhaps. Odd but very annoying :cursing:

• The Experimental Recips are crap.

I mean, 16 Diamonds for a MFE ? Crap Crap Crap.

Or

the way for a Solarpanel is to long. The Last Recipe was better.

Please add a Line in the config to deactivate the new recipes or make a alternativ Version vor 1.6.4

Thanks.

• Official Post

The Experimental Recips are crap.

I mean, 16 Diamonds for a MFE ? Crap Crap Crap.

It's storage capacity is waaaaaaay higher, don't like it? Just make lots of CESUs.

the way for a Solarpanel is to long. The Last Recipe was better.

That hasn't changed at all.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• It's storage capacity is waaaaaaay higher, don't like it? Just make lots of CESUs.

That hasn't changed at all.

CESU ?

The Way is longer. I must make Copper Cable with a Cutter und a Hammer.

I have seen Fiber Cable needs 8 Diamonds ? LOL.

Wenn Ihr keine Lust mehr habt denn Mod zu Programmieren dann lasst es. Aber Leuten denn Spaß an denn Mod zu verderben ist nicht der Richtige weg.

I think about to Delete this Mod. The material is not relative to each other

• Official Post

I have seen Fiber Cable needs 8 Diamonds ? LOL.

Hmmm, some one hasn't done their maths right :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Ok, 4 Diamonds for 9 Energium Dust. Is this new ? It was in a older Version less ?
    My Old Version was from 15.12.2013. I have now Updated.

Indeed, welcome to the future :thumbup:

I see this too much.

• I absolutely like the direction the experimental version is going to. The current IC2 basically gives you tons of resources within the first few hours of gameplay, and then you sit there with tons of ingots and have nothing else to do. Taking things a little slower and especially not doing the double-ore thing is definitely a good thing imo.

The current recipes are... strange. I completely agree that having to use a hammer to ... fold? the ingot, then again feels strange and is tedious, especially since the hammer will break every now and then. My personal rule for mod design is: if it doesn't add fun to the game, don't do it. And I don't see the hammer thing being entertaining in any way. Why can't I just make the machine out of iron ingots? Resource-wise it's the same, just less annoying.

• I absolutely like the direction the experimental version is going to. The current IC2 basically gives you tons of resources within the first few hours of gameplay, and then you sit there with tons of ingots and have nothing else to do. Taking things a little slower and especially not doing the double-ore thing is definitely a good thing imo.

The current recipes are... strange. I completely agree that having to use a hammer to ... fold? the ingot, then again feels strange and is tedious, especially since the hammer will break every now and then. My personal rule for mod design is: if it doesn't add fun to the game, don't do it. And I don't see the hammer thing being entertaining in any way. Why can't I just make the machine out of iron ingots? Resource-wise it's the same, just less annoying.

I guess the reason is because it may conflict with other mods that use iron ingots - that's why it used Refined Iron prior. You're still using resources or energy to make them, however crafting plates (a few ticks) instead of smelting ingots (10 seconds) is much faster.

• I guess the reason is because it may conflict with other mods that use iron ingots - that's why it used Refined Iron prior.

That's a good point. This could be solved however, by adding one mod specific item to all basic recipes like the machine block. For example if the recipe would include a circuit in the center (and 8 iron around) this could never conflict with any other mod, as the circuit is unique to IC2. In addition this would make a lot more sense and explain why this is a machine block. In the end all recipe even now do use a circuit, just one step later, so resource-wise it is the same.

• If you compare it to GT, it's really a bit lackluster. GT has a 2:1 ratio and a hammer, which is really lossy for your first few machines. The Steam Forge Hammer takes the hammer away, leaving you with a 2:1 ratio. Then, the Plate Bending Machine brings you to the 1:1 ratio, you have a curve of rewards, while IC2's plates don't really scale anywhere to a point that makes it feel less tedious and feel like you achieved something (rather, the forge hammer is seen as an annoyance before you get the metal former, then a challenge for you to get the metal former).

For Unidye, I also have my own material, just to make my recipes a bit more unique and to make them recognisable as added by my mod.

• You just need to be careful to not make the whole thing too Terrafirma-craft. Or as a friend of mine once said: "I am playing Minecraft to build things, and not to figure out how I could potentially build something in a few days for countless, tedious hours!"

This is something where RedPower went down the perfect path game-dev-wise: you got a hand full of block which were easy to make, but you could assemble them in so many different ways, that even after days of playing "Lego" with these simple blocks, you still had that one new idea the next day and never had the feeling that the game plays against you.

• Official Post

while IC2's plates don't really scale anywhere to a point that makes it feel less tedious and feel like you achieved something (rather, the forge hammer is seen as an annoyance before you get the metal former, then a challenge for you to get the metal former).

The forge hammer is a limited use instant plate maker, the metal former takes time but will last forever.

I see this too much.