[Port][1.7.10] IC2 Classic by Immibis - now 1.7.10

• Hey Immibis, (assuming you're still here in some capacity,)

I've been having a great time with this mod on a server I run. I've been having slight problems with it, though. The client side keeps crashing when a user tries to open a machine's GUI, and it keeps throwing fairly generic Forge GUI errors. At the same time, though, the server throws this out:

Code
    [Server thread/WARN] [IC2-Classic]: API ERROR: ic2classic.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityMacerator@3b46b08e didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

Perhaps relatedly, energy storage machines being drained keep flipping between showing the correct values in their GUIs and showing negative version of those correct values.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up. I'd love to see an update that addresses these issues, but I can keep using the current version for now. The crashes are just a pain in the ass!

Keep it up, man. This is an awesome thing you're doing.

• Immibis version is discontinued, speiger is now updating them, pls go check them out ;)

• I did, they don't really work for what I'm doing. Also, I read back through this thread, and I didn't actually see Immibis say he was stopping anywhere, and I'd much rather see a new version from him that I can update directly to than swap over to Speiger's.

• Official Post

You'll have to poke immbis on IRC or on the FTB forums to get a response quickly, he doesn't visit here all that much anymore.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I did, they don't really work for what I'm doing. Also, I read back through this thread, and I didn't actually see Immibis say he was stopping anywhere, and I'd much rather see a new version from him that I can update directly to than swap over to Speiger's.

Do not think that is directly promotion for my version...

First of all Immibis is not working on it since he saw that i did update it. (I did tell him how to solve his problems and he said: "Do it yourself"),
    Second: My IC2 Classic version is way stabler then Immibis can ever be. (If he would update) At leaste if he continue his route. Reason? He uses a Shiftet area and Simulate a IC2 Exp. I do not simulate a IC2 Exp, i do make a close version of IC2 Exp, which is working with the api and most mods. Also i fixed a lot of his old bugs, which are at some part still in his version, still upgradeing/progressing through it and talk to other modDevs to make the compatiblity even bigger...
    There are still some bugs insisde my version (i do not deny that) but you do not need to worry that something crashes if you are not making something corretly...

And swaping would cause not that much problems... You lose only the IC2 Blocks and Items but since every recipe is oredictionaried you can use other mod ores/ingots to work still after swaping stuff...

• And swaping would cause not that much problems... You lose only the IC2 Blocks and Items but since every recipe is oredictionaried you can use other mod ores/ingots to work still after swaping stuff...

Yeah, but that would mean losing all the infrastructure everyone on my server has been working on. Not to mention, I'm using an extensively customized ore distribution, which is set up for Immibis' version. Nothing against your version, it would just be a huge pain to swap over on an established server.

You'll have to poke immbis on IRC or on the FTB forums to get a response quickly, he doesn't visit here all that much anymore.

What IRC channel does he hang out on? I haven't used IRC in ages.

• Yeah, but that would mean losing all the infrastructure everyone on my server has been working on. Not to mention, I'm using an extensively customized ore distribution, which is set up for Immibis' version. Nothing against your version, it would just be a huge pain to swap over on an established server.

As long you can live with a extremly limited Classic version which is not supportet anymore, have fun ^^. And your trouble is simply solved: Creative Mode helps for a swap.

What IRC channel does he hang out on? I haven't used IRC in ages.

I think it is called Immibis. Not sure was not long there in his room.

• As long you can live with a extremly limited Classic version which is not supportet anymore, have fun ^^. And your trouble is simply solved: Creative Mode helps for a swap.

I'm running a semi-competitive survival server. My users are... prolific. I could not replace everything with the equivalents from your mod without WAY too much effort. I don't suppose you could release a modified version of Immibis' mod, using its mod ID, with on-tick behaviour to replace his blocks and items with yours? So that it could be installed in the place of his latest version, and whenever a block was loaded it would replace itself with the proper equivalent from your mod? That would make things a lot easier. Might be a bit of a hassle to make, though, just by volume of block classes if not by coding complexity.

• I'm running a semi-competitive survival server. My users are... prolific. I could not replace everything with the equivalents from your mod without WAY too much effort. I don't suppose you could release a modified version of Immibis' mod, using its mod ID, with on-tick behaviour to replace his blocks and items with yours? So that it could be installed in the place of his latest version, and whenever a block was loaded it would replace itself with the proper equivalent from your mod? That would make things a lot easier. Might be a bit of a hassle to make, though, just by volume of block classes if not by coding complexity.

I can not make a fake simulation that my mod is immibis mod. Reason he uses a Modid and fake IC2s ModID... I do use IC2s Modid... and can not fake any modID easy...

I have a solution for that... It is a really dirty one and create a little bit of lag... (Because it uses Retrogen)
    But i could write a SubMod that would make every block from Immibis into a Storage Container (with important data, Like facing and meta and co) and then if you remove immibis mod only these storage containers stay... Then you install my version and he converts all these Storage Containers into my version... (Note Inventories from IC2 Classic would be lost... Also Energy could be lost)
    That covers all Placed Blocks in the World...
    To the Items. I could simply go through the Placed blocks through and Exchange the Items... But they would lose all their Energy (if MC do not like my way but that would not be a problem),
    Problem here: AE Things would not work really with that... Since i can not read the TileEntity data and enxchange how it should be... So that could be solved by simply adding a Storage Chest that (Accepts infiniteItems and put them into storage)
    And then Exports everything when it is done...

Is that an Option for you? I can not say that it will work 100% but more then removeing everything and then rebuild it...

• Have an update!

• Renamed many API methods to avoid conflicts. (If you have any of the exactly 0 mods that use the IC2 Classic API, then you'll need to update those)
    • Fixed the extra garbage text in seed bag tooltips.
    • Fixed rubber tree leaves evaporating.
    • Fixed two secret recipes that should have used the ore dictionary, but didn't.
    • Fixed drills and chainsaws being unusually slow on some blocks. (Blame Notch)
    • Fixed diamond drill recipe not working.
    • Made sure Nuclear Control, GraviSuite, and Advanced Solar Panels work with the compatibility module.
    • Fixed electric tools being enchantable. (Armour still is, since it seems less weird - in particular, most of the armour enchantments just add more protection)

Also, what's everyone's favourite version of GregTech before GT5? (GT5 was the rewrite where every machine was tiered and GT had its own energy system)

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited 2 times, last by immibis ().

• Official Post

*drops 3 held coffee cups*

:O You're back! Gregtech 2 or 3 I'd say.

Are you going to fix SMP for the compat too?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead ().

• Oh dayum you are back :D

GT2 to 4

Also, our team is already making a GT classic, it's techReborn, go check it out, if we team toghether, I am pretty sure we will have amazing results :D

• Fixed drills and chainsaws being unusually slow on some blocks. (Blame Notch)

No comment...

Fixed diamond drill recipe not working.

Almost every recipe that has a EU Container in the recipe would not work because of Metadata check...
    Also cool that you do not transfer the EU in your Crafting Recipes...

Made sure Nuclear Control, GraviSuite, and Advanced Solar Panels work with the compatibility module.

Gravitiy Suit and Advanced Solar Pannels is not that hard to fix...
    Nuclear Control... Well did you check his source and the functions he call to enable the IC2 Plugin (inside of Nuclear Control)?
    Also cool to see that you are still behind the fluid Update :)

• Well i could make a long story about that...
    Short version:
    Immibis responded only because people yelled at him somewhere else so he made a little fix (which are bugs he made himself and blame other for that...) and then leave again...
    No thanks...

• I'm the only one with the mod sorting problem when using ic2 classic and compat api? I cannot get past this problem.

EDIT:
    BTW, what is the best ic2 classic? This from immibis or from speiger?

• EDIT:
    BTW, what is the best ic2 classic? This from immibis or from speiger?

That depends on wether or not you like stuff getting fixed, getting support, etc...

Not saying Immibis version is bad, heck, I didn't even try it... But clearly, Speiger version gets more updates and more support. Your call.

Keep up the good work, Speiger.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]