1.6.x to 1.7.x block ID discussion

• Hello,

i want to ask what will happen if i try to transfer my map to 1.7.x including mods. Will newer version somehow recognize and change all IDs from map to new "ID_AS_NAME" system? Or do i need some kind of special program to alter all my IDs in world to corresponding IDnames?

• Most likely not. ID system, from what I understand, is non-existent in the 1.7 version of Minecraft. So I don't think it is a simple conversion of your world from 1.6 to 1.7...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Hello,

i want to ask what will happen if i try to transfer my map to 1.7.x including mods. Will newer version somehow recognize and change all IDs from map to new "ID_AS_NAME" system? Or do i need some kind of special program to alter all my IDs in world to corresponding IDnames?

Forge has it own inbuilt saved map for minecraft and mod blocks/items, it was added at some point in 1.6. I know I'm the one that prodded lex and cpw to slowly implement it. All going well it should transfer over.
    However, due to the massive changes Mojang made to worldgen, your going to have issues with biome seams etc if you explore chunks that haven't generated yet.

You could always screenshot/write down what you had on your old map, and just cheat yourself it all into a new 1.7.2 map.

// First, try to add to a nearby chest
    // Second, try to add to adjacent pipes
    // Lastly, throw the object away
    code comments in Buildcraft litterbug quarry

• Forge has it own inbuilt saved map for minecraft and mod blocks/items, it was added at some point in 1.6. I know I'm the one that prodded lex and cpw to slowly implement it. All going well it should transfer over.
    However, due to the massive changes Mojang made to worldgen, your going to have issues with biome seams etc if you explore chunks that haven't generated yet.

You could always screenshot/write down what you had on your old map, and just cheat yourself it all into a new 1.7.2 map.

Well i am talking about whole map with thousands of wires, microblocks, structures and systems. My whole E.R.A.M. project.

EDIT: Btw there is no ID list in ic2 config file? (1.7.x)

• Block/Item ids are a thing of the past, they'll be auto-assigned internally. FML should pull the IDs from old maps automatically.

So if i understand it correctly FML will recognize all ids from "xxx" mod and assign new (ID_NAMES)?
    Does this process 100% rely on forge or will it be different per mod?
    I did try to test this with latest ic2 but it didnt work. Maybe this system is not ready yet i dunno. I will wait quietly watching gods doing their job. :)

(I am honored to get answer by mighty "player". :love: )

• one thing that must happen is you must go from 1.6.4 to 1.7.2. you can not skip 1.6.4
    also mods must register their stuff properly with FML's system for conversion in 1.6.4

• Hi there,
    I am wondering if you ever got this figured out.
    I, too, am trying to update a save world from 1.6.4 to 1.7.10, running about 20 mods.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    As it stands now, when I load the world, all the air is replaced by Bibliocraft lamps and most other blocks are incorrect...

• Cool, thank you for the reply!
    I did have it running on the latest Forge, and pretty sure the latest 1.6.4 IC2 Exp... but I will try now removing mods to see if there are just a few who are not playing nice.

Good to know that it 'should' be possible. I was beginning to think it was moot.

• Did you make any progress elliot_z?

I've been trying to do the same thing: 1.6.4 --> 1.7.10 and have had all air replaced with Steam Generators, which is... interesting. Removing IC2 completely, left Railcraft kind of working, but still ending up with all Inventory rail types being replaced with a generic rail.something (I can't remember the exact name). And block rails (i.e. rails on the ground) were also replaced with other rail types.

And the map wont save with IC2, of course, as it's trying to save a *lot* of Steam Generators. A lot of the other items, both in IC2 and Railcraft, seemed to be correct though.

I was running 1.6.4 via Magic Launcher and am now just trying to run 1.7.10 normally. Also, Forge for 1.6.4 is 1.6.4-9.11.1.965

I've just checked Forge ( http://files.minecraftforge.ne…ge/forge/index_1.6.4.html ) and there's a 9.11.1.1345 just released on 03/28/2015, but that says it a Fix for java8 u20 and in theory I have 1.8.0_40.

I wonder if using 9.11.1.1345 help?
    Is it necessary to go from 1.6.4 --> 1.7.2 then 1.7.2 --> 1.7.10?

I'll keep messing around, but I wondered if you'd made any progress?

Oh, yeah... and I'm new here, so Hi All : o )

• Hey there Avalanche,
    No, I have not had any further developments, unfortunately.
    I didn't think about trying to go to 1.7.2 first.... hmmm.

Have you had any luck?

• Not yet elliot_z, but I haven't looked at it again after 1.7.10 didn't work.

Before the 1.7.10 attempt, I'd been using Magic Launcher, which adds Forge, OptiFine and the Mods themselves on the fly (you probably know all of this), so it was easier to mess around with different versions of Minecraft and Forge. To go back to 1.7.2, I'd need to start again with a brand new/clean installation of Minecraft and install a different version of Forge. The point is though, I've been playing Pillars of Eternity instead : o )

I will get around to it, as I've had the same world for literally years, covering many versions of Minecraft, but with The Witcher 3 coming up, it may be a little while before I get back to Minecraft. It will happen. It always does.

I'll update here whether I make progress or not.

I wondered if adding something like Not Enough Items to 1.6.4 (which I still have) would help. I've not been following NEI, so I don't even know if it's relevant anymore. I wondered if then adding NEI to 1.7.2 or 1.7.10 would deal with item preservation any better. I'll get 'round to experimenting at some point. Trying 1.7.2 will be my first step though.

• Not yet elliot_z, but I haven't looked at it again after 1.7.10 didn't work.

I'll update here whether I make progress or not.

Hey there Avalanche,

Did you ever get an upgrade from 1.6.4 to 1.7.10 working?
    I would love some help with this. Still can't get the old world into 1.7.10.

Thanks!

• Hey there Avalanche,

Did you ever get an upgrade from 1.6.4 to 1.7.10 working?
    I would love some help with this. Still can't get the old world into 1.7.10.

Thanks!

I kinda played The Witcher 3 instead : o )

I was actually just thinking about getting Minecraft back up and running again and thought I'd check back here to see if there was any news, but nothing from me. If I do have any news or thoughts or what-have-you, then I'll let you know. I often get sidetracked when Minecraft is down, but I always get it back up and running at some point, so it might still be a while yet, but I'll report back sooner or later. I still want to get 1.7.10 working.

• Player it seems like you're famous.
    Too bad it took you month to figure out a name for the pulling upgrade, you are stuck in my top 30 less to most famous Mc people now :p

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded