[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• [19:32:19 INFO]: Client> [19:32:19] [Netty Client IO #3/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [] at CLIENT
    [19:32:20 INFO]: Client> [19:32:20] [Netty Client IO #0/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [] at CLIENT

i have seen the last 2 hours that 3 people are online.
    i think that the server is in someway half crashed.

• Official Post

Pretty sure it's crashed.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Strange, it was fine when I was using it earlier today......
    Ah well, guess I can get onto revision..

Hmm, I'm actually starting to lose interest in the whole debate of PFAA vs GT. I still prefer GT, but I may change my vote if it'll get us a resolution faster. MAY.

Edit: Actually, looks like the poll ends tonight at 11pm (my time, so 4 hours from now).

• There is a system to mining GT ores, I spent last systematically night mapping veins. There are randoms, sure, but there are dependable ranges of some of the randoms; I've managed to find veins in about 50-66% of shafts I dug. I have 6 or 7 earlymid- to latemid-game *large* veins just standing by to be dug up when it looks like they'll be useful. (apatite, grossular/spessartine, tantalite, iron, nickel, coal)

Not that it matters at all if we're constantly getting this server-killing crash. It even makes the server keep saying that there are 3 players on, despite being dead.

• In regards to the crashed server: Invultri will look into it as soon as he is ready with his work, which will be at least another hour (info from irc).

• Official Post

Hurray :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The server is now running with harder stones = true.
    Don't forget to adjust your GregTech config and the UndergroundBiome config (harder stone modifier = 6)

(this should solve the respawning stone blocks problem)

• Yey, checked the thread today and we have finally got to "beta stage"!

I'll see tomorrow if I'll be able to join or if my RAM pukes on me. See you in-game!

Taco out

Tacos are tasty. Tacos are good for you. I'm a taco. What more do I need to say?

• Still having some issues connecting; all my mod files should be correct per the initial post, but I get an error "Connection Lost: A Fatal Error has occured, this connection is terminated" after seeing the server for one tick or so (dunno if I'm registering as coming online or not to folks who are on).

I'm also running Minecraft on OSX, but that shouldn't make a big difference.

When I try to create a single player world, I get the following crash referencing NEI:

• Some thoughts on Geologica VS GT+UB:
    GT Ores seem to have more processing paths per ore type, whereas Geologica has many ores (half?) that process one way with no byproducts. This point may not remain true as this portion of both mods is in development, or ore dictionary equities may assign byproducts to more Geo ores.

(Not countng single-oreblock formations) GT ore concentrations allow you to make mines for a specific mineral. It can take a while to find the particular vein you want, but once found, you mine what you need and come back later for hundreds of ore blocks.

Geologica ores seem to be branch mining friendlier, and generate in a sizes more comparable to vanilla veins.

Both are caver friendly, with Geologica allowing you to expect many ore types in a cave system in mid to low quantities, and GT favoring many very low yield ore types and one ore type in vast quantities.

UB looks to be decorator friendly, and Geologica is more realistic.

Anyone know if you can make Geologica ores into bricks, stairs, fences, cobble, and smooth varieties?

• Anyone know if you can make Geologica ores into bricks, stairs, fences, cobble, and smooth varieties?

Most of them have coble, smooth and brick varieties (didn't check for fences and stairs but i think there are)

• Official Post

Geologica ores seem to be branch mining friendlier, and generate in a sizes more comparable to vanilla veins.

Nope: http://imgur.com/a/98DSV, big sizes just like GT but it has a proper vein pattern.

UB looks to be decorator friendly, and Geologica is more realistic.

Anyone know if you can make Geologica ores into bricks, stairs, fences, cobble, and smooth varieties?

Geologica drops cobble/rubble for many of its rocks, so may be able to make, and if not we have chisel+carpenter for that sake.

• Geologica ores seem to be branch mining friendlier, and generate in a sizes more comparable to vanilla veins.

I did recommend to to Invultri that if we do go down the path of GT ore blocks, we double the spawn rate of ore (if we can) and we half the amount each vein gives us (or triple / third etc). Veins will be more common, but will have less ore, which is a pretty good trade-off.

GT Ores seem to have more processing paths per ore type, whereas Geologica has many ores (half?) that process one way with no byproducts.

That's a good point actually, I hadn't even considered that.

• Official Post

I did recommend to to Invultri that if we do go down the path of GT ore blocks, we double the spawn rate of ore (if we can) and we half the amount each vein gives us (or triple / third etc). Veins will be more common, but will have less ore, which is a pretty good trade-off.

But i like the aspect of big veins, it feels more realistic as mines usually have huge veins of concentrated ore rarely. Also gives a much better feeling when you find one of those.

That's a good point actually, I hadn't even considered that.

I guess that is because Greg hasnt added those steps for PFAA ores yet.

• But i like the aspect of big veins, it feels more realistic as mines usually have huge veins of concentrated ore rarely. Also gives a much better feeling when you find one of those.

Have you seen the size of them? XD. They'll still be huge if you half the size of the veins, and since you double the spawn rate of every vein, you have more of a chance to get different ores in a nearby area too. Rather than being limited to just one huge vein, you have 2 smaller veins, with different ores. That'll solve the problem of people having trouble finding every ore.

And I thought you didn't like GT's worldgen? :P